Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he hit the wall today.
And I suspect JJ will be back next week against West Coast. I kept an eye on the SANFL game while we were playing Brisbane and thought JJ was pretty good. Dropped a couple of gettable marks but also took some strong marks and kicked well for goal.

Another player whom I thought played really well yesterday was Stengle. Kicked 4 and was just dangerous. Lacks the pace but he is pretty crafty and gets in space that way. I like him. A touch more pace and he would be a star.

Himmelberg was taken to cleaners by Andrews yesterday. I really like the kid and I think he will be a real player for us in the long term but like all young players, they can’t last the whole season.

And I suspect JJ will be back next week against West Coast. I kept an eye on the SANFL game while we were playing Brisbane and thought JJ was pretty good. Dropped a couple of gettable marks but also took some strong marks and kicked well for goal.

Another player whom I thought played really well yesterday was Stengle. Kicked 4 and was just dangerous. Lacks the pace but he is pretty crafty and gets in space that way. I like him. A touch more pace and he would be a star.

Himmelberg was taken to cleaners by Andrews yesterday. I really like the kid and I think he will be a real player for us in the long term but like all young players, they can’t last the whole season.
They seem to last at Geelong and Hawks

After BOG he's back next week.
Stengle too and maybe Seedsman as well.
Still confused why Knight was left out and Neale was allowed to roam like an unregistered dog all day.
Because "we back our players in". Has the Campo stamp all over it.

JJ is far from being a washed up hack. He has a big body that can last the season’s journey in an AFL system. If he can play like he did in today’s SANFL match against Port, then he deserves to return to the seniors.

But the proviso is that he needs to bash into opponents more in every game. If he’s bruise-free after a match, it will be an automatic omission for the next match thereafter.

The fuq John?

Jenkins even at his best is a bruise free Betsy, this post makes it look like you’ve never seen a game he’s ever played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time your opinion differs with clarko, it means that you are wrong!
Huh?

Vickery was a complete flop!

You are in complete denial...

Everyone makes mistakes. Even Clarko.

The fuq John?

Jenkins even at his best is a bruise free Betsy, this post makes it look like you’ve never seen a game he’s ever played
He pantsed Rance in one of the games 1-2 years ago and I would like to see him play that type of game again. It doesn’t literally have to be bruises, but just the contested footy I want to see more of. Hopefully missing out the last few weeks have made JJ more hungry. If not, then by all means, being back EH or the Fog!

PS. No bruise free Betsy can get a handful of goals at AFL level.

He pantsed Rance in one of the games 1-2 years ago and I would like to see him play that type of game again.

He beat him for 2 quarters, and he wasn’t some physical wrecking ball either

That’s JJ at his best, and he still wasn’t physical

It doesn’t literally have to be bruises, but just the contested footy I want to see more of. Hopefully missing out the last few weeks have made JJ more hungry. If not, then by all means, being back EH or the Fog!

PS. No bruise free Betsy can get a handful of goals at AFL level.

Man, you sure know how to reinforce the criticisms people make of you

giphy.gif

The Jenkins Rance game is starting to rival Sellar in Dubai.

One swallow does not make a spring.
Comparing JJ to Sellar would be the funniest thing I've ever read on BF. And yes, that includes whatever Sanders writes!

JJ was our leading goal kicker in 2018 and the most consistent forward that we have for the past 5 years. This does not portray a fluke incident.

Interesting comment from Hart's presser today that he says "movement is a big deciding factor for players earning an AFL recall - "goals are a bonus" "

JJ's movement is poor in our forward line. He's not a good forward in that he is a liability for the rest of the forwards whereas Elliot knows where and how to create space or bring the ball down when competing to our other forward's advantages. Elliot wasn't the only player who was tired on Saturday (hello Lynch and Tex dropping easy marks).

Last edited:
Interesting comment from Hart's presser today that Hart says "movement is a big deciding factor for players earning an AFL recall - "goals are a bonus" "

JJ's movement is poor in our forward line. He's not a good forward in that he is a liability for the rest of the forwards whereas Elliot knows where and how to create space or bring the ball down when competing to our other forward's advantages. Elliot wasn't the only player who was tired on Saturday (hello Lynch and Tex dropping easy marks).

Do you hope Tex Lynch and EH put it on the park this week or cut one of them and don't reward form

Interesting comment from Hart's presser today that Hart says "movement is a big deciding factor for players earning an AFL recall - "goals are a bonus" "

JJ movement was very good on SAT there a good reason why some are calling for his recall. In form he is better than Himmelberg, And after SAT he is in Form moving freely and quicker.

JJ movement was very good on SAT there a good reason why some are calling for his recall. In form he is better than Himmelberg, And after SAT he is in Form moving freely and quicker.

No, he isn't better than Himmelberg on form. Elliot might not get the possession numbers yet, but he frees up space in the forward line with very clever leads dragging his defender away. Look at how Walker and Elliot work together. So much better than Walker did with JJ and yet he's played more games with JJ.

JJ would continually lead to exactly the same spots as other forwards, bringing his defender into the area and then JJ wouldn't crash the packs or bring the ball to ground with a deft touch like Elliot can.

I've no problem with Elliot being rested but our performances over the last 5 weeks prove easily that Elliot is our future, and our fairly immediate present as well. There are two very good intercepting defenders in West Coast's team and if they bring JJ in, I predict we lose that game as he can't make them accountable or contest against them like Elliot can.

In form, he is still better than EH and he will last the season’s journey. So picking JJ isn’t just about rewarding form but also to manage EH from physical burnout at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back