Preview Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really want to see Butler get a good run at it. Might take 4 or 5 strong weeks in the VFL but by the end of this season I hope he's one of those players we just have to get games into.
I agree and think he will. The club def rates him. I dont think he is quite ready yet but hopefully is a permanent fixture in the side by the end of the season.

With our lack of forward options and Scrimers back:

I‘d love to see Jiath get a free run as a forward. He can take a grab, lead up the ground, has the speed of a greyhound and can run all day. He’d be a great target moving out of defence and kick it way out in front towards the our goal and he’d beat his defender.

I remember Tarryn Thomas, Jy Simpkin & Cunnington all cutting us up in the past, so with only Cunnington in the team I think we're a good show.

Brockman in gives us a more dangerous look in front of goals and surely if we bring the same intent we did last week, on a larger ground we'll be able to find space and get our mojo going. Even if we don't win, stringing some good pieces of play together will be a step forward and restore some faith.

I am not sure why a lot of us have already hit the panic button. The club has been very clear on the path we need to be on to help us start competing for silverware. We were not going to get there by playing the likes of T.Mitch and Jaegar ahead of the McKenzies, Wards and Days. This is a young group starting to play together and they will get better. The list management guys will have to keep supplementing this group with the right talent at the right time and there will come a point when we have all the parts ready and firing as a unit.

A message to the guys in the media going on about tanking.

As a full time profession one would assume part of your role is to investigate, study and analyze before publishing. I, as a fan can clearly accuse you guys of tanking because from point of view you are hardly putting in any effort to publish the garbage you do.

G'luck to the boys against North. Win, lose or draw we(the fans) will have a thread ready for Round 4!

Really glad in recent days to see Dermie and Lewis come out in support of the club and the path we've taken. I've got nothing wrong with some criticism with the clubs performance but some of the criticism recently (ie cutting the list too deep, tanking on purpose, alleged in fighting etc) has just been f**king ridiculous. I would love nothing more than for us to get a big win for Sam to stick it right up everyones a$$… Clarko's included but most importantly that pr1ck in the media they call Purple!

The most disappointing thing for mine to start the season is the lack of output from all the key position players selected. There’s not one standout key position player right now.

Reeves and Meek still haven’t taken a mark in the forward half of the ground, Reeves hasn’t had a scoring shot this year.

If Sam Mitchell wants to play two rucks, then they need to become more involved around the ground, otherwise the current ruck setup needs to change. At some point Lynch or Ramsden need to be considered for that second ruck spot.

Our back end is strong enough. It is the lack of whole ground pressure (effort and system) that is making it mission impossible for them.

We might be winning our share of the ball but the connection to capitalise isn’t there & the skill level (and plan) isnt up to scratch to hold on to the ball under even moderate pressure.

I don’t think it would take much of an uplift in effort to win this week given the opposition. I feel like we need it to not slip into a black hole but I’m not confident.

His calf was never going to be a 1 week prospect.

Blind Freddy could’ve told us that but the club keeps up the charade.
Anything less than 5 weeks and I’ll be pleasantly surprised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His calf was never going to be a 1 week prospect.

Blind Freddy could’ve told us that but the club keeps up the charade.
So he trained fully, but was never going to get up?

Interesting.

This thread could be a dumpster fire tomorrow. A few getting their hopes up.
Would take a monumental 180 from the last 2 weeks to get close to a win here.
And North, on form, would also need to do a 180 the other way.

Expectations need to be tempered. We've essentially got no tall fwd and are running with 5 small fwds and Reeves.
Good point but the back 6 look better and mids are doing okay so if we can turn it on a bit up forward you never know

A message to the guys in the media going on about tanking.

As a full time profession one would assume part of your role is to investigate, study and analyze before publishing. I, as a fan can clearly accuse you guys of tanking because from point of view you are hardly putting in any effort to publish the garbage you do.

You're fighting a losing battle, sports journalism today is all about getting clicks any which way.

Avoiding it will serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back