2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate to say it after stuffing up that open goal, Mathieson looks to be above the Neafl it’s just unfortunate that him and Lyons (jarrod) are twins in their positions.

In addition if any more tall timber went down Eagles would be an adequate replacement whenever he’s near the ball in the air you can put good money on the fact that he’ll mark it.

Also liked Fullerton’s game and think each game he’ll learn and get better. Christensen is definitely cooked though, poor guy injuries have definitely taken a toll.

Corey Lyons better hope that theirs a few midfield injuries because the boy looks a player although with our depth he hasn’t been able to get a peek in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lions in control. lots of players up and about showing good signs. Eagles and Ballenden strong in defence. lots of intercept marking. Archie in control in the ruck. Mathieson getting plenty of the ball. Lyons doing lots of good things. Fullarton looks goods in the forward line.

If we have a good injury run this season there's every chance our NEAFL team could go through the season undefeated, looks like we are class above all opposition at this stage.

NEAFL Lid officially off.

Early days in this one, but Corey Lyons is cleaner and showing a lot more poise than the likes of Mathieson, Robertson...early days though.

Matho had a lot of touches, but turned every kick over. Lyons, E Smith or T Berry would have to get a run in front of him if we are going to improve as a team, and retain these younger players.Same with Christiensen.

Same with the talls. Eagles was good, but Ballanden, Payne, Skinner or Fullarton would have to be next in line.

If that is 1 v 2 in the NEAFL it is doing nothing to help our youngsters. Like in junior footy, all played well.

I’m hating how they keep calling Bastinac, Ben Keayes. Basti has kicked 2 but apparently he’s kicked none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back