List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't seem arrogant to me at all. He seems very well rounded, well spoken and obviously been around the traps before. He's taking on a big risk taking a Cat B rookie contract which I imagine is tiny and giving up a pro basketball career... he obviously has a lot of faith in himself he can make it.

He doesn't seem arrogant to me at all. He seems very well rounded, well spoken and obviously been around the traps before. He's taking on a big risk taking a Cat B rookie contract which I imagine is tiny and giving up a pro basketball career... he obviously has a lot of faith in himself he can make it.

Considering Cat B money is outside the salary cap, the fact other rich clubs went hard at him and that he walked away from a very well paying gig at Basketball, im betting we paid him quite well. Cox was on over 200k plus a free car/free accomodation on his 1st year before he had even touched a footy.

Yep he's definitely backing himself gotta love the confidence will be fascinating to see how he goes

Considering Cat B money is outside the salary cap, the fact other rich clubs went hard at him and that he walked away from a very well paying gig at Basketball, im betting we paid him quite well. Cox was on over 200k plus a free car/free accomodation on his 1st year before he had even touched a footy.

It wouldn't be hard to make that playing basketball though, even in Serbia. He probably has taken a pay cut but is back home but switching sports is risky. How old is he?

Seems like media interest in this kid is sky high. Is he the highest profile Cat B signing ever?

It’s two fold. Generally the category B signings come onto the list post season and the biggest signing under this rule prior to Wilson, Keath, signed interstate. If he’d have chosen a big Vic club there’d have been the same fuss made. Both will be trumped by Sutherland if/ when he returns.

Edit: it’s also the first time a player has ever been signed standalone in season, post equalisation, and been eligible to play.

Last edited:

You look at some of the best players there been and plenty of them have at least some Arrogance to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You look at some of the best players there been and plenty of them have at least some Arrogance to them

You need it but he just seems like a confident kid and I would be too looking at what he could do in under 16's suggests he will find a home in the AFL. He has balls to think he can break into Collingwood which I like to. He could easily have went to a weak club and got an easy game but he's taken the hard road of picking a strong side.

That press conference shows him being anything but arrogant.

He seemed very humble and gracious to me. Just because he's reasonably articulate does not equal arrogance.

Same Here. I got no Sense of Arrogance just a Kid who is Very Confident what he can Accomplish and as Pies Fan I hope he does live up to his Confidnce

All I’ve been able to work out is your lack of sophistication. I posted a comment, that I can back up with reason. You had a dig, and can’t back up your arguement.
Yeah naah.
Your 'reason' was that he lived overseas so is arrogant. That just sounds like a chip on shoulder type of thing.
Lel. That sophisticated viewpoint.
Besides which, the 2 above posters share my view. Didn't come across as arrogant in the least.

I like hm already.

I’d assume he gets jumper 48.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back