Delisted #22: Irving Mosquito - Parts ways with the club, unable to return from injury - 13/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly fills a need. We lost a few small mid/ fwd, fwd types in Green, Colyer and Jackson Merrett. Next year we will lose Baguley and Long.

He wont be required in 2019 and id love him to finish his schooling whilst training and playing VFL with the club.

I've had to listen to my workmate go on and on about this kid since Cyril retired... Blah Blah, got the retirement easily covered with Mozzie, Mozzie this, Mozzie that...

To be honest I never really took much of it in as h has taken years of delight reminding me that Cyril wanted to be a Bomber originally only to end up at Fawne

I now can't wait to run into ol mate next week and discuss Mozzie lol.

Way to go Irony Gods... :rolleyes:

What's his speed like?

I got permission from Irv's guardians to capture the video off Facebook and upload to YouTube.

That video gave great insight. Sounds as though Hawthorn had already made it known they wouldn't match if Essendon went with our first pick. Hence giving him a tour on the morning of the draft.

The best way I could describe him is Alwyn Davey who does not fumble. Not overly big but has some decent tricks. Will need to kick on the right foot more as he comes on as at the moment he is 99% left side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That video gave great insight. Sounds as though Hawthorn had already made it known they wouldn't match if Essendon went with our first pick. Hence giving him a tour on the morning of the draft.
He met with 12 "officials" including Woosha & Tippa (who the hell is Tippa?).
The take away is they knew that Essendon were keen but would have to go early.
They were almost also certain that it would come down to Essendon or Hawthorn only.
They had also been assured that if he was bid on late then Hawthorn would match. However Hawthorns preference was nobody bid and he would be given a 2 year rookie contract.
They unknown grey area was if Hawthorn would match an early bid or not.

From the horses mouth at 11.00 am yesterday.
Even after the meeting he was still "keen on Hawthorn" presumably because he had already built relationships with us.
Obviously being an Essendon fan he is not upset with how it panned out.

(who the hell is Tippa?).
nVsWRIl.jpg

We got Mozzie and Shiel from under Hawthorn this off season. Square up for JOM and probably another I'm not thinking of.

We got Mozzie and Shiel from under Hawthorn this off season. Square up for JOM and probably another I'm not thinking of.
The basis of any good list build is revenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back