Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Man Fremantle do like to takes gambles don't they.

Sylvia, Brad Hill, Jesse Hogan, Bennell, Cameron Mccarthy

Next up might be Tim Kelly he might turn up like Bennell.

I reckon Fremantle should play it easy and recruit people that have no issues.

But they got a pick in Conca who would have thought he would be a star in the darkest time. If i was Fremantle, I'd also get Mark Hutchings to help with their culture.

But I think Fremantle need an overhaul and rebuild of culture from Ross Lyon down
Surely Tim Kelly is on the straight and narrow with 3 kids to his name. (Not that he ever wasn't on the straight and narrow)

But they got a pick in Conca who would have thought he would be a star in the darkest time. If i was Fremantle, I'd also get Mark Hutchings to help with their culture.

But I think Fremantle need an overhaul and rebuild of culture from Ross Lyon down
Need something different, a coach stayed too long lost creativity , Clarkson a bit different because he always have different assistant coaches every season .

Effect Bennell had was catastrophic

I don't think we will see Hogan for quite some time this season..if at all. To get plastered one week before the season starts says it all.

Another risky investment in the hope of a magic quick fix that has turned to custard.

You would think that the penny would have dropped by now. Build a team through the draft and don't recruit dickheads.

God I wish Lyon would just piss off.

2 reasonable / good years or was or 3? All under Ross.

Into the 25th year of existence this year.

Absolutely disgraceful. Still stuck in the mentality of trades done 15 to 20 years ago...Can't be bothered naming the high profile recruit names. They try and recruit one big player, a saviour, that transforms the whole club. It doesn't work.

Complete and utter shambolic basket case is the club. Heads should roll everywhere. The rot permiates everywhere and is enshrined into their DNA. it's just who they are.

Upper management, coach, health officials, drafting, development, allowing trades to come here and treat the club like a retirement package (No accountability).... I could go on and on.

And I'm not trying to get a reaction, but I say the above to make the following point:

If this was a Melbourne Club, the AFL would be ready to step in about now, ala what happened at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgraceful. Still stuck in the mentality of trades done 15 to 20 years ago...Can't be bothered naming the high profile recruit names. They try and recruit one big player, a saviour, that transforms the whole club. It doesn't work.

Complete and utter shambolic basket case is the club. Heads should roll everywhere. The rot permiates everywhere and is enshrined into their DNA. it's just who they are.

Upper management, coach, health officials, drafting, development, allowing trades to come here and treat the club like a retirement package (No accountability).... I could go on and on.

And I'm not trying to get a reaction, but I say the above to make the following point:

If this was a Melbourne Club, the AFL would be ready to step in about now, ala what happened at Melbourne.
AS much as it pains me this is absolutely spot on. While the Eagles definately got a much better concessions when they started than what Freo got , the running of the Dockers has, for the most part, been shambolic and shows no signs of getting any better.

AS much as it pains me this is absolutely spot on. While the Eagles definately got a much better concessions when they started than what Freo got , the running of the Dockers has, for the most part, been shambolic and shows no signs of getting any better.
And that's the shame of it...that it shows no sign of slowing down.

One could understand the first 10 or so years ...finding one's feet and all that.

But right at the moment, rightly or wrongly, the media have a vendetta against Fremantle now. And it started months before the Hogan thing.

I think the media will make things so unbearable that the club will be forced to make changes.

50,000 members and one of the most financially secure clubs in the league.

Do you over react this much when you burn your toast.

It doesn't help when the WAFC run your club into the ground for the first 7 seasons of it's existence.

So everything is going well? Content with things?

I knew someone would deflect.

Im certainly not cutting my wrists, Round 1 hasn't even started yet.

Very very happy with the clubs off field situation. On field is not great but that's what happens when you turn 2/3rds of your list over in 3 years.

All clubs have had behavioural issues over the years and the only people talking up Hogan as a saviour is the media.

My membership cards have Sunny Walters and Nat Fyfe on them, two players that would walk into any side.
Im going to watch them and the rest of our young developing squad on Sunday, content that while the immediate is dark the future is looking good.

The bolded is a myth, we had it far from easy during our early years.
-A smaller list compared to the other teams
-Huge start up fees
-Paying for the accomodation and flights of the opposition teams
-Drafting from the WAFL which had been raided prior to our startup

That was just some of the stuff we had to deal with

The bolded is a myth, we had it far from easy during our early years.
-A smaller list compared to the other teams
-Huge start up fees
-Paying for the accomodation and flights of the opposition teams
-Drafting from the WAFL which had been raided prior to our startup

That was just some of the stuff we had to deal with

Yeah but if Fremantle supporters didn't have bullshit stories they would have close to nothing.( * Im feeling mean today )

Even with the players we picked up in the off season, any side that lets their opposition kick 23 unanswered goals in its final rounds of the season has serious problems. Too little has been made of how embarrassing that game was - any club with more serious expectations on it would have seen heads roll. Instead the response was as tepid as what you'd expect from Gold Coast: no one cares and no one has the balls to do anything about it.

