Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came for some Tippett content and found buses. What has happened to us.

That's a disgrace what Tippett has done

Not enough that he ripped them off for 5 seasons but he's still wanting the cash

Here's a laugh :

Port Convention "
The inaugural Member Convention in 2018 was a league first, providing Port Adelaide members exclusive insights to the football program, with unprecedented access and information.

In 2019 we will provide more of our members with the opportunity to step inside the inner sanctum.

The program will include presentations from our coaches, high performance staff, recruiting and list management as well as some key notes from senior leaders at the club.

Hear how our coaches expect the AFL rule changes to impact the game as well as what game style changes they will be working on in 2019.

Date: Saturday 16 February 2019

Time: 8.00am - 4.00pm

Venue: Adelaide Entertainment Centre

Parking: Complimentary guest car parking

Price: $ 99 (three month payment plan available)"

Payment plan ..... Hahahahaha
If you're that bust up broke why would you spend $100 on this s**t ?

Port board pretty much all non attendees - learnt their lesson last year

Isn’t the overall cost of Footy express factored into our membership price?
Part of it is in our ticket price & part subsidised by the Government.

Given Port members tickets are cheaper than Crows ones, we are effectively paying in full & they are getting free public transport.

The cost does not bother me as I use a 28 day pass anyway.

However imagine the nightmare as people need to buy tickets. Will create bottlenecks at the Adelaide Train Station at the ticketing machines and cause delays in people boarding trams and buses as people need.to purchase a ticket.

Daresay they would have to open the gates and let people board for free due to the mass of numbers without a ticket.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah imagine the nightmare. People might have to be responsible for their own decisions like forward planning how they attend their entertainment.

What if as part of our memberships, we could tick yes or no to using public transport, then, your membership card would come doubled as a metro card which works for a couple hours each side of a game.
Then those members would always have their bus ticket, and everyone else wouldn't be paying for their privilege.

No but it increases the stakes if you choose to go and blow the relationship up and makes a messy situation even worse.

I know children aren't always planned but they are kind of an inevitability if you're having a lot of unprotected sex with the same person. It always weirds me out when people claim their baby was a surprise. What did they think was going to happen? Were they expecting to be sterile?

I can think of at least a couple of ways that a baby would be a surprise to at least one party of a relationship.

No you don't. You can purchase a bus ticket from the driver, and trams have ticket machines. The bus will be slow if people buy a single trip each time, but doable. The tram will be a nightmare if most people buy on board.

You could make it pre-pay only on match days, but that would deter people from using PT to get to the game.

Stephan Knoll really has no clue what he's doing.

Why should the SA taxpayer fund the football going public's transport to games? Seems a very logical decision to me. It's either fully funded by the clubs or not funded at all and those that want to use public transport pay for it themselves. If it takes extra time because dimwits are fumbling for change, then drive your car and pay for parking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but it increases the stakes if you choose to go and blow the relationship up and makes a messy situation even worse.

I know children aren't always planned but they are kind of an inevitability if you're having a lot of unprotected sex with the same person. It always weirds me out when people claim their baby was a surprise. What did they think was going to happen? Were they expecting to be sterile?

Meh, there is still a double standard in society towards pregnancy. If you are a guy and you get somebody pregnant, you are obliged to " do the right thing" or " pay your share" otherwise you are " a deadbeat dad" or "a piece of s**t that won't face up to his responsibility". So, if a guy didn't want the child and his partner at the time is using a contraceptive yet gets pregnant, he will either have to "do the right thing" or be labelled " a piece of s**t".

Of course, if the woman didn't want the child because it isn't the time she wants to bring a child into the world, she can abort the fetus. There is no recrimination on her for making that decision ( nor should there be). Now if the guy did want the child, well stiff s**t, not his body, not his decision, even if she was having unprotected sex, what did she expect to happen...

Until society moves forward where a guy can sign away his legal rights, if the woman decides to have the child, so he is not encumbered with 18 years of paying towards a child he did not want, or feels obliged to live with or marry a person he has gotten pregnant we will continue with the double standard and the finger pointing at the man, like it was all his fault...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/financial-abortion-men-opt-out-parenthood/8049576

Meh, there is still a double standard in society towards pregnancy. If you are a guy and you get somebody pregnant, you are obliged to " do the right thing" or " pay your share" otherwise you are " a deadbeat dad" or "a piece of s**t that won't face up to his responsibility". So, if a guy didn't want the child and his partner at the time is using a contraceptive yet gets pregnant, he will either have to "do the right thing" or be labelled " a piece of s**t".

Of course, if the woman didn't want the child because it isn't the time she wants to bring a child into the world, she can abort the fetus. There is no recrimination on her for making that decision ( nor should there be). Now if the guy did want the child, well stiff s**t, not his body, not his decision, even if she was having unprotected sex, what did she expect to happen...

Until society moves forward where a guy can sign away his legal rights, if the woman decides to have the child, so he is not encumbered with 18 years of paying towards a child he did not want, or feels obliged to live with or marry a person he has gotten pregnant we will continue with the double standard and the finger pointing at the man, like it was all his fault...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-04/financial-abortion-men-opt-out-parenthood/8049576

Cue Jenny rolling in and saying, "well, what did he expect to happen, of course it's his responsibility"

Tippett... lol

Eleventy pages on busses too... lol

On a serious note, just saw on news.com.au article a video of the Melbourne knife attacker being shot dead. What the heck... when did mainstream media start showing kill shot videos... got a shock

A friend of mine just texted me and was just down the street from the JB Hi-Fi in Bourke St when it happened - he's pretty freaked out. Scary stuff.

I'm glad the cops killed the piece of s**t.

A friend of mine just texted me and was just down the street from the JB Hi-Fi in Bourke St when it happened - he's pretty freaked out. Scary stuff.

I'm glad the cops killed the piece of s**t.
Im in 2 minds. I say let him live and let the general prison population sort it out

Im in 2 minds. I say let him live and let the general prison population sort it out
As much as I'd like to see a person like that suffer slowly, heck taxpayers footing the bill for their food and board for the rest of their life.

I can think of at least a couple of ways that a baby would be a surprise to at least one party of a relationship.
You mean like if a woman were to lie about taking the pill, or sabotaging a contraceptive or some weird s**t like that? I guess the lesson here is if you're dating crazy, always double-bag it. ;)

Not disagreeing with the double standard you pointed out but how would a system like that work? You'd probably have thousands of men opting out and a shitload of single mothers.

Why should the SA taxpayer fund the football going public's transport to games? Seems a very logical decision to me. It's either fully funded by the clubs or not funded at all and those that want to use public transport pay for it themselves. If it takes extra time because dimwits are fumbling for change, then drive your car and pay for parking.

Why should taxpayers funds go towards lots of things? Because as a society we work together and pool funds. You dont get to pick and choose (besides choosing those in charge).

My taxes fund museums. I dont visit them but im not whingeing and want them shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back