Autopsy vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really that big a call , moves off the line much better than Brown, will end up stronger and is much more physical
The fact he can hold his position in a contest gives him an edge over Brown long term

Our backs and forwards were pretty good overall - I really like the way our forward line is developing.

The basic issue - and we will see it in 2 weeks when we play Collingwood - is that our mid field is just not good enough - not skilful, not fit and not fast.

Coniglio, Kelly, Taranto and Hopper as a group are just more superior across every facet of the midfield game than Anderson, Cunners, LDU and JZ as a group. In fact if you swap those group of 4 players between the teams we would win that game by 4 goals - that is the level of difference between the midfields.

Obviously we are after Kelly in 2 years but we have to throw everything we can to get another skilful mid.

Played against an elite squad for a privileged club.
We closed the game down, made it tough and contested for 2.5 quarters to stop their preferred open game.
Impossible to maintain, GWS were just waiting for the game to slow down pressure wise and open it with their silk delivery.
One of the best squads in the competition.
It will be this hard to stop for years to come. Surprised they haven't won premierships yet.

Need a couple more elite players when we match up against them, and Higgins was sorely missed in this game.
Defence was outstanding.
Forward line showing promise.
Just lost to a better side

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Umpires were not the reason we lost this game however I would hope in the near future if a decision is 50/50 that they give the benefit of the doubt to the defending team, also VIDEO umpire calling BBB goal a behind with no conclusive evidence is also baffling! Account for the 3 goals we go down by one..

Ultimately this isnt the difference between the two sides, in the second half they carved us up and took their opportunity in front of goal!

We are not that far off, a lot of positives to come from the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a good game, was an arm wrestle for a half, but all game we didn't break lines, get clean inside 50s and we resorted back to sideways handballs, handballs under pressure and so on. It was a game style that was bound to break down eventually I don't think we ever got a proper sniff at it.

You could tell nothing was flowing when by 3 QTR time your highest disposal winners are Atley & Williams; both defenders.

Worst umpired game ever as well, the decisions were absolute howlers, so many free kicks our way missed, Giants got gifted alot. I just hated it, they are green maggots and they destroy this game; they broke down what was a physical contest game and then allowed the Giants to open it up.

Garner was a spud, wrong choice from the get go. Should've been Ahern, even for a bad day he would've provided more.
Durdin; he's had 3 weeks to get something going and he hasn't. I have no idea what anyones seeing here, Tarrant, Thompson and Williams were covering his ass all night.
Dumont had a horrendous first half, cleaned up his second half but it was too little too late.
Wood & Zurhaar, unsighted. Zero impact. Disappointing.

Tarryn Thomas was electric in ebbs and flows, really good signs again. Looks more talkative out there.
LDU was clean, I don't understand the knocks, did nobody pay attention or what. He was the cleanest delivery inside 50 all night, not one other player was able to deliver it to our forwards. And he did at least 3 times, also took his man on with body on body and won, good signs.
Jed was really imposing, tried his best to physically drag the team into it, as well as Turner & Simpkin. Big ticks.
Larkey was making the most of the situation, got the rewards in the dying seconds. Well done.

4 games in Tassie, we've lost two. Good job NMFC, you asked for a million dollars to secure our home, the supporters paid it out and you repay them with fewer home games at...you know, our actual home because Tassie pays us out and we think we got an 'edge' at Blundstone. What an absolute crock, our so called fortress is way overrated.

Umpiring was 💩

The youngsters; LDU, Zurhaar, Jy, all had quiet games after being very good the last few weeks which is expected with youth.

Goldy and Cunners were violated all game and got nothing from the maggots.

Anyone who says BBB is soft needs to be locked up and throw away the key, that poor buggar has the ball kicked to him 100 times a game, whilst 2-3 defenders hang off him on the ground and then the ‘fliers’ smash the pack and usually directly into BBB’s back/ribs, yet he still makes a contest and then butters up all over again.
His body must be like crepe paper after every game. Much respect.

Backline; Taz, Hunter and Marley all excellent, Durds and Jasper did some good stuff, but LMac did one good thing for the day.

Midfield destroyed apart from TT whose going to be a star.

Larkey is bloody good.

In the end the AFL’s plastic beast with their 6 million first round draft picks, coupled with Gils EOFY umpiring bonuses to the maggots we’re just too good.

Normally I’m a hater but thought today was one of his better games actually. Disposal still needs work.

Every time we play the Giants I get reminded how the observation “disposal still needs work” applies to our entire list.

Like chalk and cheese.

If Fyfe had received the same treatment as Cunners today he would have been paid 5-6 free kicks.

The umpire could have stamped out the scragging but chose to only make it worse by ignoring the constant grabbing and holding from behind.

I can’t recall them getting pinged once for grabbing off the ball.

The 3 classy goals GWS got in a row in the 3rd from beautiful handballs to set guys free was the difference in the end. We rarely score those type of goals. We are more crash and bash.

Came off the back of a period where we locked the ball inside our forward half, but couldn't capitalise. This happened a lot and kept them in it (along with umpiring) up until then.

A few players had poor games but the boys had a real crack. Thomas has some real skills which are needed in this team and Larkey keeps showing talent. Tarrant and scooter were great as always, and i didn't mind macdonalds game despite a couple of poor kicks inside fifty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back