Preview Round 3, 2019: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 7 April 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is how I hope we line up on Sunday.

B: Hardwick, Frawley, Scrimshaw
HB: Sicily, Mirra, Stratton
C: Smith, Cousins, Scully
HF: Impey, Gunston, Wingard
F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo
R: McEvoy, Worpel, O’Meara
INT: Henderson, Ceglar, Moore, Morrison

In: Wingard, Mirra, Moore
Out: Burgoyne, Shiels, Nash

I would expect to see any combination of Scully, Henderson, Impey, Morrison, Smith and Wingard roll through the middle to spell Worpel, O’Meara and Cousins. This is why I think brining Mirra back into the team is the right move as it allows Impey who I feel will be the guy that has his midfield minutes now upped over the coming 3-4 weeks until Shiel and Burgoyne recover. I also echo what everyone else has said that Burgoyne's days as a utility should come to an end and he should just be played solely as a HF or HB.

Just my 2 cents. Lets go :hawthorn:

ROUND 3 TEAM
Hawthorn v North Melbourne
MCG
Sunday 7th April, 3.20pm AEST

B: Blake Hardwick, James Frawley, Jarman Impey
HB: Harry Morrison, James Sicily, Ben Stratton
C: Isaac Smith, James Cousins, Ricky Henderson
HF: Jarryd Roughead, Conor Nash, Chad Wingard
F: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Paul Puopolo
R: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Jack Scrimshaw, David Mirra, Tom Scully, Jonathon Ceglar

In: Wingard, Mirra
Out: Shaun Burgoyne (hamstring), Liam Shiels (hamstring)

I think Impey might spend some time in the midfield.

Scully will be better then last week.

Looking forward to seeing Wingard in action.

Another game for Cousins, Scrimshaw and Nash.

The only thing that will erase last weeks shocker is a big win against North Melbourne.

Two changes I was expecting!

One thing I notice thou if you look at the bench it is two guys that can only play in defence mirra,scrimshaw and a ruckmen i am surprised there wasn't more changes especially a few more mids.

I'm with the previous post I expect to see impey played in the middle perhaps breust, I wouldn't mind seeing moore brought in and breust asked to play more midfield if he is reluctant to bring in the younger mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty Conservative changes, typical of Clarko. Nash would want to have a decent game this Sunday though.
Also somewhat dissapointed Brand didn't get a look in but I guess his position is where we are currently strong (backline).

Pretty Conservative changes, typical of Clarko. Nash would want to have a decent game this Sunday though.
Also somewhat dissapointed Brand didn't get a look in but I guess his position is where we are currently strong (backline).
I love this short bio of Crawshay

"
In a decade littered with some terrible rucking prospects, Crawshay stands tall as the very worst of the bunch.

Tall and solidly built, Crawshay had the tools to be a force in AFL football. However, he displayed absolutely no inclination towards the physical side of the game, and his ruckwork was average at best and pitiful at worst.

He somehow eked out 19 games in three seasons, the best of which was in a great win down at Geelong in 1995. Deservedly delisted at the end of 1996, Crawshay played some good football in the SANFL thereafter. "

Thought id put that in for some of the youngsters that have not heard of him

I love this short bio of Crawshay

"
In a decade littered with some terrible rucking prospects, Crawshay stands tall as the very worst of the bunch.

Tall and solidly built, Crawshay had the tools to be a force in AFL football. However, he displayed absolutely no inclination towards the physical side of the game, and his ruckwork was average at best and pitiful at worst.

He somehow eked out 19 games in three seasons, the best of which was in a great win down at Geelong in 1995. Deservedly delisted at the end of 1996, Crawshay played some good football in the SANFL thereafter. "

Thought id put that in for some of the youngsters that have not heard of him
The" Crawsh" was going to be my secret weapon in The Age supercoach team of 1994 (based on one solid pre season match).

Oh boy, not my best work (should have just picked Stynes like everyone else).

Still have a soft spot for the big unit though, not sure why. Maybe it is the permed blonde mullet?

I feel the next month really is the time for Impey to step up. He has had a year in our system now, 23 years of age, 101 games to his name. I was, am, super excited when we recruited him, clarko talked him up as one that could get to an A-grader. This is now the time for him, no Silk, no Pup. We need him to roll through the middle, and impact games for longer. I hope he has been given a bit of a fire up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back