• Jack Ross

Votes: 227 79.4%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay. All the talk about the Lynch double goal and nobody mentions Pepper Bowels pushing Grimes over in front of the ump. Port were shooting for goal and they kicked it. All commentators said "That had to be reversed".

No mention of that just the double goal which was 100% the correct decision. Oh the outcry!

715E38DA-F96D-4BB3-9A03-57BAFA1B82DE.gif

Balta needs to stay in. His tap work at worst neutralises the oppo which is all we need for a 2nd ruck.
His 2nd and 3rd efforts are good. He will get better with every game
Absolutely. You can already see that he is improving. Yes he makes mistakes but so what. We have a descent 2nd ruck and he gives 100% effort. If Chol comes in for Balta I will spew

Big men stand up in big games. Tom Lynch has already done it by Round 4, and honestly, it gives me more pleasure knowing that we've got him in our squad when/if we can get through this tough patch and still have a decent finals position.

Tom Lynch could be the way we win a flag from outside of the Top 4 tbh.

Also Jack Ross and Sydney Stack... Dimma already knew what he had, he flagged that Ross would have a big one, and he did. One thing you can say about Dimma, is that he knows what he's got underneath, because he made the same call at the end of 2016, that we had some guys ready to break out, and he's been right again so far about guys like Stack and Ross.

Dimma isn't the absolute master coach of any particular area, but he does most things above average or better, and he's one of the better coaches in the game at getting the best out of young players, and responding to poor form in week's previous.

George will get dropped

11 possessions...only 2 kicks instead choosing to handball 9 times
Spent almost the whole game on the ground

George’s 6 tackles alone doesn’t cut it ...tackling is mandatory especially for a small forwards...forwards need to slot goals or assist...

His pressure is good, but all other parts of his game are poor. George has been way off in each of his games...

He needs to get his head right and join Butts in the VFL ...both of them need to work hard and press for selection

No more GOT for me, I flicked over 6 times to give it a chance and it’s just not my thing at all.

What is my thing is (to use his own wankish vocabulary to over describe) “the anticipation, excitement and the overwhelming shadow cast by the expectation of the impending response of Gerard Whately in regards to what can only be described as a day of ultimate judgement for the AFL.
The timing can only be imagined as orchestrated by the Gods, creating the opportunity for the AFL to make a stand, to stamp out once and for all the unsavory actions of players not directly involved in the play.
The time is now to empower the most important facet of our game.. the tag. Players need to understand Robbo that the oft naively assumed notion that the fans want to see the players play is a fallacy. Patrick Dangerfield needs to be held accountable for what could have caused untold damage to his opponent. The potential to cause injury cannot be argued.
I await with bated breath..Michael Christian, Gil McLaughlin and the AYEFFELLLL it’s over to you...
Robbo ..good evening”

That’s what he’ll say........ won’t he?
I think gerard will still be in Sydney trying to impregnate WINX

Watching the replay. All the talk about the Lynch double goal and nobody mentions Pepper Bowels pushing Grimes over in front of the ump. Port were shooting for goal and they kicked it. All commentators said "That had to be reversed".

No mention of that just the double goal which was 100% the correct decision. Oh the outcry!
Of course we get cornholed with that , tell me how many Goals did PA get from frees , seemed like more than a few

Big men stand up in big games. Tom Lynch has already done it by Round 4, and honestly, it gives me more pleasure knowing that we've got him in our squad when/if we can get through this tough patch and still have a decent finals position.

Tom Lynch could be the way we win a flag from outside of the Top 4 tbh.

Also Jack Ross and Sydney Stack... Dimma already knew what he had, he flagged that Ross would have a big one, and he did. One thing you can say about Dimma, is that he knows what he's got underneath, because he made the same call at the end of 2016, that we had some guys ready to break out, and he's been right again so far about guys like Stack and Ross.

Dimma isn't the absolute master coach of any particular area, but he does most things above average or better, and he's one of the better coaches in the game at getting the best out of young players, and responding to poor form in week's previous.
Dimma wins a lot of football matches ,players love and respect him

George will get dropped

11 possessions...only 2 kicks instead choosing to handball 9 times
Spent almost the whole game on the ground

George’s 6 tackles alone doesn’t cut it ...tackling is mandatory especially for a small forwards...forwards need to slot goals or assist...

His pressure is good, but all other parts of his game are poor. George has been way off in each of his games...

He needs to get his head right and join Butts in the VFL ...both of them need to work hard and press for selection
Agree , wasnt his worst game , was involved in a couple of good passages , but ****ed up a couple of times , a dud handball comes to mind when we were out , love the guy but he needs a spell at vfl

I think gerard will still be in Sydney trying to impregnate WINX
Isn’t be a little tiny bit anti winx because he is chocka block up Black Caviar?

what was wrong with it in the first place?
I could keep going but it would be wrong on so many levels. I have a sick sense of humor. Probably why I rate Jimmy Carr as the best Comedian he just goes places you shouldn't.

Out: Cantstandya, Graham
In: Rod/Fresh Blood, Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I commented in last week's match thread that the 10 minutes before the 3 quarter time were the first time this year we'd seen the ferocity that had marked Richmond's 2016-17 seasons. If they brought that back for full games even with injuries the season could turn.

And despite all the players missing, the intensity was back and that changed everything. Mistakes will happen under this playing style but it's much more enjoyable to watch than the passionless stuff of the first 3 rounds.

In hindsight, I reckon the team ferocity started in the last third of last season, hence PF. This was probably the most enjoyable win since mid last year.

I was at this game, Buddy was out and we started strong and nearly choked our lead. Goodes throwing himself around winning 5 frees got them back in it.

Hard to compare, but I reckon us going in so undermanned yesterday is a better win, only jsut though.
I remember that game well. I.was at the courhouse hotel in Port Douglas with the better half and it was choc a block with Richmond fans. All sang the song afterwards and the locals stopped to see what all the noise was about. Most passionate and loyal fans on the planet. Bar none

Only 9 disposals but had 6 tackles & 6 score involvements. Reckon it buys him one more week. Graham looked very proppy late in the game so may miss with an injury.

only a mad man would drop the chaos king and dimmer ain't a mad man

Have to be honest I've been one to be very critical of B.Ellis, but last night I thought he was brilliant and deserves to be praised and hopefully can really build on this performance.

Ross & Stack will be the future of this team, they play with so much confidence and toughness I can't believe they are only 18.

Loved what Bolton did with not many touches, got great hands (handball to George for Prestia goal was brilliant), moves well and really hope he stays in the team long term.

Hate to be a coach, no one deserves to be dropped after that performance.

On a serious note any other young players worth getting a look?
Based on the first 2 weeks of the VFL season Naish would be next in line, with Turner an outside chance if injuries were to keep mounting up. Outside that everyone who deserved a crack has been given one.

Back