Preview Rnd 1 - Melbourne vs Port Adelaide 23th March 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If we pick Tim Smith I'm convinced we're tanking
He's injured, I reckon he'd have been a chance otherwise.

Had a feeling this would happen

I heard Mahoney briefly on SEN before, and he did casually drop there might be two debutants. Marty Hore would be the other I'd wager

Hore confirmed.

Stretch isn't even named as an emergency...

The list of emergencies isn't inspiring. Looking forward to getting some depth back.

I love Viney named in the forward pocket, let Harmes do the run with role (Rockliff?) and play Viney 70/30 forward/on ball

He doesn't have the conditioning to run out a whole game but let him iron out a few Port players in D50 to make them think twice about rebounding easily

Updated again with news VDB is out injured and Smith hasn't made it up.

B: X. Duursma, T.Clurey, D.Houston
F: C. Spargo, S.Weideman, C.Petracca
HB: R.Burton, T.Jonas, D.Byrne-Jones
HF: J.Melksham, T.McDonald, J. Hunt
C: S.Motlop, T Boak, T.Rockliff
C: A.Brayshaw, C.Oliver, B.Fritsch
HF: R Gray, J.Westhoff, C.Rozee
HB: C.Salem, S.Frost, M.Hibberd
F: J.Watts, S.Lycett, T.Marshall
B: N.Jetta, O.McDonald, M.Hore
FOL: P.Ryder, S.Powell-Pepper, B.Ebert
FOL: M.Gawn, J.Viney, J.Harmes
I/C:, , R.Bonner, W. Drew, Z. Butters, K.Amon
I/C: N.Jones, A.Neal-Bullen, J.Lewis, Stretch

Have included Stretch in the last bench spot because I think that is what we will do. Would rather blood Corey Wagner though and I recon if Harmes doesn't get through his test we may see him too.

Injuries challenging our depth a bit up forward with Hannan, Garlett, VDB, J Smith, T Smith, JKH all preferable to Stretch IMO. Maybe I am harsh on him.
Pretty spot on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 638767

Better late than never with this one ... also, any suggestions for other info to add let me hear it. I'll put ladder position and win/loss and % on next week when they actually exist.
It’s a beauty. For round one - clean slate is great. Plus the last time they met. Perfect.

I guess later rounds could also include ladder position, but this one for round one is mint.

Yeah, Corey looked pretty good in parts I saw of the preseason, happy for him to get his chance.

Hore, hmmmmmm, didnt impress me at all vs Brisbane. Looked every bit a VFL player to me.

Yeah, Corey looked pretty good in parts I saw of the preseason, happy for him to get his chance.

Hore, hmmmmmm, didnt impress me at all vs Brisbane. Looked every bit a VFL player to me.
Didn't he keep Raynor to like 4 or 5 touches? I didn't watch the game, but I read somewhere he did a fantastic shut down role. I haven't seen enough of him to make a comment either way. But with injuries and a lack of depth, it's either him or Wagner. Let's try him and then throw stones at him after the game if he is awful.

Didn't he keep Raynor to like 4 or 5 touches? I didn't watch the game, but I read somewhere he did a fantastic shut down role. I haven't seen enough of him to make a comment either way. But with injuries and a lack of depth, it's either him or Wagner. Let's try him and then throw stones at him after the game if he is awful.
Really not convinced on C. Wagner. He's done nothing that stands out. Looks a solid VFL player, but I'd bet he'll get a couple of senior games before being banished once AVB, Garlett or Hannan returns.
From 'don't call a debutant a VFL player' to calling a debutant a VFL player within three minutes.

Hore was pretty impressive in the scratch match against Collingwood, seemed to be in the right place a lot of the time and went for his marks - I liked him

bit of a Hibberd/Lever-Lite with his left foot

and he has a funny name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back