The emergencies for the first 7 rounds

1 Mayes, S Gray, Farrell, Howard
2 Mayes, Johnson, Farrell, Howard
3 Garner, Johnson, Mayes, Marshall
4 Broadbent, Mayes, Farrell, Marshall
5 Johnson, Mayes, Ladhams, Lienert
6 Broadbent, Johnson, Lienert, Amon
7 Ladhams, Garner, Mayes, Motlop

We have only made 6 changes - 4 injuries and 2 omissions. 5 of the ins have been emergencies first. (Only Wines hadn't been named an emergency first.) Now Broadbent joins that list
Rd 3 Out Watts (inj), Amon (inj), Marshall In Wines S Gray Howard
Rd 5 Out Motlop In Marshall
Rd 6 Out Jonas (inj) In Lienert
Rd 7 Out R Gray (inj) In Amon

Trengove has never been an emergency, so he probably wont get picked. In bold is a player picked within two weeks of being named emergency inc Lienert who was a last minute replacement for Jonas.

Out are Wines and Ebert and we know Bonner and maybe DBJ should be dropped based on performance

Broadbent will come in for Bonner.

We need to shut Eddie down. If DBJ plays then, make it a 17 v 17 game, dont worry about him pushing up to the midfield, his job is to just stick on him. Just play one on one on him and beat him. If DBJ gets the arse then maybe Mayes comes in. I'd like to see Garner play, but bloody tough to debut on Eddie.

Motlop will come in for Wines, so push Drew back into the middle and Motlop onto the wing.

Frampton should come in to cover Ebert's position in the forward line. Frampton parks himself deep, Paddy comes up to CHF, Marshall can do the running around like Ebert role, as he doesn't have the body strength to out muscled Talia, and that free's up the Hoff to run around like an unregistered dog.
No Frampton among the Emergencies, though. This puts him in the same situation as Trengove.

Broadbent is in. So, Mayes, Johnson, Farrell, Garner, and Ladhams would be the Emergencies that weren't called up yet. Motlop would be the only one who is out that has played for the Power and has been an Emergency.

I am afraid we only intend changing our forward setup with Dixon. So, I doubt Frampton would go in, besides being the closest replacement for Dixon, as we have been saying for a while now around here.

2019 Emergencies (12 players):
1. Mayes, 6
2. AJ, 4
3. Farrell, 3
T4. Broadbent
- Garner
- Ladhams
- Howard
- Marshall,
- Lienert, 2
T10. Motlop
- Sammy
- Amon, 1

Last edited:

Cobra to come back and lay a brutal bump on walker to flatten him and won't see out remaining part of game. Rivalry back!

Out: Ebert, Wines, Bonner, DBJ
In: Durrie lover, Motlop, Farrell, Frampton
Also like to see Broady having a dart in change rooms talking to Brian Taylor after game with showdown medal on his neck with several 18 to 19 girls around him rubbing his chest...

Asking too much?

Yeah I like Broady but he hasn't exactly been burning it up in the snafl. Looks a mite slow and has a wide turning circle. Does add experience which we gonna need. I would prefer to reward important thing though like you know maybe form....

Surely Johnson is taking the piss if true. Don't mind him in at his best as he has pace and can do some interesting stuff.
I watch the maggies games but if he was picked maybe I am missing something that a head coach. multiple assistant coaches. development coaches and fitness coaches obviously see in his current play.

I would prefer to reward important things though like you know maybe form....[/QUOT
The emergencies for the first 7 rounds

1 Mayes, S Gray, Farrell, Howard
2 Mayes, Johnson, Farrell, Howard
3 Garner, Johnson, Mayes, Marshall
4 Broadbent, Mayes, Farrell, Marshall
5 Johnson, Mayes, Ladhams, Lienert
6 Broadbent, Johnson, Lienert, Amon
7 Ladhams, Garner, Mayes, Motlop

We have only made 6 changes - 4 injuries and 2 omissions. 5 of the ins have been emergencies first. (Only Wines hadn't been named an emergency first.) Now Broadbent joins that list
Rd 3 Out Watts (inj), Amon (inj), Marshall In Wines S Gray Howard
Rd 5 Out Motlop In Marshall
Rd 6 Out Jonas (inj) In Lienert
Rd 7 Out R Gray (inj) In Amon

Trengove has never been an emergency, so he probably wont get picked. In bold is a player picked within two weeks of being named emergency inc Lienert who was a last minute replacement for Jonas.

