Prediction Changes v GCs

What hilarious changes will we make this week?

• Out: RO'B, In: Jacobs

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Out: CE-Y

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Out: Jenkins

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Out: Kelly

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Out: Murphy

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • In: Stengle

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • In: Himmelberg

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • In: The FOG

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Out: Mackay

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • In: Gibbs

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • In: Wilson

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • In: Greenwood

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll be quite amusing to see what happens this week.

If he doesn't make significant changes, then he's made a liar of himself in the space of a week.
Pretty sure he's already started the back tracking, saying we're not going to make wholesale changes based on so many players not performing. I can only assume that's because so many of the under performers this week have been at our club for more than a year.

Yes his game on Sat did show he ready and we should expect to see him in the side this week,
But his game the Sat before showed he was not ready to play for AFL on Sat night.
Wait up, if he was ready to play well in the SANFL last weekend he was ready to play well in the AFL. Our coaches had to be shown rather than being capable of reading the situation.

Meanwhile we were smashed in contested ball. So who are the smarty’s now?

Wait up, if he was ready to play well in the SANFL last weekend he was ready to play well in the AFL. Our coaches had to be shown rather than being capable of reading the situation.

Meanwhile we were smashed in contested ball. So who are the smarty’s now?

No all they had to go on was his game on Friday 5th of April against the bays and he was not AFL ready, this week different he close to if at his best.
So they last week they went with to 2 best from the Crows SANFL by a huge margin, in CEY and Pohokle

No all they had to go on was his game on Friday 5th of April against the bays and he was not AFL ready, this week different he close to if at his best.
So they last week they went with to 2 best from the Crows SANFL by a huge margin, in CEY and Pohokle
How did Greenwood go last year when underdone?

Sometimes you’ve just got to make a call based on instinct and backing in a player who you know can perform at the highest level underdone.

What he produced in the SANFL he could have done in the AFL, they clearly got it wrong.

Id be shocked if they make more than 3 changes to the team.
Pyke is the ultimate conservative. He believes in consistency and change scares him tremendously because he cant control the circumstances.

All he will do is ..
Jacobs, Greenwood, Gallucci in.
O'brien, Poholke, Jones out.

Id make atleast 7 changes but that would be sending a message and that would be crazy wouldnt it after a shithouse display on saturday and a very very poor start to the season.

Right now, any selection changes we make are effectively rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. The problem is not the personnel on the field. The problem is the gameplan that they are supposed to be executing.

We're getting smashed in the clearances and contested ball, so the ball is going straight into the opposition's forward line. We have no method whatsoever for bringing the ball out of defence, and transitioning it to the forward line. Occasionally we get a fast break, but we've got nothing else when that doesn't happen. As a result, the ball is spending roughly 80% of the time in the opposition's forward half.

I don't see a lack of effort by our players. What I see is a lack of method - and the root of that problem lies within the coaches' box. Until we fix the "method problem", it won't matter who goes out and who comes in, the end result will be the same.
I agree with this but when we also have the chance to deliver it inside 50 that's also not working.

Pretty alarming when we can't defend a clearance, can't transition the ball and unable to deliver it inside 50 for any real benefit. Our game plan doesn't exactly have much anything going for it....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Greenwood go last year when underdone?

Sometimes you’ve just got to make a call based on instinct and backing in a player who you know can perform at the highest level underdone.

What he produced in the SANFL he could have done in the AFL, they clearly got it wrong.

The question is not about last year but based on the current form of the player on Thursday selection committee, he was up against CEY and Pohokle, who were BOG the previous game with Greenwood showing he was not fully ready,

I am surprised this issue is been brought up many on BF, include you have been condemning the Crows for not selecting players on merit and when they do and it does not work we condemn them for not picking a player based on last years performance.
So next time the Crows make a call that we do not agree on can we say "Sometimes you’ve just got to make a call based on instinct and backing in a player who you know can perform at the highest level underdone." and be OK with it or does it only count with fan favourites,

In saying that Greenwood, Gibbs and Gallucci showed enough to be included this week. With both there on the ball and the off-ball work along with there pressure.

The question is not about last year but based on the current form of the player on Thursday selection committee, he was up against CEY and Pohokle, who were BOG the previous game with Greenwood showing he was not fully ready,

I am surprised this issue is been brought up many on BF, include you have been condemning the Crows for not selecting players on merit and when they do and it does not work we condemn them for not picking a player based on last years performance.
So next time the Crows make a call that we do not agree on can we say "Sometimes you’ve just got to make a call based on instinct and backing in a player who you know can perform at the highest level underdone." and be OK with it or does it only count with fan favourites,

In saying that Greenwood, Gibbs and Gallucci showed enough to be included this week. With both there on the ball and the off-ball work along with there pressure.
A players experience in playing underdone has to be taken into account. Greenwood has never had a strong fitness base and yet in the stats I showed how did he start his career? How was he last year?

I don’t really give a stuff about SANFL form, just like I don’t give a s**t how well Mackay performs on the training track.

What I care about is talent and what is best for the team. CEY has had his chances and is never going to be more than an average player. Greenwood offers so much more.

Guys like Galluci have shown more at the AFL level than SANFL.

We followed yours and the coaches philosophy and how well did that go on the weekend? In the meantime Greenwood showed he was fit enough. There’s no denying it, try defending it all you want, they got it wrong.

