Preview JLT 2: vs Lions @ Casey Fields Saturday 9th March 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

All that bothered me about the game was the way we couldn't clear the ball out of defence. That was half the reason they kept slingshotting back in and scoring. I expect when the real stuff starts that the likes of ANB, Fritsch etc. will be gut running to free up space for the get out kick. Today they looked a bit lazy, though I wasn't there to see off the ball running etc. This is where we'll miss an aerobic marking animal like Hogan and, funnily enough we might even miss Watts - who was no animal but did used to get down the wing as a get out kick when Hogan was playing forward pre-TMac.

Joel Smith has locked in a spot against Port based off a very promising performance. On the other hand, Spargo had three bad games and dropped too many gimmes today. Would be surprised if he plays ahead of Jeffy rd 1.
Isn't Jeffy injured?

Actually I think I need to retract what I said. Slowed it down and it looks like shoulder on chin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309_162726.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309_162726.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 232

didnt get him high though. Stood his ground.

If that is a suspension, this game is ******

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That's not what i'm saying, player disposes of the ball and May chooses to bump late.

I agree it's soft as **** but with May's history of getting suspended for this stuff he probably should of not bothered especially in a JLT game that means nothing

Actually I think I need to retract what I said. Slowed it down and it looks like shoulder on chin.
That genuinely doesn't show contact though. That just shows his shoulder near his chin, with no real insight into when. Need to see it at the point of contact really. Can see why Lions fans would be angry with him - he does like hitting them whenever they play.

I feel this is a relatively recent thing.

The pros like macavaney and whateley who are actually orofessional journos/callers dont do that. Both have been on the record about the days of prep they do for any call.

Since the quality has sunk through the floor, any gorilla who struggles with full sentences can wander in, make a few obvious cliched remarks and then cash the cheques.

I would love to start a live stream with some decent callers you could stream over the coverage. People who know when to shut up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm curious as to the days and days of research McAvaney allegedly puts in. Doesn't take a lot of research to say the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's the incident. May well have clipped him on the jaw. Will be up to Michael Christian's chook lotto really.

Going to be lots of embarrassed people around the club if he cops a week or two. Would suggest his paycheck* for any time he misses would be going to a charitable cause.

Only watched the game in parts, from what I saw we played game without intensity, apart from the 2nd qtr.

Wouldn’t be worried at all about the result. We won’t play with that lack of intensity during the season.

Here's the incident. May well have clipped him on the jaw. Will be up to Michael Christian's chook lotto really.

Going to be lots of embarrassed people around the club if he cops a week or two. Would suggest his paycheck* for any time he misses would be going to a charitable cause.

LOL.:cool:

As much as I love the way May plays he shouldn’t be taking the risk of going for that bump in a JLT game
That was all i'm saying especially with a few players already sidelined with injuries. Thompson did the same thing today to Rozee after he disposed of the ball. He's already missing round 1 with suspension, so why risk it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way that youre acting you would have been born five years after the 3 peat

By the way I’m acting? Simply stating a fact. May has history against the Lions - Martin, Rocky and now Berry. You think it was fair play or a courageous act? Give me a break...
My second post was just a smarta$$ reply to a sarcastic comment. Perfectfooty, feel free to give me a holiday if u feel necessary. Won’t shatter my world.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back