TAS Tassie... happening?

Remove this Banner Ad

because its freezing in winter.
there is f all to do in terms of entertainment. If you're in nature and hiking and camping its a different story.

I love tassie and I love hobart, but if you get offered similiar money to your job in Melbourne it'd be a pretty easy decision.
Launny is a couple of hundred K's south of Wonthaggi as the crow flies. It ain't that different.

As a young AFL player with a fair bit of coin, what would be the attraction of living full time in Hobart/Launceston over Melbourne, Sydney, Perth ect?

The prospect of becoming an AFL star?

These kids today are to spoilt in todays day and age always wanting to go home and you go where you are selected to go and there are heaps of kids that would love the opportunity to be drafted into the AFL that are the on the rung below ability wise, they would be loyal to any team to get a chance to play at the highest level.

The prospect of becoming an AFL star?

These kids today are to spoilt in todays day and age always wanting to go home and you go where you are selected to go and there are heaps of kids that would love the opportunity to be drafted into the AFL that are the on the rung below ability wise, they would be loyal to any team to get a chance to play at the highest level.

Out of interest who is a tasmanian lad playing AFL at moment?

because its freezing in winter.
there is f all to do in terms of entertainment. If you're in nature and hiking and camping its a different story.

I love tassie and I love hobart, but if you get offered similiar money to your job in Melbourne it'd be a pretty easy decision.

People leave Tasmania because it's basically like all country Australia aka no or s**t jobs. Which isn't an issue if you're working for an AFL club.

But I'm not holding my breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be good for Tassie and they will get a heap of support for their team that they truly have as their own.

Crowds and membership numbers for a team they can actually call their own will not be a problem at all IMO.

Choosing between Launceston and Hobart for the most home games ( Training Base and team HQ etc ) will be the biggest obstacle and those 2 cities hate each other from what i am told from a few mates that are from Tassie.

I think that’d be alright. 6 in Hobart, 5 in Launceston, then the reverse the next year. Rotate home finals.

The team base is something but not like they can’t have a proper presence in the other city - proper training venue for session before home games, social club, store etc.

I’m positive all Tassie people would get behind it.

Will be interesting if it’s a matter of relocating an established club or adding another team into the comp
If AFLs long term plan is 20 teams the Tasmanian team will be an addition.

If they want an 18 team comp GC is the likely chopping block. GC is not meeting expectations on and off the field. The recent poor form of GC and they are also looking at a few more years of hardship will be hard to overcome.
2026 is the target year so it would need to be decided by 2024 what the make up of the comp would be so it is not that far away.

Think the 91K members currently based in tasmania is amazing. Very parochial state and I feel there would be no trouble converting 50K of them the local team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back