2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking the same thing. Play Frampton so at least we're playing to our desired (promised, hoped for, ideal) structure. Form warrants it.

Waiting for "yeah look...."
"......we've been up for a long time. You don't just look at the first 7 games, you've got to take into account the internal trial as well and JLT 1 and 2."

Absolutely love it. Would have Butters on the bench as well.

What I don't understand is why the coaches love talking about Hoff's versatility yet put themselves into a corner whereby they play him as a tall forward. It doesn't work. It's never worked. It screws the balance of the team up. Play him on a wing and go with a more traditional forward set up.
This is so much the problem and has been for a long long time. It’s as if he is a wingman but because he is tall we play one less tall up forward.

State league affiliate: Port Adelaide (SANFL)
This weekend: Port Adelaide v Central District - Saturday, May 4, 2.40pm, Alberton Oval

Midfielder Jack Trengrove led the way once again, finishing with 32 disposals (20 kicks), 10 clearances and seven marks in Port Adelaide's 34-point win over Central District.

The former Melbourne skipper is averaging 37 disposals from his six SANFL matches.

Joe Atley was also busy with 28 and 11 clearances, as was Steven Motlop (27, seven inside 50s and a goal).

Rookie ruckman Peter Ladhams had a day out, finishing with 40 hitouts, 28 disposals, 10 clearances and two goals.

Tobin Cox and Billy Frampton kicked four goals apiece.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-04/around-the-state-leagues-whos-starring-for-your-club

Thanks everyone a great read. Haven't been able to get to last 3 games, the most I've missed since 2013.
When this job is over it'll be great to see our Maggies again.

Yep, just do it. Be brave.

It's the same structure we were promised when we thought Dixon would be playing.
It's not even that brave at this point. Bloke had sustained form in the Maggies and deserves a call up on form regardless of any structural benefit.
Only brave part would be if Frampton plays well and ken has to front the media explaining why he has refused to play him for so long

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cox has been impressive all year, has the body, has the strength, a good contested mark for his size, has the goal sense.
I'd like to see him promoted very soon, especially in the absence of Robbie Gray up forward.

Ladhams 28d 2g 10cl and 40 hitouts

Breakout game.

That’s amazing.
Nah last week was just as good. He almost scored a quadruple double and Redden was a better ruck opponent than Marsh today. Last week he had 13 kicks, 14 hbs, 9 marks, 9 tackles, 22 hit outs, 5 clearances 1 goal and 140 DT pts vs 154 today. the 2 weeks before that 22 disposals against North and 26 against Norwood. Its why I bumped his thread after the Norwood game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah last week was just as good. He almost scored a quadruple double and Redden was a better ruck opponent than Marsh today. Last week he had 13 kicks, 14 hbs, 9 marks, 9 tackles, 22 hit outs, 5 clearances 1 goal and 140 DT pts vs 154 today. the 2 weeks before that 22 disposals against North and 26 against Norwood. Its why I bumped his thread after the Norwood game.
He's been very impressive for a month if not longer Ladhams.

Theres just nothing hey...

He'll start experimenting when the seasons over. Expects the players to take risks yet he never does.
When he says play brave football how can anyone take it seriously when the coach has no balls to make brave selections.

He's been very impressive for a month if not longer Ladhams.
He seems to have gone in 2 week blocs. First two games he was good against West and South. Then was very good against North and Norwood. Then outstanding against WWT and Centrals. There is a bye next week so I hope that doesn't kill his momentum. Then we will see him back at Alberton against the crows on election day.

He has been named emergency for the Power 2 or 3 times which shows how well Ken and co think he is going.

Ladhams has actually built his body up a little, lost zero mobility, but has better strength in the contest.

His form must be rewarded. Can't leave him out much longer.

He seems to have gone in 2 week blocs. First two games he was good against West and South. Then was very good against North and Norwood. Then outstanding against WWT and Centrals. There is a bye next week so I hope that doesn't kill his momentum. Then we will see him back at Alberton against the crows on election day.

He has been named emergency for the Power 2 or 3 times which shows how well Ken and co think he is going.
His form has coincided with him being the main ruckman, and Frampton playing more as a key forward. Every game he has played where he has spent 75% of the time in ruck he has completely dominated. It started for the first time against North last round last year when Billy was playing v Essendon and Hayes was injured. Ladhams had 15 touches 6 marks and two goals, before then he was third in line behind Lobbe Billy and Hayes.
Early in the year Frampton was getting more time in the middle, but then he got reported for whacking a chap. Ladhams took over, Frampton came back spending more time up forward and ladhams has put up huge numbers.
He can run all day, that is his strength, he has the skill and mobility to take games over... And has a great set of hands on him..

It's seriously impossible to keep out much longer.

His form has coincided with him being the main ruckman, and Frampton playing more as a key forward. Every game he has played where he has spent 75% of the time in ruck he has completely dominated. It started for the first time against North last round last year when Billy was playing v Essendon and Hayes was injured. Ladhams had 15 touches 6 marks and two goals, before then he was third in line behind Lobbe Billy and Hayes.
Early in the year Frampton was getting more time in the middle, but then he got reported for whacking a chap. Ladhams took over, Frampton came back spending more time up forward and ladhams has put up huge numbers.
He can run all day, that is his strength, he has the skill and mobility to take games over... And has a great set of hands on him..

It's seriously impossible to keep out much longer.
We can’t play Three rucks though. Would have to be through injury. Would love to see him rewarded of course.

Between Ladhams, Frampton and Hayes, it feels like getting Lycett on a long contract for $$$ was dubious, even if for free via free agency
I think we might have to wait and see when those three play repeated games in the AFL before making such bold statements.
Lycett has been bloody good apart from. a bit of a down game yesterday.

I’m not criticising Lycett, I’m asking why our list managers FAed in a mature ruck right after spending draft picks and development on rucks.

Any on field edge we get from adding an instant Slyce probably only applies for the next two years, during which time we’re what?

Kinda like adding Rockliff a year after drafting contested mids in Atley/Drew/Spp. Why.

Yes, neither cost us anything in trade, but we keep creating development speed humps like this. Its weird.

I’m not criticising Lycett, I’m asking why our list managers FAed in a mature ruck right after spending draft picks and development on rucks.

Any on field edge we get from adding an instant Slyce probably only applies for the next two years, during which time we’re what?

Kinda like adding Rockliff a year after drafting contested mids in Atley/Drew/Spp. Why.

Yes, neither cost us anything in trade, but we keep creating development speed humps like this. Its weird.

Because Ryder was coming of an injury interrupted year, a year where not having a back up ruck hurt us dearly. Ladhams was miles of the form he is in now, Hayes is a promising first year player with an ACL injury and Frampton looks more a KPF than Ruck.

An AFL ready ruck was by far our biggest hole in the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back