Peter J
I to are very Dissatisfied in what they are trying to do with Fogarty,
He was Recruited to play a Major Role in the clubs Future. He should have been playing
In the A's from Day One . Whether in form or out of form. The club has carried other players
During their Career.I am quiet sure if he was in the side from day one, He would be that far Advanced
Than where he is now.This Crap about Recruiting Good Draft Choices and then stick them in the 2's
And wait for them to prove they can play.. Trust the Recruiter and Trust the Player
End of Rant
The club had no intention of playing him in a key role. They signed up Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Betts on long term lucrative contracts as they all held the club to ransom and the club buckled as usual. They took fog at the draft as he was south australian and fell our way. Their intention was to play him in the SANFL with the occasional game when injuries occur until Walker or Jenkins retires. Not really looking after a players best interests is it? No wonder players leave. This goes to Afc's mentality in regards to youth. They feel a young player needs 2 years in the sanfl before they are ready or deserve to get a game. They install no trust in young players and basically set them up to fail.

Last edited:
Id be shocked if they make more than 3 changes to the team.
Pyke is the ultimate conservative. He believes in consistency and change scares him tremendously because he cant control the circumstances.

All he will do is ..
Jacobs, Greenwood, Gallucci in.
O'brien, Poholke, Jones out.

Id make atleast 7 changes but that would be sending a message and that would be crazy wouldnt it after a shithouse display on saturday and a very very poor start to the season.

Stengle has to play. Surely. What is his forward pressure like in the SANFL for those that have been watching? He seems to be having plenty of scoring opportunities.

Stengle has to play. Surely. What is his forward pressure like in the SANFL for those that have been watching? He seems to be having plenty of scoring opportunities.
Forward pressure has been ok. Matty Wright and McHenry are the standouts on that front. Stengle has some real urgency though when after the loose ball.

Was obvious we should've traded Tom Lynch when his value was high.

He's a very good player in a very good team; but if the team isn't flying, he's crap.

Should've traded him last year and tried to get one of the quality SA kids, then played Fog in his place.
He runs like a giraffe. Never rated him.

We have a conga line of players that deserve to be dropped but far fewer who deserve to be promoted.
1) Stengle; It’s time to give him a go - Yes
2) Greenwood; Has now played 5 games, might not be as fit as we would like but - Yes, Yes, Yes.
3) Gallucci; He may not be 100% ready to go but he has class - Yes.
4) Otten; Has struggled since the start of the season - No
5) Fogarty; Initially struggled as a forward in the pre-season. Moved to defence and has played even worse - No
6) Hunter; No
7) Jacobs; ROB looked better against the Roos, no need to rush Sauce back in - No
8) Wilson; Deserves another chance but with the return of TMT - No
9) McAdam; Can’t believe those calling to bring him in, he’s injured you ****clowns - No
10) McHenry; Very unlucky, can’t risk a KID coming back from concussion. - No
11) Gibbs; May have been saved by others playing worse - Yes
12) Davis; I would like to see him tear a SANFL game apart before he is selected - Possibly
13) Himmelberg; Was injured in the pre-season, seems to be building - Yes
14) Sholl; I didn’t see him play on the weekend but his stats look good - Yes
15) Hamill; Not yet
16) Butt; Not yet
17) Strachan; Not yet

OUT
1) Kelly; It’s time
2) Hartigan; It’s time
3) Jenkins; It’s time
4) CEY; Unlucky but Greenwood is ready
5) Murphy; Not our worst player but time to try Stengle
6) Chayce; Don’t play injured KIDS
7) Mackay; I can’t believe his luck, Chayce goes down to provide yet another lifeline.
8) Poholke, Lynch, Knight, etc, etc; Can’t drop em all

Mackay Talia Sholl

Smith Keath Laird

Sloane Milera Atkins

Knight Walker Lynch

Betts Himmelberg Stengle

ROB
Brouch
Mrouch

Greenwood, Poholke, Gallucci, Gibbs

Forward pressure has been ok. Matty Wright and McHenry are the standouts on that front. Stengle has some real urgency though when after the loose ball.

Personally, I think this is one of the things that creates forward line pressure. Its not the worry about being tackled, its the worry that if that ball spills free, its going to be pounced upon and a goal will result.

We want our forwards hunting the football first and foremost. They're simply not doing that. Pressuring the defenders when they have the ball is no doubt important, but how about we focus on actually winning the ball in the first place.

As a minimum, we need Stengle in and we need Greenwood in. Gibbs comes back in too. Sure he hasn't been at his best and I don't have a problem with dropping him, but to make him the only scape goat was pathetic.

At present, I'm probably looking at:
Out: Jenkins, Jones(Concussion), CEY, Murphy, Poholke, Hartigan
In: Himmelberg, Gallucci, Greenwood, Stengle, Gibbs, Otten

I could make more oh so very easily, but lets cap it at 6, and its not as if I'm not bringing experienced players either. I haven't even dropped Mackay!

Having said that, I fully expect:
Out: Jones (Concussion), CEY
In: Gibbs, Greenwood

A players experience in playing underdone has to be taken into account. Greenwood has never had a strong fitness base and yet in the stats I showed how did he start his career? How was he last year?

I don’t really give a stuff about SANFL form, just like I don’t give a s**t how well Mackay performs on the training track.

What I care about is talent and what is best for the team. CEY has had his chances and is never going to be more than an average player. Greenwood offers so much more.

Guys like Galluci have shown more at the AFL level than SANFL.

We followed yours and the coaches philosophy and how well did that go on the weekend? In the meantime Greenwood showed he was fit enough. There’s no denying it, try defending it all you want, they got it wrong.

I actually don't mind them giving Greenwood time. The trouble is there's just no consistency. We rushed Mackay back into this side after no preseason and have entrenched him in the side.

Gallucci is a great example of a player who has struggled at SANFL level, but stepped up at senior level. Some players can beat up on lesser opposition no worries, but struggle when they're actually playing against players as good as or better than them. Some players, struggle to dominate the lower grades for whatever reason, but when they have better players around them, their game naturally improves.

Back