Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

In form, he is still better than EH and he will last the season’s journey. So picking JJ isn’t just about rewarding form but also to manage EH from physical burnout at AFL level.

Genuinely believe the mobility of JJ on Saturday in heavy conditions will be more of an asset than EH.

No, he isn't better than Himmelberg on form. Elliot might not get the possession numbers yet, but he frees up space in the forward line with very clever leads dragging his defender away. Look at how Walker and Elliot work together. So much better than Walker did with JJ and yet he's played more games with JJ.

JJ would continually lead to exactly the same spots as other forwards, bringing his defender into the area and then JJ wouldn't crash the packs or bring the ball to ground with a deft touch like Elliot can.

I've no problem with Elliot being rested but our performances over the last 5 weeks prove easily that Elliot is our future, and our fairly immediate present as well. There are two very good intercepting defenders in West Coast's team and if they bring JJ in, I predict we lose that game as he can't make them accountable or contest against them like Elliot can.
The faulty structures does not seem terminal with JJ and Tex together. They were both working well along with all the other forwards in 2017. No reason they can’t reconfigure the setup to allow them both their space and patterns.

aaa
No, he isn't better than Himmelberg on form. Elliot might not get the possession numbers yet, but he frees up space in the forward line with very clever leads dragging his defender away. Look at how Walker and Elliot work together. So much better than Walker did with JJ and yet he's played more games with JJ.

JJ would continually lead to exactly the same spots as other forwards, bringing his defender into the area and then JJ wouldn't crash the packs or bring the ball to ground with a deft touch like Elliot can.

I've no problem with Elliot being rested but our performances over the last 5 weeks prove easily that Elliot is our future, and our fairly immediate present as well. There are two very good intercepting defenders in West Coast's team and if they bring JJ in, I predict we lose that game as he can't make them accountable or contest against them like Elliot can.
Our performance over the last 5 weeks some could say is due to ROB, Greenwood, CEY, ie an improved Midfield working harder to win the contested ball.
But how soon we forget how well JJ and Tex work together.
How soon we forget JJ double taps in the marking contest to Eddie,
How soon do we forget JJ tackles,

today JJ in Form is better than Himmelberg in the Forward line kicking goals and just as important in the ruck against decent rucks.

The faulty structures does not seem terminal with JJ and Tex together. They were both working well along with all the other forwards in 2017. No reason they can’t reconfigure the setup to allow them both their space and patterns.

2017 was two years ago. The game has changed considerably in that time and the way we play now because of those changes has too. JJ has shown he couldn't adjust quickly. He likes things on his terms with good delivery to his advantage. He isn't going to get that in the AFL now. He has to work harder than he has been. He thinks he has been working hard and while he is running all over, he isn't running to the right spots for the majority of time. It's quality versus quantity and that hasn't clicked in his head yet. Can it? I don't think it can. I loved his playing style in 2017, but that won't win finals now. We want finals wins.

He's had 5 weeks in the SANFL and only finally got it together there once. It took a senior player, in the leadership group, FIVE WEEKS with all his natural advantages to put together a decent game. He needs to do more than 1 game in 5. We need wins.

He can come in this week only if they are resting Elliot. I then want him gone again back to the SANFL once Elliot is ready to go again. JJ is the past and we are looking to the future.

The forward line is completely different now, not to mention so is our game plan.

2017 was two years ago. The game has changed considerably in that time and the way we play now because of those changes has too. JJ has shown he couldn't adjust quickly. He likes things on his terms with good delivery to his advantage. He isn't going to get that in the AFL now. He has to work harder than he has been. He thinks he has been working hard and while he is running all over, he isn't running to the right spots for the majority of time. It's quality versus quantity and that hasn't clicked in his head yet. Can it? I don't think it can. I loved his playing style in 2017, but that won't win finals now. We want finals wins.

