Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone care to read/hear about Karl "the robot" Stefanovic's midlife crisis ?
At least his wife can join the gold digging ranks alongside Jescinta Campbell.
People who actually care about this story are the same type of people who spend their lunch break gossiping about others in the office and watch Love Island unironically.

Last edited:

Does anyone care to read/hear about Karl "the robot" Stefanovic's midlife crisis ?
At least his wife can join the gold digging ranks alongside Jescinta Campbell.

Her family wealth makes Karl look like a pauper so money was never the reason

The constant wedding media is a pr stunt in boosting his popularity because of the hit his divorce and subsequent hookup with a younger women took on him and the show. They need to reinvent him

What is with the crazy pricing of cookware. Pots and Pans worth over $1,500 today in the cooking shop. Can buy the same stuff from Kmart for $50

Cast iron pans are the way to go. Cheap, last for generations, and are one of the only things you can own that actually get better the more you use them.

What is with the crazy pricing of cookware. Pots and Pans worth over $1,500 today in the cooking shop. Can buy the same stuff from Kmart for $50
There's certainly overpriced stuff on the market - most of it is, really. There's certainly an astronomical difference between high-end cookware and Kmart cookware, though - but if you're just casually cooking at home there's not much of a point in splurging.

Cast iron pans are the way to go. Cheap, last for generations, and are one of the only things you can own that actually get better the more you use them.
Huge degree of comparative maintenance though; they require a lot more care than other pans and most people aren't prepared to put in the time/effort to care for them. Plus the amount of people that burn the s**t out of themselves trying to pick them up by the handle without wrapping it in something...

I never understand these cookware shops that have 'sales' all year round - they are not sales, they are just your normal prices. Prices never change on the same items but are apparently 'sale' prices.

Well I do understand - its to get you into the shop but just false advertising really

Huge degree of comparative maintenance though; they require a lot more care than other pans and most people aren't prepared to put in the time/effort to care for them. Plus the amount of people that burn the s**t out of themselves trying to pick them up by the handle without wrapping it in something...

I've had mine a few years now so for half the stuff I cook I only need to give them a quick wipe out with a paper towel.

The rest of the time just a quick scrape with a straight edge metal spatula then a wipe out with paper towel. Easy as.

I've had mine a few years now so for half the stuff I cook I only need to give them a quick wipe out with a paper towel.

The rest of the time just a quick scrape with a straight edge metal spatula then a wipe out with paper towel. Easy as.
Yeah if you know how to care for it it's fine. A lot of people don't season/re-season it, or don't clean it immediately, or let water sit in it, or are used to true non-stick, or don't use it enough, though - it then becomes a lot tougher to look after. They're pretty tough pans and you're right, it doesn't take a lot, but there are a lot of things that can ruin them - particularly if you're buying lower-end ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard any Christmas music while out and about ?

Not one shopping center (or shop within a shopping center) has played one single Christmas song over the past 2 weeks.

Are we that scared of PC do-good-ers that we can no longer belt out a Christmas tune ?

Today at the centre I was at they had carollers in front of the Xmas tree and Santa having his photo taken with a long line of kids

Myer and David Jones has Xmas carols playing as did Woolworths

Not one shopping center (or shop within a shopping center) has played one single Christmas song over the past 2 weeks.

Are we that scared of PC do-good-ers that we can no longer belt out a Christmas tune ?
Go to Coles.

They were playing Baby It's Cold Outside at Emporium in the CBD last week

We had elf radio playing at work for 3 days before the boss threatened to go a killing spree, so it got changed

Today at the centre I was at they had carollers in front of the Xmas tree and Santa having his photo taken with a long line of kids

Myer and David Jones has Xmas carols playing as did Woolworths

Go to Coles.

Haven't checked out Myer or DJ's but when I've trundled through the shopping centers as well as individual shops (including Woolworths and Coles!) It's always been your standard 2018 pop music affair :-/

Maybe I just need to pick a better time to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back