Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it was better than the marbles and ballbearings that were thrown at me wearing a Pies scarf to one of the Crows earliest games I suppose.
They have a habit of throwing things in SA - the banana thrown at Eddie was from a Port supporter.
Context? Point? In regards to booing? You asked about Eddie being booed in his 300th, I said go for it, he's copped much worse.

Pretty classless stuff booing a champion during a medal ceremony.

This goes double for it being on ANZAC day. Do we take the game away from the Bombers if their fans can't live up to its tenets?

If we want to cry about umpiring, let's talk about the couple of cheap goals Essendon got for soft/invisible free kicks, including Baguley's late. In the end, they were behind for 100% of the game. Maybe a touch unlucky late, but that's sport. Boo decisions or whatever during the game, once the siren goes you suck it up and accept that L, don't behave like a mob of feral cry babies.

Setting the bar low calling him a champion.
Just a ducking dog looking for the cheapy.

If he had any moral fibre he'd have handed the medal back. Disrespectful to our Anzac's he gets the medal.
Priceless :D :D

Absolute star of the game and the consensus winner of best on field and upholder of the ANZAC spirit. Unlike the sore loser Bomber fans. Pathetic for tainting such a great day and I'd say the same if Pies fans had been involved.

No positive drug tests here.

How about Lachie keeffe and that drug cheat Josh thomas?
Yeah - that was disgusting too. I'm not defending them either.
Shame Thomas played today actually - we would have won by more.
Predictable response.
Why cant you just admit your supporters were out of line and move on instead of shooting the messenger.
Really mature attitude.

If you want that Tippa one a throw, then treloar had 20 missed. Not to mention the Pendlebury one in the first that magically went at right angles and led to a goal

I don’t count any of them, just making the point it wasn’t a one way street - umps were pretty ordinary all day.

No doubt we pulled that win out of our ass.

Yeah - that was disgusting too. I'm not defending them either.
Shame Thomas played today actually - we would have won by more.
Predictable response.
Why cant you just admit your supporters were out of line and move on instead of shooting the messenger.
Really mature attitude.

Admit your mob were out of line for booing:
Gary ablett
Dom Sheed
Jobe "hurricane" watson

Booing is for w***ers.

Booing is alright when it's a contentious decision or multiple in quick succession. Boo the umpires off the ground if you will. Also booing ex players the first time you play them. But then move on and worry about your team and what they control.

It's funny how long supporters memories can be, but at the same time they have a memory of a gold fish. Selective memory always wanting to blame someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t count any of them, just making the point it wasn’t a one way street - umps were pretty ordinary all day.

No doubt we pulled that win out of our ass.
Your lot deserved the win.

The umpiring was as bad as I have seen in a while though. The holding the balls/ high tackles/ push in the back calls were shocking.

One eyed Collingwood fans all saying umpiring was even...Is there a surer sign that they were kissed on the dick?
Did you see the two free kick goals to Essendon today or not?

C'mon Telsor - like a say the Bombers were pissed off because it was close.
Not like when we play you eh? Haha

LOL.

I reckon booing is for w***ers.

What is worse is the holier than thou types who come in and pontificate about it. It is just as bad, if not worse.

Take your sanctomonies somewhere else please.

Yep, sanctomonies such as this should be flipped off asap:

Since 2000, the player in the match considered to best exemplify the ANZAC spirit – skill, courage, self-sacrifice, teamwork and fair play – has been awarded the Medal.

Thanks. I don't have to wait half an hour for my VHS player to rewind my tape to rewatch mine as well. It's glorious.

Lol It’s a year that no one of merit won the flag and everyone that matters is grateful for it. Congrats.

If someone could edit this with Pendlebury, some angry Essendon fans, etc it would be glorious!

'

Seriously though, as many have said tempers just boiled over after that Brown free. Not a good look at all, but once Bucks mentioned the significance of the day, the game and what not things fizzled out. As we know with other similar scenarios, there is backlash if booing is called out specifically...

Last edited:
I would like to boo whoever it was that said Grundy was a better player than dean Cox..that campaigner needs to give himself an uppercut.

Bunch of sore losers there where crap calls both ways. Yet you choose to boo Pendlebury as he is announced as the best on ground. The same group of supporters who complained about the booing of Watson for so long
booing watson personally, and booing the umpires at the time Pendles received his medal are not even close to the same. You're an idiot for even suggesting it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back