He's had 5 weeks in the SANFL and only finally got it together there once. It took a senior player, in the leadership group, FIVE WEEKS with all his natural advantages to put together a decent game. He needs to do more than 1 game in 5. We need wins.

He can come in this week only if they are resting Elliot. I then want him gone again back to the SANFL once Elliot is ready to go again. JJ is the past and we are looking to the future.
I think there’s a level of bias in your comments which though I mostly agree with. EH is no doubt a future player, he is a good get.

The problem how I see it, is that people are comparing JJ rounds 1-4 to EH rounds 5-9. People are arguing that it’s because of EH that the wins have came about, but not emphasising the issue that our entire team defense have hardened up and our mids are winning more contested footy. Tex and Eddie are also finding more form, maybe due to EH’s influence or maybe they are less complacent because of JJ’s omission?

Lastly, if we’re talking current form, then JJ is still the better player as a forward. EH for all his promise has kicked a maximum of 4 goals at SANFL level. JJ kicked 6 goals last week.

I think there’s a level of bias in your comments which though I mostly agree with. EH is no doubt a future player, he is a good get.

The problem how I see it, is that people are comparing JJ rounds 1-4 to EH rounds 5-9. People are arguing that it’s because of EH that the wins have came about, but not emphasising the issue that our entire team defense have hardened up and our mids are winning more contested footy. Tex and Eddie are also finding more form, maybe due to EH’s influence or maybe they are less complacent because of JJ’s omission?

Lastly, if we’re talking current form, then JJ is still the better player as a forward. EH for all his promise has kicked a maximum of 4 goals at SANFL level. JJ kicked 6 goals last week.
That last paragraph is a joke right? You are basing the maximum amount of goals Himmelberg has kicked in the SANFL as a sign of current form?

The forward line is completely different now, not to mention so is our game plan.
Yes can’t argue with that. How do we know JJ won’t fit in the new structure/game plan? JJ’s only been in the s**t game plan this year, not the new one.

That last paragraph is a joke right? You are basing the maximum amount of goals Himmelberg has kicked in the SANFL as a sign of current form?
Yes, maximum output-wise, JJ is showing himself to be in better current form. Not just in goals but also contested marking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WE should play EH and see if he can at least reach JJ's ceiling and hopefully exceed it, we don't know that yet, but we will need to put up with more performances like the weekend, to discover that

Yes can’t argue with that. How do we know JJ won’t fit in the new structure/game plan? JJ’s only been in the **** game plan this year, not the new one.
We don’t but you don’t bring a player back because they’d played one reasonable game and 3 trash games and the attitude he had when he was dropped, would send a bad signal to the rest of the group.

Sorry I thought you said last season, has zero to do with this year.
McGovern and lynched missed games last year, so pretty much every forward but JJ

McGovern was inconsistent at best

The problem we have is we have no one that can play deep with size like JJ did. Then by playing deep he can have shots in ruck to give ROB a rest as h they are fresh

Who can play that role as EH is definetly not playing that role, Tex cant he needs to be roaming around CHF and lynch is up the ground, eddie and murphy are short people

Our forward line and forward pressure is functioning at a superior level because of Jenkins not being in it.

Not some coincidence. Blind Freddy should be able to see that, but judging by some of the comments here, obviously not.

No blind Freddy can see our forward line is not performing, yes we are winning Games, but our inside 50 conversion rate is still not good enough.
Our Key Forwards are not Kicking Goals which is why JJ was Dropped not enough Goals.
When JJ was dropped we were not getting the ball into the forward 50, the inclusion of Greenwood and CEY improved that. not the forward line changes.

Our forward line and forward pressure is functioning at a superior level because of Jenkins not being in it.

Not some coincidence. Blind Freddy should be able to see that, but judging by some of the comments here, obviously not.

Im unsure on what tall we have playing deep, Tex is always up around the centre square lynch is well up the ground and himmelberg seems in no particular place, maybe the fact we don't have a big guy deep it affects our conversion rate as the ball is easily taken away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back