Preview Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time we saw Brocky in the Hawks colours was his 3 goal effort in round 23 at the MCG against the then reigning premiers Richmond in 2021.

He has some serious X factor and watching him in the past 2 Box Hill games, he's continued honing not only his forward craft but also his defensive pressure too. Zane Littlejohn has raved about his defensive aspects and I can't wait to see him on Saturday.
Lord knows we need any level of pressure.

Mitchell interview on SEN

Key Forwards - Mitch Lewis, Emerson Jeka are both injured with Jai Serong recent health battle. Kosi is out of form that's all we have in that area, with a very young Max Ramsden.

-DGB is very close, dont read to much into the emergency list, no vfl games this week.

I feel like come round 10 it'll be Lewis FF Jeka CHF and everything will be fine in the world. I think Jeka is ready to show his VFL form in the AFL now. Body a bit stronger, has had a taste of the level and a few games were he played well down back.

Would love this to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Important game for the Captain I feel.

Lose like bunnies and you may have lost the playing group.

We will be in a dark hole.

He needs to play with spirit and aggression.

We all thought the practice match scrap with Butler was a taste of aggression and Unsociable Hawk coming back.

It been not the case.

If I don't see fight and aggression this weekend the T word is going to be in my mind.

The scene is set Captain Sicily ...step up !!

Important game for the Captain I feel.

Lose like bunnies and you may have lost the playing group.

We will be in a dark hole.

He needs to play with spirit and aggression.

We all thought the practice match scrap with Butler was a taste of aggression and Unsociable Hawk coming back.

It been not the case.

If I don't see fight and aggression this weekend the T word is going to be in my mind.

The scene is set Captain Sicily ...step up !!
Are you a media reporter because that sorta s**t is sensationalism. We are not tanking you only need to talk to the players to know this not to mention the coach who is one competitive beast

God these tanking calls make me laugh. No team in the competition would have thought about tanking after 5 rounds, EVER. Sure Melbourne probably did when it was near the end of the season and finishing bottom was the better option than 2nd last but with this long to go in the season you're wanting as many wins as possible.

Last edited:
This thread could be a dumpster fire tomorrow. A few getting their hopes up.
Would take a monumental 180 from the last 2 weeks to get close to a win here.
And North, on form, would also need to do a 180 the other way.

Expectations need to be tempered. We've essentially got no tall fwd and are running with 5 small fwds and Reeves.

Expectations need to be tempered. We've essentially got no tall fwd and are running with 5 small fwds and Reeves.
Taking all that on board Hawks by 11 points. 👍

Going to this game with 8 North supporters... If it is anything like the last 2 weeks i am going to be getting drunk on over priced mid strength beers just to get through this one.

Surely we are due for a competitive performance... Right?

The last time we saw Brocky in the Hawks colours was his 3 goal effort in round 23 at the MCG against the then reigning premiers Richmond in 2021.

He has some serious X factor and watching him in the past 2 Box Hill games, he's continued honing not only his forward craft but also his defensive pressure too. Zane Littlejohn has raved about his defensive aspects and I can't wait to see him on Saturday.
This. Plus it'll be great to have a 33 running around again - first time since Cyril... FIVE years ago already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to this game with 8 North supporters... If it is anything like the last 2 weeks i am going to be getting drunk on over priced mid strength beers just to get through this one.

Surely we are due for a competitive performance... Right?
I don't think I even know 8 North supporters.

Spot on.

Are you a media reporter because that sorta s**t is sensationalism. We are not tanking you only need to talk to the players to know this not to mention the coach who is one competitive beast
Talk is cheap.

I want to see fight and aggression and want for the ball.

Last weeks defending was embarrassing.

I had a Swans mate at the game last week and said.........They were playing like a practice game.

Bruise free football.

Well lets see if we are serious this week.

Clarko knows what buttons to push.....he will wind his players up.

Lets see if we are up for the fight.

Talk is cheap.

I want to see fight and aggression and want for the ball.

Last weeks defending was embarrassing.

I had a Swans mate at the game last week and said.........They were playing like a practice game.

Bruise free football.

Well lets see if we are serious this week.

Clarko knows what buttons to push.....he will wind his players up.

Lets see if we are up for the fight.
I can assure you it wasn't bruise free both Day and Worpel have shiners and plenty from the group were sore during the week.

Yeah talk is cheap but it doesn't mean they are tanking if they can't back up their talk

Bruest was lazy.

Sicily was lazy with some of his efforts and his 2 games into Captaincy ????

Stop making excuses.
lol mate no one is making excuses about our performance. Did you even see what i wrote. I said no matter how bad the performance we are not TANKING

Deserved to be dropped. Kozi needs to give it a real crack or go on the scrap heap as an AFL footballer. Looking like Tarzan and playing like Jane won't cut it at this level.
Crap post - Kozi always runs hard at the ball and never takes a backward step! He has his deficiencies but “playing like Jane” certainly isn’t one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back