Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying he's a loose canon like them?
I think he wouldve been ideal for us as he can play back or in the midfield
If he gets picked up by hawthorn or anyone else he'll show that he belongs at the highest level

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No, I am saying there are always talented players that are ignored at the draft and there is a reason for that.

For every Sam Menegola who does demonstrate they belong after being finally given a chance, there are 10 busts that disappear without barely a whimper.

Not sure if that links going to work, or if this is even the place to put this, but anyway. I’ve been through YouTube the last few months just watching anything and everything eagles related. Found this last night. I’ve still got the VHS of it somewhere. I used to love watching these every year when they came out. This ones great for obvious reasons (premiership season) but love the old music and the commentators. Great to see some highlights too of the big forwards. They’d just kick massive bags every week. Ablett, Dunstall, Locket, Modra, the list goes on. If you’ve got some spare time (it’s pretty long) and are of my vintage, reckon you’ll enjoy it 👍

But are actually very effective footballers

Meh. sometimes it’s a liability to have a guy like menegola who dominates one game then goes missing and makes a bunch of clangers the next.

I don’t disagree, I’m mostly just annoyed that it will benefit hawthorn

But are actually very effective footballers

For a limited time.

Mature age players hit their peaks early and very few become the elite players in the competition. You pick them up to fill an immediate need for a couple of seasons and in the meantime you hope that the kid you picked up in the draft comes good.

For a limited time.

Mature age players hit their peaks early and very few become the elite players in the competition. You pick them up to fill an immediate need for a couple of seasons and in the meantime you hope that the kid you picked up in the draft comes good.
Yep and while i think our midfield is a strength of ours now it could do with mpre depth.if we had meadows and smith on the rookie list we could cover the inside and outside roles with mature bodies if needed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion but I think Taberner goes alright, could become a dependable KPF for the purples. You won't get attitude problems with him either *coughjessehogancough*

Nowhere near as a big a mistake as Jack Anthony, Shane Kersten, Hayden Ballantyne getting another contract etc.

Unpopular opinion but I think Taberner goes alright, could become a dependable KPF for the purples. You won't get attitude problems with him either *coughjessehogancough*

Nowhere near as a big a mistake as Jack Anthony, Shane Kersten, Hayden Ballantyne getting another contract etc.
Yeah he’s decent. He’d be more reliable than McCarthy

When you get the chance to lock in a key forward who is Jack Darling’s age, with a career best season of 18 goals, how could you not?

The man averages nearly 11 goals per season guys, you can’t let assets just slip through your fingers like that.

When you get the chance to lock in a key forward who is Jack Darling’s age, with a career best season of 18 goals, how could you not?

The man averages nearly 11 goals per season guys, you can’t let assets just slip through your fingers like that.
Taberner showed a fair bit last season,his marking improved out of sight.
Its the right move signing him again.hell weve had in infinitely worse mcinnes on our list for ages

Taberner showed a fair bit last season,his marking improved out of sight.
Its the right move signing him again.hell weve had in infinitely worse mcinnes on our list for ages

Yes, but we never had posters going to other boards talking about how McInnes’ improvement would be the catalyst for finals footy.

Plus, at no stage in the last seven years has McInnes been our best KPF. I would hope most club’s best KPF (now third best you’d have to say) is better than McInnes.

Yes, but we never had posters going to other boards talking about how McInnes’ improvement would be the catalyst for finals footy.

Plus, at no stage in the last seven years has McInnes been our best KPF. I would hope most club’s best KPF (now third best you’d have to say) is better than McInnes.
The comment was based on them signing him again and its the right move
His chances of regular games have taken a hit with hogan and lobb coming in but i know who I'd rather have on our list out of him and mcinnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back