Bottom three.
Gotta love the positivity in your post. Lets talk about that game shall we? Was freo full strength at that game? No, far from it. I love what people have said about freo after that game. Some people were saying that Freo will spend another 10 years out of finals. So freo wont play finals until 2030?

Geez what happen if Fremantle accidentally lost to GC at Metricon Stadium.
It wouldn't look good
No and then or melt ?
I wont, but some freo fans will melt as thi game is one of the rare away games that is winnable for freo.
Unfortunately Ross Lyon is really good at making excuses.

He's still hammering on about how we're a rebuilding side, he mentions injuries a lot, and this pre-season he was even bitching about six-day breaks.

Which is a joke because for so long, one of his oft-clichés was 'we're a no excuses football club.' Luckily most football fans are generally idiots because, otherwise, everyone would be going 'uhh but Ross, you don't like excuses. That sounds a lot like an excuse.'

In a way, I hope we lose our first four games because they're our 'definite wins' according to most. That way, we could have some internal meetings and some heads would continue to roll – the medical team, the assistant coaches, and the senior coach. But if we get flogged, Ross will tumble it into a positive – we debuted a player or two, got games into our second year players, give Hogan and Lobb some time – and our board will continue to gawp and awe and go yes Ross yes okay, sounds good Ross and he'll stay on.
Well fancy seeing you being a negative Nancy. So Ross Lyon is to blame with 8-10 guys out injured before round 1?

So your happy to go 0-4? Are you happy to go 0-10 again just Like Freo did in 2016? I sure as hell don't.

I will say this, If lyon gets sacked, whether its this year or next, how do you know a new coach will do better?

getting the wrong coach could set us back 4-5 years.

The best thing freo has done since drafting Fyfe is appoint Peter Bell. The next thing they need to do is sack Lyon and get a fresh start. Would be a disaster if they get just enough wins to justify Ross for 2020.
That's your opinion. I would sack our Fitness Staff and recruiting staff before I sack Lyon.

Again.... 10-12 guys out injured before round 1 isn't Ideal? Do you fully Blame Lyon for this?

Get your a** on Wikipedia and look at every 1st round pick from 2007-2016: Rhys Palmer, Anthony Morabito, Josh Simpson, Michael Apeness, Jayden Pitt, Tom Sheridan, Griffin Logue. They were either hacks, had off field problems or iinjury Prone

6 wins for mine this year. Ross to join about 3 others getting sacked.
Bastardization post right here. Freo could be 4-0 if they beat North at home, suns away and saints at home and possibly the derby.
Yep were rooted. I had us between 8-10 wins this year but I have downgraded my expectations and reckon we r about 6-8 at best now. Our S + C team needs the sack ASAP. Too have so many TBA's just highlights how useless they r...
With Fyfe & Sandi playing no JLT games doesnt help our chances RD 1 either. We have a relatively soft start with a home game against the roos minus Thompson and an underdone tarrant but after seeing us perform in the JLT all confidence is now gone.
View attachment 634250
geez, not the best way to start the season. 10-12 blokes out injured before round 1.

Gotta love the positivity in your post. Lets talk about that game shall we? Was freo full strength at that game? No, far from it. I love what people have said about freo after that game. Some people were saying that Freo will spend another 10 years out of finals. So freo wont play finals until 2030?

It wouldn't look good
I wont, but some freo fans will melt as thi game is one of the rare away games that is winnable for freo.
Well fancy seeing you being a negative Nancy. So Ross Lyon is to blame with 8-10 guys out injured before round 1?

So your happy to go 0-4? Are you happy to go 0-10 again just Like Freo did in 2016? I sure as hell don't.

I will say this, If lyon gets sacked, whether its this year or next, how do you know a new coach will do better?

getting the wrong coach could set us back 4-5 years.

That's your opinion. I would sack our Fitness Staff and recruiting staff before I sack Lyon.

Again.... 10-12 guys out injured before round 1 isn't Ideal? Do you fully Blame Lyon for this?

Get your a** on Wikipedia and look at every 1st round pick from 2007-2016: Rhys Palmer, Anthony Morabito, Josh Simpson, Michael Apeness, Jayden Pitt, Tom Sheridan, Griffin Logue. They were either hacks, had off field problems or iinjury Prone

Bastardization post right here. Freo could be 4-0 if they beat North at home, suns away and saints at home and possibly the derby.
geez, not the best way to start the season. 10-12 blokes out injured before round 1.
Give it up mate, you are fighting a lost cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back