Preview Round 3, 2019: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 7 April 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to move to next week where we come up against another bunch of niggly pricks who seem to get under our skin.

We were 15 minutes away from going 2-0 but I guess prior to Round 1 we'd have taken 2-1 after 3 rounds knowing we started with an interstate trip.

Time to steady the ship and take advantage of a team that's dropped their first couple from games they were expected to be pretty competitive in and possibly win.

Time to move to next week where we come up against another bunch of niggly pricks who seem to get under our skin.

We were 15 minutes away from going 2-0 but I guess prior to Round 1 we'd have taken 2-1 after 3 rounds knowing we started with an interstate trip.

Time to steady the ship and take advantage of a team that's dropped their first couple from games they were expected to be pretty competitive in and possibly win.
If the umpires pay the pushing freekicks, we might fare better against them.

Or they could ignore the instigators and punish the retaliations and we'd be ****ed.

How did Moore, Lewis, Ollie ect perform in the VFL practice match?

Out: Burgoyne Shiels Nash Morrison
In: Miles Howe Wingard Moore

Morrison needs to find a bit of form in the VFL, we can swing Gunston back to cover Morrison and Moore and Wingard and can provide run and extra potency in the front half.

Morrison needs to find a bit of form in the VFL, we can swing Gunston back to cover Morrison and Moore and Wingard and can provide run and extra potency in the front half.
Whos kicking the goals then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Burgoyne, Shiels, Nash
IN: Wingard, Brand, Howe

Brand needs to come in for structure, we look so much more assured with him down back alongside Frawley. Give Frawley Campbell & give Brand Brown.

Nash needs a spell in the twos, 1 tackle for a bloke that is supposed to be our forward pressure players is not good enough.

Wingard & Howe to replace Shiels & Silk if both aren't right this week.

yeah agree on the outs.
Nash needs to spend considerable time at VFL level. Morrison needs to find some form.

Mirra was stiff to get dropped so he might get another go ahead of Miles. From the interweb: "Backman David Mirra responded to his omission from the senior side with an excellent performance for Box Hill"

Fingers crossed The Chad can spark us to a good win on Sunday.

In: Wingard, Howe and Mirra

Out: Burgers, Shiels and Nash.

I think Sicily really needs to play third man up to be most effective, his skills are lost if he's just defending one on one.

Whos kicking the goals then?
Wingard and Breust
yeah agree on the outs.
Nash needs to spend considerable time at VFL level. Morrison needs to find some form.

Mirra was stiff to get dropped so he might get another go ahead of Miles. From the interweb: "Backman David Mirra responded to his omission from the senior side with an excellent performance for Box Hill"

Fingers crossed The Chad can spark us to a good win on Sunday.
Yea I agree I totally forgot Mirra was dropped this week, head of Miles for mine.

For gods sake we need to add some marking into this forward line, if that means Ruff takes a seat for Lewis then it needs to happen, but at the very least Nash goes out.

Scully must go inside now, we have both Hendo/Morrison (when he decides he wants to play) and Smith who can run, time to send Scully to the contest where he was brilliant in 2016/2017.

Out: Nash - Shiels - Burgoyne
In: Lewis - Wingard - Howe

And Poppy is very lucky to be playing, Caleb Daniel was treating him like a pleb on Sunday.

I highlighted Gunstall to back line

I wasn't questioning you, I was backing you up.

Comment - Gunston back to cover Morrision.
You - who kicks goals then?
Me - and why would we even need to cover Morrison (with our best forward and close to best player).

For gods sake we need to add some marking into this forward line, if that means Ruff takes a seat for Lewis then it needs to happen, but at the very least Nash goes out.

Scully must go inside now, we have both Hendo/Morrison (when he decides he wants to play) and Smith who can run, time to send Scully to the contest where he was brilliant in 2016/2017.

Out: Nash - Shiels - Burgoyne
In: Lewis - Wingard - Howe

And Poppy is very lucky to be playing, Caleb Daniel was treating him like a pleb on Sunday.

You’ve nailed it. I can’t cop 1 tackle from Nash. Needs a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back