Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Beveridge is such a weird coach. Doesn't rate rucks- leaves a beanpole to get smashed every week. Doesn't rate key position players- can't kick a score or stop opposition kpps. Constantly rotates his oversupply of midfielders into positions they don't excel in. Dunkley- chf/backup ruckman, McLean and Wallis (I think he did us a favour by re-signing) as small forwards. They've never been a good goal kicking side even on that run in 2016 either, that's no coincidence.

I agree. Could have played Schache at Centre Half Back, even put him in the ruck as English is nowhere near strong enough now.

To be fair they've traded in a couple of high profile forwards Schache and Boyd,but sadly they're spuds
That's true, but I doubt Beveridge had a lot to do with it based on the way he sets his teams up. I think he'd ideally have 0 traditional kpps and 10 players with the physical capabilities of Jared Brennan out there.
I agree. Could have played Schache at Centre Half Back, even put him in the ruck as English is nowhere near strong enough now.
Even Bevo realised that Schache's completely useless in the ruck, otherwise he would've been in there for about 50% of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah .

He butchered a foot pass with 2 players spare inside 50, then made a mess of a relatively easy set shot.

Think it was him with the banana to nail it on the siren though, wasn't it?

Nah, Walsh I’m pretty sure.

The Suns. Clearly.

The Bulldogs don’t have a forward line.
They have Naughton (a recently converted defender), Gowers (he tries hard?), Sam Lloyd (why would you sign him?), a cooked Dickson and various midfielders who rarely kick goals. When that doesn't work Bevo can swing players like Bont, Libba (seriously) and Richards into the forward line to also not kick goals. Love the versatility though.

Oh and sometimes they use Wood forward (again I'm not sure why) when he isn't busy giving away 10+cm to key forwards.

Edit: it's also just occurred to me that Dahlhaus was playing like a 35 year old last season but is magically back to normal now that he's left.

Last edited:
Do I buy tickets to the Lions game against the Doggies at Marvel or will they play like it’s 2016?

Seriously this season is just the gift that keeps on giving, any team can win any game in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back