Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more interested to see who GWS picks up with their first pick knowing that in two years time they will probably be at Carlton.
Only if they're no good.

GWS about to give us pick 19. Here we go.
You'd assume that would be a future first for pick 19.
Plus Dal Santo and Brad Johnson saying we’ll be bottom 4 next year, so that pick could be a top 5 pick.
Dunno about bottom 4. Bottom 6 maybe, bottom 8 almost certainly, and bottom 10 without a doubt. Good deal for GWS. :p

Question is will they make it so you can trade players on your list at the same time.

Otherwise things will be very limited.
Clubs should be able to trade any contracted player. That would redress the balance, but they'd have to agree to earlier access to free agency, say 6/8 instead of 8/10, and with it being portable.

Yes, Essendon (Shiel) and Collingwood (Beams) the only teams without a future first.

Brisbane traded their but got one back for Beams.
What happens if a bid on Quaynor comes early enough for Collingwood to go into deficit in the first round next year? Is this yet another loophole that will be rorted because of the AFL's lack of foresight?

Devil is in the detail. Both Max King and Rankine have come out saying they'd 'love to play for the team they grew up supporting', which is absolutely fine, but at least Rankine has followed it up with 'but i'd love to be selected no matter what, and go anywhere. I believe he also came out and said he'd love to be the number 1 pick, so...

Both of the King brothers should be investigated for draft tampering.

Let them be honest. As long as they don't say that they'd refuse to go to a club(s) it's fine.

Sorry there’s a pretty misleading article on the afl site suggesting he trained today. It does seem he’s just working out in the gym.

Doesn't really mean much. Juniors often do rehab/train with AFL teams. A couple of years back Dunkley was doing rehab and played VFL games with Richmond, while supposedly in the Sydney academy (although he lived in Melbourne and thus Richmond was more convenient...) and yet he ended up at the Bulldogs.

I'm sure there are rules around it (medical reports must be shared, etc), and yes, there would be some advantage to the hosting team getting to know his personality, and how he relates to the people at the club, (call it payback for the time/effort/resources they contribute), but it's nothing conclusive.

Someone will be the bad guy. I think it will be Gold Coast at 6 or Adelaide.
If it’s Gold Coast at six or any club at a later pick I don’t see that as being “bad guys”. It’s what he’s worth. An earlier pick, on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me like James Gallagher is briefing a fair few journo's with "potential" favourable swaps for StKilda involving 4.

Seems pretty apparent that they really want a mid/runner or two as that is what is really needed but can't overlook Max if they are left with Pick 4.

It is a good, if not slightly frustrating, position to be in. Not saying i wouldn't be doing the same if i was Gallagher.

Wow, those King twins not shying away from letting everyone know they don't want to leave Victoria! Max would love to be at Saint Kilda, and would prefer to be trading by the Saints, then follows it up by saying 'but you never know what happens.....', instead of the old 'but i'll be happy to play anywhere. Disgraceful.
Same with Ben King mentioning that he would rather stay in VIC and be picked up by the Bulldogs at pick 7 SPECIFICALLY. How do they get away with that s**t?

He said he would love to be at St. Kilda because he barracks for them. And nothing wrong with the word RATHER. Every single draftee would rather stay in the state they live in or play for the club they grew up barracking, anyone who says otherwise is full of it. Also both Kings have also both said they'd be okay with playing where ever they get picked up. You're reading way to much into trivial comments. Not like they flat out said they refuse to. And they can say whatever they like, they are not bound to the AFL or any rules until pen is on paper. Besides its likely both were also asked directly about the Saints and Bulldogs in their interview as both players have been heavily linked to both teams by many draft observers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back