Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

They obviously weren’t booing pendles
Mate. There was clear frustration of how the umpire reemed us.

Was it classy? No.

But I’d expect the exact same from any team in the comp if they were in the same situation. Your an idiot if you think otherwise.
Oh I see - thats how you deal with it - anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot.
Geez you're up yourself mate.
I'd hope that the bar set is not that low.

I love how so many Collingwood supporters are saying "yeah umpiring was bad today, but you know... both ways!"

No, it wasn't both ways. Essendon in Bags got a cheap one and maybe another or two. Essendon were reamed by the umpires to the final siren. The game was dictated and decided by the umpire today. I've been going to the footy for 30 years and I have never seen a more one eyed game than I did today.

Something needs to be done and soon. We have neutrals who hate Essendon posting about what a farce it was. People look forward to this game for months, all year in fact... and then for the umpires to play such a part in it was disgusting.

So people who had watched them team get screwed in to a 4 point loss minutes earlier booed Pendles. Get over it. No Essendon fan has a problem with Pendles, they were just still so damn salty for the loss and display they saw from the umpires. Not sure who was worse today, the umpires or Shiel.
Nice melt. But it was both ways.

Booing Pendles was a personal attack on the Anzac sprit. We can assume then Essendon fans treat the occasion with distain. Make no mistake, the AFL will be replacing Essendon’s spot next year.

Lol

None of us give a s**t enough to boo
Pendles. He is a great player.

They were booing the umps you potato.

I boo'd the umpires and i also boo'd pendles.
Why did i boo the umpires? That was the worst umpiring display I've ever seen.
Why did i boo pendles? Felt he didn't deserve the medal.

Does me booing at an AFL match on Anzac day mean i don't respect the veterans and those that have served my country? * no, and if you are so short sighted to put a link between the two then you need to uppercut yourself.

campaigners.

Oh I see - thats how you deal with it - anyone that disagrees with you is an idiot.
Geez you're up yourself mate.
I'd hope that the bar set is not that low.

Lol yes

Collingwood has never booed an up before when they didn’t get the right call.

What an urchin you are

Yep and even still we were the better team.
Lol. If you were the better side, you would have put us away in the 2nd half. But you couldn't.

Even if you were awarded the free kicks you are complaining about, going by the use of the ball for most of the game, you probably would have butchered those possessions as well.

Anyway, you can hang your hat on 'being the better side' if you want. Im pretty happy enjoying the 4 points.

Does me booing at an AFL match on Anzac day mean i don't respect the veterans and those that have served my country? **** no, and if you are so short sighted to put a link between the two then you need to uppercut yourself.

campaigners.
Thank you for being part of the icing on top of an already delicious cake :thumbsu:

Yep, sanctomonies such as this should be flipped off asap:
Nah, it is just another flimsy excuse for self-righteous idiots who are jealous of the spectacle provided by Essendon and Collingwood to sink the boots in. 93k there today and it was a cracking game.

During the pre-game minute of silence etc (The actual ANZAC stuff) and recognition activities. The crowd was upstanding, attentive and respectful. The only sound during the minute of silence was a baby crying. You could have heard a pin drop.

When that was over, it became a football game...

Does me booing at an AFL match on Anzac day mean i don't respect the veterans and those that have served my country? **** no, and if you are so short sighted to put a link between the two then you need to uppercut yourself.

campaigners.
You need to learn some decorum.

Every right to boo. Umpiring was shithouse as per usual. Essendon got reamed. So sick of the sycophants in the afl media telling fans how to act, when to s**t, what to eat. How to breath. Run the ******* game and stop making issues out of s**t that has been happening for 100 years. The more these dickheads make it an issue the worse it will get. The reason the world is so ****ed right now is because people try to influence others with their opinion.

Umpires were long gone- that's no excuse

waaaaaaa have a cry! I hate essendon more than any Bulldogs supporter, but A:,they lost a thriller by 3 points with disgraceful umpriring, B:,it was against their second biggest rivals, C:, it was an essendon home game i'm guessing.

Have a massive sook over it, can't even boo now? What a joke.

Bombers got shafted. We have been booing since the days of the colliseum in ancient rome. Go and protest veganism in the street and obsess over your instagram feed somewhere else sooks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They obviously weren’t booing pendles
Mate. There was clear frustration of how the umpire reemed us.

Was it classy? No.

But I’d expect the exact same from any team in the comp if they were in the same situation. Your an idiot if you think otherwise.
You had your 5 minutes to boo the umps, and boy was it taken. Any reason why the boos intensified as Pendles was thanking the crowd?

I understand that emotions spill over, but there was time to compose before the medal presentation. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Bombers fans can feel hard done by, there's enough there to hang onto if that's how you want to feel. Still, Pies led for 100% of the game, I think we'd have had more right to feel cheesed off had we fluffed it. Luckily we held on!

Anyway, it was poor behavior and it's been called out by most commentators and well summed up by Buckey. Gonna move on now and celebrate a hard fought win. No need to give Bombers fans any more thought - those who were involved anyway, I'm sure there were plenty who took the L with more class.

Classless and absolutely scummy. I have no issues with booing, but there is a time and a place.
That time isn't on Anzac day well after the siren has sounded and the medal winner is doing his speech.
Boo the umpires, but when the speech is being done on a day like this, stop.

Well done on Buckley for calling them out.

Absolutely classless
Of course Collingwood fans wouldnt have booed under the same conditions.....not

Lol. If you were the better side, you would have put us away in the 2nd half. But you couldn't.

Even if you were awarded the free kicks you are complaining about, going by the use of the ball for most of the game, you probably would have butchered those possessions as well.

Anyway, you can hang your hat on 'being the better side' if you want. Im pretty happy enjoying the 4 points.

Of course you are happy with the win, but you know you didn’t deserve it and pretending otherwise is disingenuous.

Nah, it is just another flimsy excuse for self-righteous idiots who are jealous of the spectacle provided by Essendon and Collingwood to sink the boots in. 93k there today and it was a cracking game.

During the pre-game minute of silence etc (The actual ANZAC stuff) and recognition activities. The crowd was upstanding, attentive and respectful. The only sound during the minute of silence was a baby crying. You could have heard a pin drop.

When that was over, it became a football game...
“I respect the day except for when my team lost then I can act like a spoilt child and disrespect the meaning of the medal.” - Essendon fans justifying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back