Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seems to be 1 out with his opponent ! Whether he is being double teamed or is he leading to the wrong spots , but he seems to be always launching from 2 or 3 deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true , had me thinking why Ben brown was always one out , not like he is so elite athletically gifted . Lynch has some work to do in learning this craft , way too often caught at pointy end of ground 1 v 3 . Freo game was a rare time he was charging out high HF and he looked 10x the player . Played like he was pissed off and hungry that day , we need him taking on every game like this

BgVnvOM.gif
I was expecting 5-6 of these. I50 a game , that’s not unrealistic is it

highly realistic I reckon...with Naish kicking it to him...(NO, not expecting Naish to bulldoze his way thru the middle, that's
Martin, Cotch, Balta, Soldo's jobs).
Imho he has a lot to learn , he’s taken enough big clunking marks that tells me he knows what he’s doing just that he’s his own worst enemy in not getting to the right spots to shake off the congestion playing right into oppo hands

You know what? I am going to change my tune. We need to be patient with Lynch. If it took Prestia half a season to adjust to the Richmond way of playing after an interrupted preseason, then it'll probably take Lynch longer being a KPF. Hence, let's assess his output closer to finals or even after a full preseason next year.

Is lynch leading less and trying to grab the could land anywhere bomb it into 50? Maybe the team mates need to adjust and spear it in front of a leading forward instead of the old that’s ok jumping jack will fly for it and keep my disposal eff looking better than it should be

You know what? I am going to change my tune. We need to be patient with Lynch. If it took Prestia half a season to adjust to the Richmond way of playing after an interrupted preseason, then it'll probably take Lynch longer being a KPF. Hence, let's assess his output closer to finals or even after a full preseason next year.

Bang on, people seem to forget it can be more difficult for some to enter a new playing group, it's like changing work places, there are a whole new set of dynamics to pick up on, clicks and friendships to navigate. It's not like he's not performing at all, it's just he'll get better with time and gel with the group more and more. Changing Clubs in another league is hard enough, within the same league is another level. Personally I have always not judged a player until their second season, and even then they are often better in the second half than the start of that season. Sure some come on quicker, but some don't too.

The delivery on Friday night was awful as we were under so much contested pressure when kicking it in. Our players still have to understand his movement nuances, when he leads two ways not three, when he uses a block, and he needs to get our delivery patterns from at least a dozen or so players. It comes with doing. He's definitely carrying movement pain, you can see it in his gait. With more muscular work it too will get better and freed up.

Bang on, people seem to forget it can be more difficult for some to enter a new playing group, it's like changing work places, there are a whole new set of dynamics to pick up on, clicks and friendships to navigate. It's not like he's not performing at all, it's just he'll get better with time and gel with the group more and more. Changing Clubs in another league is hard enough, within the same league is another level. Personally I have always not judged a player until their second season, and even then they are often better in the second half than the start of that season. Sure some come on quicker, but some don't too.

The delivery on Friday night was awful as we were under so much contested pressure when kicking it in. Our players still have to understand his movement nuances, when he leads two ways not three, when he uses a block, and he needs to get our delivery patterns from at least a dozen or so players. It comes with doing. He's definitely carrying movement pain, you can see it in his gait. With more muscular work it too will get better and freed up.
That’s correct. We can’t expect him to slot in quickly even though he’s been playing at AFL level for years because our way of playing is different to Gold Coast. A position like KPF is probably the hardest position to slot in because you are reading the ball movement of your own players. KPDs for example read the movement of opposition players, so it’s going to be much easier to slot in as you already did that at your previous club. Even then, it has it’s challenges.

We just need to be patient while we identify his strengths and he gets a good grasp on our playing style. Our delivery was indeed awful and the onus of that is on the midfield and not him.

In general, we all know that our style is easy for smaller players to grasp but more difficult for taller players. Riewoldt has been doing this for a while now so of course he’s going to know where to go and how to play better than Lynch. I’ll give him until next year to see how he goes and longer if his season or preseason is interrupted by injuries.

been very poor all year. certainly not worth the coin we gave him at this stage. if he doesnt mark it he is close to useless!

starting to think we shouldve spent the money to poach a gun oppo mid

will reassess at season end
Onya Shazza Lloyd.

been very poor all year. certainly not worth the coin we gave him at this stage. if he doesnt mark it he is close to useless!

He’s about what I was expecting. Not really a $1m player but you have to pay the coin if you want them.
I don’t think he’s useless though that’s a bit much! Always expected more from next season onward anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia was pretty bad the first half of his first season too so we will wait and see. I actually think it says less about Lynch and more about just how bloody good Jack Riewoldt has been for us over the journey. Not easy competing against 3 blokes each week.

fancy winning a flag in the manner

monster effort

I thought Prestia's first game for us was awesome...

oddly enough his career goal kicking average is about 2/game. Which is what he is on ATM. Ty kicked slightly less than this amount. The problem with the mids were: Beams was the only good one available.

I’ll give him some rope coz he’s on target to kick 50 and I reckon he’s only played a couple of good games the rest poor to average. A full pre season and more time playing with teammates will only benefit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back