Preview Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we win this
I wish I could be confident of that.

Going to enjoy watching Brocky back out there again. Hope he can kick a couple and ignite us a bit.

Looking forward to Frenchy, Wardy and Day taking another step forward as well.

I wonder if Newk may spend a bit more time up forward, particularly going in with more mids and a smaller lineup.

Jai is capable of taking a grab and offering a target in the mould of Voss/Ricciuto.
Yep I'm surprised we haven't seen this as well.

He's going for run and gun. Clearly doesn't rate Larkey, as Frost will have the match up all day. God help us.
It was the backline setup leading up to the bombers game last year from memory. First half of the year was mainly Frost and Sicily. We should at the very least be more dynamic when the ball hits the ground. Guys like Corr and Logue must be licking their lips thinking there going to mark everything down there without any real aerial presence stopping them bar Meek and Reeves.

Good to see Brockman, Scrim and Moz in for sure. But the outs are a bit strange. Hard to be excited about it taking out 2 bigs and not replacing them. Anyway. Hope we don’t get embarrassed and Will Day has 30.

possibly but also hasn't been given the chance run of games. I though he looked good at CHB at the end of last season.
For what's it worth I think Kosi would be better suited back.
It does my head in. Absolute no brainer he’s a full back, concrete hands, competitive, great size and speed off mark. Not to mention he was an under Age all Australian in that position. We were so quick to change him to a Full Forward, not sure why they don’t go back to FB for him. It would be his last chance, he’s so bad as a fwd. If he stays Fwd he won’t be on a list next year

Good to see Brockman, Scrim and Moz in for sure. But the outs are a bit strange. Hard to be excited about it taking out 2 bigs and not replacing them. Anyway. Hope we don’t get embarrassed and Will Day has 30.
Meek and Green are the least imposing forward pairing in living memory! How out of condition was Jason Dunstall last time anyone saw him?
Forward line looks light on for goal kicking power.
Meek and Green. At least we cannot be accused of false advertising…

Going to enjoy watching Brocky back out there again. Hope he can kick a couple and ignite us a bit.

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does my head in. Absolute no brainer he’s a full back, concrete hands, competitive, great size and speed off mark. Not to mention he was an under Age all Australian in that position. We were so quick to change him to a Full Forward, not sure why they don’t go back to FB for him. It would be his last chance, he’s so bad as a fwd. If he stays Fwd he won’t be on a list next year
Kosi doesn’t have much of a lateral game though does he. He can probably follow a leading forward, but he’s going to be stepped a hell of a lot.

Brockman to play the Williams role of 05, 06?
Think he is more like that kind of player than the traditional small forward
Imagine. Would love to see it.

One of the more interesting line-ups we've seen in recent memory
Screams to me manic preasure and overlap running all around the ground; weather we are actually capable of doing that is another question

Happy to see Morrison back, thought he became a very important cog for us last year, Brockman has always had excitement around him so looking forward to seeing some of that and I'm thinking Scrim plays forward for some period of time (if my memory is correct, he filled in a bit for us there last season right?)

Hopefully some more little positive signs we can take out of Sunday, win or lose

I like Frost as main KD with good kicks around him, plus Bramble was doing nothing defensively even though he had quite a lot of touches. Scrimshaw adds a lot as an interceptor plus kick and hopefully will provide more confidence to CJ. Finally it looks like we play a resting ruck up forward with Brockman as leading target. Hopefully Greene has kicking boots on. We go in outsiders but I think we will win

I like Frost as main KD with good kicks around him, plus Bramble was doing nothing defensively even though he had quite a lot of touches. Scrimshaw adds a lot as an interceptor plus kick and hopefully will provide more confidence to CJ. Finally it looks like we play a resting ruck up forward with Brockman as leading target. Hopefully Greene has kicking boots on. We go in outsiders but I think we will win
Good point. CJ and Scrim bounce off of each other. We might see a different CJ this weekend with his Bud back next to him.

Disappointed Kozi not given the FB responsibilities. I think he can really do a job for us at FB. Frost has had a nightmare start to the season and has been really poor defensively, I don’t think Kozi could possibly be any worse at FB. Hopefully we give Kozi a run at FB at some point, I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

DGB unlucky I feel. He knows how to play as a defender, we should just give the lad the opportunities. With no game in the VFL this week maybe he gets a run next week, nice and fresh.

Wrapped for the Brockmeister, looking forward to the game just to watch him play. I hope the coaches keep him in the side even if he has a few quiet weeks and we can release Moore through the midfield.

Scrimma and Harry will provide some much needed composure. Hopefully Butler is the sub - he like Brockman are the future, they’re quick and classy and apply good pressure off the ball.

We’re a sneaky chance. Don’t think we’ll kick a score to get the chocolates but you never know. Hopefully we put up a better defensive effort and defend first system with a lot more pressure.

I like the ins but i'm a bit surprised Butler is the sub at best again. I don't think he's been given much of a chance to show what he can do.

If we are to win this Reeves needs to clunk a few forward like he did in Hobart last year.

Feels like this game is going to be a different pace to our first couple; forward line set up to be significantly more mobile, it's going to be run and gun, play on at all costs and I'm for it.

Big week for Finn on LDU, Newc/Worps with Cunnington.
Our offense is going to rely super heavily on Amon, HMo and the CMacs.
I can see Mackenzie getting off the chain here- precision inside 50 kicking is his MO and we've got some very nice leading forwards in for this one!

North are going to be fired up for it- I think this will be one of the games of the round.

Reminded me of a comment I heard from Malthouse commentating last week, something like "Most good key defenders are failed forwards".

The last time we saw Brocky in the Hawks colours was his 3 goal effort in round 23 at the MCG against the then reigning premiers Richmond in 2021.

He has some serious X factor and watching him in the past 2 Box Hill games, he's continued honing not only his forward craft but also his defensive pressure too. Zane Littlejohn has raved about his defensive aspects and I can't wait to see him on Saturday.

Disappointed Kozi not given the FB responsibilities. I think he can really do a job for us at FB. Frost has had a nightmare start to the season and has been really poor defensively, I don’t think Kozi could possibly be any worse at FB. Hopefully we give Kozi a run at FB at some point, I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

DGB unlucky I feel. He knows how to play as a defender, we should just give the lad the opportunities. With no game in the VFL this week maybe he gets a run next week, nice and fresh.

Wrapped for the Brockmeister, looking forward to the game just to watch him play. I hope the coaches keep him in the side even if he has a few quiet weeks and we can release Moore through the midfield.

Scrimma and Harry will provide some much needed composure. Hopefully Butler is the sub - he like Brockman are the future, they’re quick and classy and apply good pressure off the ball.

We’re a sneaky chance. Don’t think we’ll kick a score to get the chocolates but you never know. Hopefully we put up a better defensive effort and defend first system with a lot more pressure.

You need to be able to take a mark to be a competent fullback ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back