Out are Wines and Ebert and we know Bonner and maybe DBJ should be dropped based on performance

Broadbent will come in for Bonner.

We need to shut Eddie down. If DBJ plays then, make it a 17 v 17 game, dont worry about him pushing up to the midfield, his job is to just stick on him. Just play one on one on him and beat him. If DBJ gets the arse then maybe Mayes comes in. I'd like to see Garner play, but bloody tough to debut on Eddie.

Motlop will come in for Wines, so push Drew back into the middle and Motlop onto the wing.

Frampton should come in to cover Ebert's position in the forward line. Frampton parks himself deep, Paddy comes up to CHF, Marshall can do the running around like Ebert role, as he doesn't have the body strength to out muscled Talia, and that free's up the Hoff to run around like an unregistered dog.

Too logical -sadly-sadly

Yeah I like Broady but he hasn't exactly been burning it up in the snafl. Looks a mite slow and has a wide turning circle. Does add experience which we gonna need. I would prefer to reward important thing though like you know maybe form....

Surely Johnson is taking the piss if true. Don't mind him in at his best as he has pace and can do some interesting stuff.
I watch the maggies games but if he was picked maybe I am missing something that a head coach. multiple assistant coaches. development coaches and fitness coaches obviously see in his current play.

I would prefer to reward important things though like you know maybe form....

Form is fleeting.
Class is permanent.
Bull**** baffles brains.

Vision of Broadbent's selection announcement is up on the Club website though I am not sure why it has been posted so early. I cannot find any other changes so I am left asking myself what the * is going on? Is selection now a fun event with a grand announcement every Tuesday night? The game is not until Saturday night so why not wait until Thursday and officially announce all the changes? This Club becomes less professional as each day dawns.

Has anyone seen Johnson and Farrell announced officially or is it pure speculation?

Vision of Broadbent's selection announcement is up on the Club website though I am not sure why it has been posted so early. I cannot find any other changes so I am left asking myself what the **** is going on? Is selection now a fun event with a grand announcement every Tuesday night? The game is not until Saturday night so why not wait until Thursday and officially announce all the changes? This Club becomes less professional as each day dawns.

Has anyone seen Johnson and Farrell announced officially or is it pure speculation?
It is interesting.

We announced two outs and one in. but they aren't related; at least, they don't seem to be.

So, we actually brought THREE riddles for Adelaide: Who will replace Wines? Who will replace Ebert? Who will give his spot to Broadbent?

Neither question has a clear cut answer. I don't think we have made Pyke's job any easier with the announcements. We could have made it more difficult, even.

It is interesting.

We announced two outs and one in. but they aren't related; at least, they don't seem to be.

So, we actually brought THREE riddles for Adelaide: Who will replace Wines? Who will replace Ebert? Who will give his spot to Broadbent?

Neither question has a clear cut answer. I don't think we have made Pyke's job any easier with the announcements. We could have made it more difficult, even.
Don’t you worry. I am sure Kenny will name the changes well before any deadline. That’s how he rolls.

Updating my changes:

In: Farrell, Frampton, Garner, Mayes, Motlop
Out: Bonner, DBJ, Butters, Wines (injury), Ebert (injury)

FF - Ryder Frampton Rozee
HF - Westhoff Marshall Motlop
C - Duursma Boak S. Gray
R - Lycett Rockliff SPP
HB - Burton Howard Mayes
FB - Garner Clurey Houston

INT - Amon Drew Lienert Farrell
----

What Port will do:
Out - Bonner, Ebert, Wines
In - Broadbent, Motlop, Trengove

I'm not sold on DBJ to Mayes but otherwise I agree and have decided to make you coach of the week.

