Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

This was the response that was required in round 2.

I enjoyed winning and I'm hoarse from yelling for the first time this year.

We won basically every stat. We could have really put them away.

Missing very gettable goals and winning will not be sustainable.

Got to admit I like Zurhaar in this team. He doesn't smash it stats wise but he is a real presence on the field and it has a bit of an intangible impact for mine. He could really be something down the track IMO.
He kicked a goal crumbing from the hands of a Ben Brown pack in the forward line. It’s been so long. Z stays.

Byrne was a gun. Real shame we didn’t see enough of him thanks to injuries.

29 disposals and 2 goals in the 77 premiership side. Probably would have won the Norm Smith medal, if they handed them out back then. Gun player wrecked by injuries. Played only 98 games out of a possible 180+ games. Broken leg ended his career at 26 years of age.

He kicked a goal crumbing from the hands of a Ben Brown pack in the forward line. It’s been so long. Z stays.

Yeah had good intensity.

Noticed that we had more players looking to be front and square.

All good if you want to think our home crowds aren't a worry, but if you legitimately think that, as a great man would say- you're an absolute turkey.

17k an awesome turnout :thumbsu:
I posted yesterday the crowd would be sh1t. We can always rely on our 10k-12k rusted on fans. The rest are just fairweather will show up if we are playing well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Winning makes everything feel better, but...

Pressure was outstanding. Most of North’s game otherwise was ordinary, capped off by the terrible kicking for goal, and we were lucky Adelaide was pretty abysmal.

Ins were all good contributors with Jed outstanding. Atley was very good. Scott Thompson was very good, Pittard good. Turner had great impact. LDU is improving all the time and Thomas also did some nice things. Encouraging and I hope that confidence builder gets them moving.

Carlton and SOS thanks you from the bottom of our hearts Shinboners.

Never have the lyrics 'North Melbourne is the team is the team that plays to win for you and me' being more meaningful :)

Can't help but think this is a monemuntal example of The Footy Gods punishing Adelaide for their hubris in that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the crowd talk.

My direct family wasn't able to come.

So I took my sister and two of my nephews. The boys have not been exposed to nearly enough footy. We're basically completely disinterested through the first half.

Some point late in the third they started getting into it and by the end of the game they were making noise of their own.

This is what winning does. It creates interest.

When you serve up the absolute vanilla losing bullshit that we have for the however long it's been now, it's gonna take a toll.

If the club want people to go to the footy they have to work the way out of the hole we're in.

We have around 15-16k absolute rusted on supporters and this run of 60 games for 20 wins is taking a toll.

Forward pressure was sensational last night, this in itself aids the defence to better set up!

You can see the difference when our stalwarts stand up, Tarrant, Scooter and Goldstein.. Tarrant was best on imo, very solid game and his ball use was on point.

The dislike from the game is chipping it round the D 50, I get what they’re trying to do and its gain sideways movement in the opposition zone, however the kicks need to be 30m+ not 15m with 5 sideway chains.. if thats the plan it needs to be executed fast, otherwise it just invites pressure and unfortunately, none of our defenders are great ball users under significant pressure.

No changes to the team this week! Unless BJ makes a miraculous recovery from the mysteries of some unknown illness that affects 1 in 7billion people..

Hopefully this is some confidence building stuff, you cant buy confidence or spread it on your toast, you can probably inject it but we arent essendon cheating dogs! So saying, Bring em on and I hope we crunch Tippungwuti and Fantasia into oblivion!

Go Kangas!

On the crowd talk.

So I took my sister and two of my nephews. The boys have not been exposed to nearly enough footy. We're basically completely disinterested through the first half.

Some point late in the third they started getting into it and by the end of the game they were making noise of their own.

When you serve up the absolute vanilla losing bullshit that we have for the however long it's been now, it's gonna take a toll.

If the club want people to go to the footy they have to work the way out of the hole we're in.

We have around 15-16k absolute rusted on supporters and this run of 60 games for 20 wins is taking a toll.

I always go! However, I didnt want to go! Can understand why people wouldnt want to watch that slop! But it was all worth it in the end

I wonder if his eyesight is up to scratch?

His timing is out of whack, even when going for a defensive punch he missed the ball by 30cm.
I saw him laughing and being jovial in the pre match warm up, would have like JZ approach him and a word.. sorry Son, this is not a joke and we arent in a place of happiness

On the crowd talk.

The blame for this lies squarely with the club. I reckon it has cost us 5000 members this year.

The blame for this lies squarely with the club. I reckon it has cost us 5000 members this year.
We recruited like we were going somewhere.

Then rocked up to the season unprepared.

It is squarely on the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back