Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton V Port Adelaide Saturday 30th March 5.10PM @ Adelaide Oval - TEAM - Post #727

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melbourne were rubbish in that game nothing to read into it. Port have a good seasoned midfield - Boak + Rockliff + Ebert

We need to be at our best in the midfield or we will get flogged by "goals"

Ok, this round is weird.

I guess first round always seen as a surprise round...teams with different preparations and noticeably some teams played underdone players.

But yeah, Geelong with 4 debutants beat Collingwood and Port with 4 debutants beat Melbourne at the G...very surprising.
Hawthorn smashing a full strength Adelaide without Mitchell, Wingard and Scully at Adelaide Oval...

wtf.

It’s gonna be around 15-19 degrees at the time of the game I believe. Hopefully we see a few long sleeves. That’s the key to victory. I will be at the game so I’m hoping that they wear their traditional colours(greatest jumpers in all sports). I almost threw up at the site of the ‘wolf grey’ horrendous guernseys last year. There’ll be a clash if port wear their traditional, but not that much of a clash...If they opt for the predominant white guernseys I will understand but also be disappointed.
If I get a petition up and running to bring back the collars I’d hope you all would sign it. And I also hope the lovely lady at the Carlton shop would get back to me about getting the Classic wool long sleeve guernsey in a medium for me. I was hoping to be able to wear that at the game, but they only have XL in stock, and I remembered that I’m an adult and you can’t trust grown men that wear guernseys to games. Fact.
No changes made, kruezer isn’t ready, y’all have been quick to throw out fasolo, he’s fairly under done atm and will be better for last night. Have trust. I might even slide into his DM’s and tell him to wear a long sleeve, and make sure it’s a tight fit around the forearms. Tasty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i think our skills and decision making might come into play just quietly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No brainer ?? Did Kruezer actually play in the most recent Northern Blues game? if not its actually madness bringing him back to seniors off no real match practice/fitness after a longish layoff due to injury .

One may consider it hypocrisy that I see different rules for different players (how Fasolo wasn't convincing, while believing Kreuzer will be).

Kreuzer though has proven over the years that level of fitness (bar the significant game-ending injury) rarely impacts on his ability to cover the ground. Players have waltzed into the line-up without match stimulation before.

Phillips can do similar things but is slightly less consistent in the area. I don't think many would have the problem if Kreuzer was to immediately replace him.

Don’t agree. He stopped our forward momentum on every occasion he was involved and couldn’t move it on quick enough. For mind didn’t do enough defensively and didn’t / doesn’t hit the score board nearly often enough.

I won't pretend that Ed didn't make errors, but can you honestly pinpoint him as the sole reason for our lack of momentum.

We are not known to be a quick moving team and our transition to becoming one will take some time. Many teammates attempted to move the ball quicker, but were turning it over more often than not.

Ed's luxury of a forward role would be more beneficial in a team with the experience to create space rather than one that is trying to with a young brigade.

O’Brien also covers the ground well and has a weapon of a left leg.
Stocker is dual sided.
As we improve as a team the squeeze is inevitable ...

Squeeze is inevitable, but one is not to know who specifically will be squeezed out as the squad is forever malleable.

Stocker obviously a work in progress. As with O'Brien, I assume the lack of favour is due to him needing to work on other vital facets of his game.

No player will get a look in on potential alone.

I'm worried about this game.

Port look hungry for success and want to silence the critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back