Please win for us :)

Frampton must be on the list in case apart from Dixon, Paddy, Lycett, Marshall, Sam Gray all break their ankles.

Personally I don’t think we will see or get much out of Hartlett and Dixon. Not their best anyway.

We are almost due to injuries rebuilding real fast, so why we can’t adjust our forward line by adding Frampton is odd, we seem to have no trouble adding smalls, I’m not sure I believe it’s purely a form thing, does Ken think he needs 10 weeks in a row kicking 5 each week before being caked up?

There has to be a personality clash or something.

Maybe they just don’t think he’s ready?

If he isn’t picked this week he isn’t playing at all, especially when an undercooked Dixon comes back.

A big question mark on Broadbent's pace for afl.

Surely AJ can't be up for selection. His form has dropped away the past two games and he is carrying an injury.

Motlop is needed.

I like Farrell but with the team we're trotting out with I'm not confident he can help. Same with Atley.

Ladhams, Garner, Trengove and Frampton also have earned a go.

Mayes ... I don't know what he does with all his possessions.

The crow's coach Pyke is not a great coach but he can call up any basic young player from the twos and make them deliver a reasonable effective team game. Hinkley doesn't give me that confidence.

We need an awesome game from Boak,
Westhoff, Rockliff and Pepper to have a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it were up to me it would be

OUTS:
Wines (inj)
Ebert (inj)
Butters

INS:
Broadbent (already picked in a one man squad)
Mayes
Motlop

I would like to include Billy Frampton but as we have lost Wines and Ebert we need all the experience we can get. On that basis I would give Todd Marshall another week and if doesn't perform this week he goes and Billy comes in.

Last edited:
Frampton must be on the list in case apart from Dixon, Paddy, Lycett, Marshall, Sam Gray all break their ankles.

Personally I don’t think we will see or get much out of Hartlett and Dixon. Not their best anyway.

We are almost due to injuries rebuilding real fast, so why we can’t adjust our forward line by adding Frampton is odd, we seem to have no trouble adding smalls, I’m not sure I believe it’s purely a form thing, does Ken think he needs 10 weeks in a row kicking 5 each week before being caked up?

There has to be a personality clash or something.

Maybe they just don’t think he’s ready?

If he isn’t picked this week he isn’t playing at all, especially when an undercooked Dixon comes back.
Good points about Dixon and Hartlett. Dixon turning 29 this year; wouldn't be smart to see if Frampton can play at the higher level while Dixon is unavailable (possibly most of 2019). Hamish is also 29 this year - would love to see Garner play 6-7 games in 2019.
We are in a rebuild mode and should be making the most of it.

7 first choice players out is too many for any team to deal with. It's like 75% of the senior core of our side.

'First choice' players isn't really a strong enough term for those outs. The likes of Bonner, DBJ and Butters are 'first choice' players, but we wouldn't miss them all that much if they were gone. These aren't just guys on the edge of our 22. It's 6 of our top 10 or so players.

weird selection to pick Broadbent i think, almost seems like a step backwards, people like the memories of Broadbent but in all honesty he was never more than a serviceable defender, i will say his actual defending is more to be admired than his disposal and running game, there is a myth going around than broady is some great kick but really its just a nice-looking long kick that lacks accuracy (much like Danyle Pearce), his running game mainly consists of sideways running behind the man with the ball to kick it wide again out to the flanks. Personally i think we have enough flankers in DBJ, Houston & Burton, would much rather see Atley or Frampton get a game and dare i say it bring motlop back (at least he tries to break the lines)

The one real positive is we've got a lot of blokes in the Maggies hungry for a spot. Something that didn't happen really last year.

I remember saying in one of the last weeks last year "Delist everyone apart from Frampton and Patmore" when watching a Maggies game.

i think we have a real winner in Ladhams, it would be wise to get him signed up before other clubs throw ridiculous amounts of money at him just to save themselves 5 years of development

I can't imagine being Sam Mayes getting recruited and then watching Aidyn Johnson get a game ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back