Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/p...e/news-story/63ff0968cd1d04c9f15cbb519269e317

Brendan and Alex Fevola have announced the safe arrival of their baby daughter.

Ex-AFL star Brendan called into his Melbourne radio program The Fifi, Fev and Byron Show this morning to share the news.

Alex was scheduled for an 8am C-section and Fevola made the phone call as the new baby girl was being weighed.

A clearly emotional Fevola described her as a “cute little thing” with a “huge head of hair”.

“She looks like me a bit … I wish she had got Alex’s genes … She’s a little mini-me with fat cheeks”.

2da8ed63783cc8677ff065101adf5061

But things went a little awry when his colleague Fifi Box probed him on the baby’s name.

Seeming reluctant to share the name, Brendan announced that they had called her “Brenda Fevola … no middle name”.

To which Fifi got the giggles, saying it was a “stitch-up”.

“Ah! Good gear!” she said through laughter.

“I knew you’d say that … that’s why I didn’t want to tell you,” said Brendan.

Co-host Byron Cooke stepped in telling Fifi “that might be the name … don’t laugh just in case that’s the name”.

At this point Fifi began to back-pedal saying “I mean … that’s a beautiful name … Brenda … I love Brenda … Brendan and Brenda Fevola.”

To which Brendan sarcastically responded “Thanks Fi … that’s an amazing reaction”.

To clarify, Fifi asked: “So she’s named after you?” and Brendan responds “yeah well if it had have been a boy it would have been Brendan Jr”.

Imagine this was us?

Yep , our favourite Caroline Wilson and ‘the truck’ john Ralph would be writing articles of north are a lost case need to relocate.
But as it is a rebuilding St Kilda all will be sweet and smell like roses.
I think we underestimate the great work our club has done to basically wipe the debt off

Just watching ye olde game from 96 on fox tonight, Carlton v West Coast and by Odins beard if footy back then didn't absolutely s**t on the dross served up in this day & age.

I was watching the NM vs Melb game where Carey kicked 10. Goddamn if it wasn't fast and frantic without a whistle every 12 seconds.
It’s startling when you watch old games how often your brain jumps to “free there” for things that would be paid now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She just lost a fan! If all the women in the world threw themselves at me at once (typical day) and I had to choose 1, I would have picked Natalie Portman. Now she is almost last and I wouldn't give her the time of day - even if she was reading my thesis and holding a kebab at 4am and I was drunk and hadn't eaten for 3 days.

Your loss Natalie.

Just watching ye olde game from 96 on fox tonight, Carlton v West Coast and by Odins beard if footy back then didn't absolutely s**t on the dross served up in this day & age.

It breaks my heart. Completely different games.

She just lost a fan! If all the women in the world threw themselves at me at once (typical day) and I had to choose 1, I would have picked Natalie Portman.

Not only are you a giant of the sports science world, you also possess impeccable taste in women.

Not only are you a giant of the sports science world, you also possess impeccable taste in women.
I travel a lot and there isn't a duty free airport in the world that hasn't had me stop at the dior advertisement, pause, and think "God, it is you Natalie. The way the fluorescent caught your cheek for a second there, I thought you were an angel."

I travel a lot and there isn't a duty free airport in the world that hasn't had me stop at the dior advertisement, pause, and think "God, it is you Natalie. The way the fluorescent caught your cheek for a second there, I thought you were an angel."

Stunning beauty, genuinely smart (psychology degree at Harvard), and takes the piss out of herself (unassuming).

That's an irresistible trifecta for me.

I 100% agree. In Brisbane we get 4 games televised every week. Two of them are Gold Coast and Brisbane games, which leaves just two other games.
With Gold Coast being rubbish all year and Brisbane average for the first half of the year, the quality of the televised product was so poor that i can only conclude that NOBODY at the AFL wants to grow the game here.
It's taken me 30 years but I have finally come around to watching rugbly league (union still a bit of a stretch), mainly because it is still usually a bloody hard and tough contest. I miss the hard and tough stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back