Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at their list they have no choice.

Yep.

1559542315759.png

Look at their players over 30. Hell, over 26. I don't even need to do any in depth analysis. That is a black hole of pain right there. A beautiful mix of s**t truck imports and under-delivering veterans, with all too many of them being '''best''' 22.

It's actually worse than I thought. No wonder their average age and games is always so low. They literally have bugger all other than 'promising' kids.

Yep.

View attachment 685972

Look at their players over 30. Hell, over 26. I don't even need to do any in depth analysis. That is a black hole of pain right there. A beautiful mix of **** truck imports and under-delivering veterans, with all too many of them being '''best''' 22.

It's actually worse than I thought. No wonder their average age and games is always so low. They literally have bugger all other than 'promising' kids.

They're Melbourne, but even shitter.

My most hated team by a mile
Even more than the drug cheats
F*** them, you reap what you sow

Feel abit sorry for Bolton, he’s the fall guy, the patsy for incompetence

I even feel for Stocker, who will become the answer to the funniest trivia question of all time
And I can’t wait for the walls to come crashing down on sos and his 2 spud sons , who shouldn’t be on ANY list
Now go and sign Brad, to completely fill me with joy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep.

View attachment 685972

Look at their players over 30. Hell, over 26. I don't even need to do any in depth analysis. That is a black hole of pain right there. A beautiful mix of **** truck imports and under-delivering veterans, with all too many of them being '''best''' 22.

Which makes it funny when people claim we have nothing.

We've been better since Pagan but Carlton is the "more promising" team?

IMO, to be truly competitive, you need to have a solid core of guys who are in the 100-200 (10-12) game bracket with a sprinkiling of 200 (4-6)game players and a few under the 100 game mark (4-6).

These are Carlton's 100-200 game players:

Matthew Kreuzer
Liam Jones
Matthew Lobbe
Alex Fasolo
Ed Curnow
Levi Casboult

Cripps and Docherty have played 90 games each.

Their 200+:

Murphy
Simpson
Thomas

No wonder they're ****ed.

Contrast that with us (players who played on the weekend):

<100
Anderson
LDU
Simpkin
Dumont
Thomas
Turner
Wood
Larkey
Zurhaar

100-200
Williams
Ziebell
Cunnington
McDonald
Polec
Pittard
Atley
Tarrant
Macmillan
Brown

200+:
Goldstein
Thompson
Higgins

Last edited:
If it cannot be uniformly applied, then it shouldn't be used.

Technology is great, but only if they get it right.

Yep. Just piss off the video altogether. It's just television interaction/ratings crap anyway.

If some pelican paid to guard a line makes a massive * up, then fire them.

Yep.

View attachment 685972

And SOS is still there. He traded in at least 6 GWS players 2014-5 along with the likes of Kerridge, Wright and Gorringe.

Chasm of senior players on their list as the likes of Kennedy, Betts, Gibbs, Touhy, Henderson, Garlett, Waite, Yarran, Robinson all gone.

The fact that Thomas and Jones got long terms deals in the first place and were renewed says it all.

A real Carleton president would have have responded, Pig's arse!

View attachment 686024
Big Jack's got a lot to answer for their current predicament.

Being arrogant and stubborn used to work for them when they could dishonestly buy their way to premierships, but now they're on a level playing field such behavior will just continue to anchor them to the bottom of the ladder. Sucked in campaigners.

Big Jack's got a lot to answer for their current predicament.

Being arrogant and stubborn used to work for them when they could dishonestly buy their way to premierships, but now they're on a level playing field such behavior will just continue to anchor them to the bottom of the ladder. Sucked in campaigners.

Carlton have never rebuilt a side without a bag full of money EVER.

They just don't know how to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stripped of their unearned privilege they cannot even muster mediocrity.

They were renowned big spenders when the VFL first formed, pinched some war time flags, then became regulation battlers right up until they lured Barassi for record coin at that time, and money kept them rolling after that.

Their 1995 flag is tainted to the sh*tter and they have fallen flat on their faces in the age of equalisation, despite the Pratt's throwing coin everywhere still.

Happy to laugh at Carlton, but still wish Teaguey well in the seat he's been moved to. A good footballer a decade too late, and a yard to slow. Always got under the skin of that wannabe tough guy Aaron Hamill

Carlton recruiting;

Kerridge
Wright
Gorringe
Lamb
Sumner
Plowman
Smedts
Marchbank
Pickett
Palmer
Lobbe
Kennedy
Lang
Mullet
Garlett
Oshea
Shaw
Fasolo
McGovern
Setterfield
Newman
Goddard
Bugg

Imagine telling your supporters that the only reason he got the job was because there was no one else willing to take the job and that's why they hired him.

That board needs to be sacked.

The universe hates me (points to evidence folders A: 2016 and B: 2017) so I'm going to refrain from dancing on Carlton's grave.

What I will say is this - it could be a buyer's market for wayward Carlton talent.

In a similar way we snaffled Peter Bell when Freo were run by the East Fremantle IGA, the timing might be right to take a swing at some sap on their list who hasn't been broken yet.

Imagine telling your supporters that the only reason he got the job was because there was no one else willing to take the job and that's why they hired him.

That board needs to be sacked.

Ludicrous.

On a related topic, I asked a Carlton-supporting colleague this morning how he'd feel if they appointed Brad Scott. Turns out he was at school with the Scott boys and never wants either of them anywhere near his footy club or anything he cares about. Said they were complete thugs - not in a 'tough at footy'kind of way, but actually. Once he remembered they gatecrashed a party they weren't invited to, were removed, and came back to trash the house with golf clubs (most private school thing ever, but I'm sure also scary with Scotts wielding them).

Weird to be posting a Scotts anecdote in the non-North thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back