Gaming Madden 19 Franchise PS4 - Year 2. Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My 99 speed wr was caught from behind by a 89 speed cb. Makes no sense

I have my player speed threshold at 0, yet my receivers still get caught by linebackers and DE's.

Do you mean the threshold slider? If so, my understanding is that creates a bigger or smaller difference in a players gap in stats. Lower the threshold, the bigger the gap between the highest rated and lowest rated players, across the board in skills.

Looks ALMOST right to me.

Watch the two DBs at the bottom of the screen. Numbers 22 and 29. Scandrick and Berry.

Scandrick is closer to Doug Martin when Martin breaks the line and has open field ahead of him. He takes a fair while to catch him, but catch him he does eventually. He misses the tackle tho, slowing Martin up a bit, allowing Berry, who has started chasing Martin from a long way away, but over the last 30 or so yards he really motors in to catch him.

In other words, all of them have only a few points difference in acceleration, Martin the slower of the three. Scandrick is pretty close when the chase begins, but it takes him a fair while to catch him, tho Berry has started from a lot further away and managed to catch him. If not for the last couple of missed tackles slowing Martin down, Berry probably does not catch him.

Martin
speed - 87
acceleration - 87

Scandrick
speed - 89
acceleration - 91

Berry
speed - 90
acceleration - 90

I also tested Tyreek Hill on punt/kick returns and boy is he noticeably faster. And on a few deep bombs, Hill got separation over the first 10 yards from the LOS and over the next 30-40 yards got about 5 yards ahead of the CB....however, the CB was still in a good position and intercepted an underthrown or too flat ball.

Hail Mary Pass

Again, looks ALMOST right.

Keep an eye on the two inside WRs. Hill (10) on the left and Conley (17) on the right.

The three DBs in play are Nelson (23) covering Hill, Hall (29) covering Conley, and FS Gilchrist (31) in deep third zone coverage.

Both CBs sit in their zone for 10 yards allowing Hill and Conley to reach them before they turn and follow, both CBs get blown by fairly quickly, and both WRs are open deep. The FS runs over to cover Hill seeing the pass go that way, but he isn't able to get where the ball lands before Hill does, however, Hill has to kind of slow down to catch the ball, and that allows Gilchrist time enough to make contact with Hill inside the 5 yard line, but he isn't able to stop him from entering the endzone.

Notice tho, that the two outside WRs are not able to get separation from the CBs covering them thruout the length of the play.

Hill
speed - 99
acceleration - 99

Conley
speed - 93
acceleration - 92

Nelson
speed - 88
acceleration - 89

Hall
speed - 86
acceleration - 91

Gilchrist
speed - 88
acceleration - 89

I appreciate you putting so much effort into the sliders GG, but I don't think it's appropriate to be changing the sliders mid season. Maybe once this season has finished then we can review it again in the 2019 pre season.

When Nelson turned to follow Hill, that was at the 40. By the time Hill got to the 50 he was about 3 yards ahead of Nelson.
From the 50 to the 15, when Hill got to the ball, over a 35 yard sprint, Hill had managed to extend that gap by 7 to 8 yards.

Imo, that seems way too big of a difference.

There's a 10 speed and acceleration difference between Hill and Nelson in the ratings.

In a 40 yard dash, Tyreek Hill did it in 4:24
In a 40 yard dash, Nick Nelson did it in 4:52

:30 of a difference "should" amount to about 2 yards difference in a sprint.

For a guide, check out these Simulcam 40 yard dashes.

Of note, at 0:58 in the video, Eisen is up against Vadal Alexander, who is about :40 faster than Eisen, and it amounts to about 3 yards difference.

Or, check out Goff and Newton in a Simulcam.

Go to 1:34 in the video.

Cam 4:60, Goff 4:82....dash times. The gap is 2 yards.

Just testing now with 40 threshold. More Hail Mary passes. Same players, same teams.

It looks perfect now in comparison to the Simulcams.

Hill and Conley get about a 2-3 yard separation in a sprint for the deep ball. But that 3 yard difference is still not necessarily resulting in TDs or catches every play, as the WR has to slow down a little to catch an underthrown or rainbow ball, and the CB is within striking distance to leap and get a hand on the ball.

40 speed threshold. Looks right to me.

Watch Conley vs Hall on the inside right. 17 is Conley. Hall turns and follows him, so we can see over a 30 yard dash there's a 1-2 yard separation before they both break off inside toward where the ball is thrown.

Hill didn't have Nelson follow him in this, but notice when he catches the ball and breaks free from a tackle, number 42 of the Raiders starts running toward him. At first there's a 4 yard gap between them, and over 25 yards of sprinting, Hill manages to get to about 6 yard difference by the time he gets to the endzone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you get the advance off ASAP I'll squeeze out my game (soz LA)
i think Stinger is going to advance since he is in Madden. ill switch over when im finished the level im playing on Spyro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back