Scandal Jaidyn Stephenson - Betting on Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. 100% it's match fixing and he needs years if not life ban. **** has no place in any sports.

Let's take cricket for example. Here's a list of bans handed down over the years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cricketers_banned_for_corruption

Match fixing... are you serious? it was a $36 multi bet and no evidence that he tried to fix the match and you're comparing it to those articles.

Absolutely a stupid, moronic thing that he's done and has got his right whack

Match fixing... are you serious? it was a $36 multi bet and no evidence that he tried to fix the match and you're comparing it to those articles.

Absolutely a stupid, moronic thing that he's done and has got his right whack

I know you're just defending your club and that is honourable but it's scenarios like these that can very often be match fixing.

He bet on the game against the Saints ffs. The same guy that randomly decided to kick a torp from 60m out for no real reason, when he could have passed it.

So being a hot topic right now, why was the Stephenson thread locked on the Scandals & Rumours board?

As i thought, he wasn't overcome by guilt or a need to tell the truth etc

He was basically silly enough to mention the bet to Jeremy Howe, who told him to tell Walsh...once Howe knew of the bet Stephenson had no choice but to comply, Howe wasn't going to let him get away with it.
What a joke.

So being a hot topic right now, why was the Stephenson thread locked on the Scandals & Rumours board?

As i thought, he wasn't overcome by guilt or a need to tell the truth etc

He was basically silly enough to mention the bet to Jeremy Howe, who told him to tell Walsh...once Howe knew of the bet Stephenson had no choice but to comply, Howe wasn't going to let him get away with it.
The AFL should have a bloody good look at itself letting all this all
Pro Collingwood agenda, Try making a thread about WCE winning the cup in 2018 and it's deleted.
So what are you saying?

So, will there be another chapter to this story other than just the AFL investigating itself?

‘On 18 November 2011, Australian Attorneys-General supported the development of consistent national match-fixing offences with the maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment for some offences.’

Part 4ACA of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) criminalises the corrupting of a betting outcome of an event. ‘Corrupt conduct’ is when:
  1. Firstly, the conduct is likely to affect the outcome of any type of betting on any event (that is lawful to bet on in any State, Territory or the Commonwealth), and
  2. Secondly, the conduct does not meet the standard of integrity that a reasonable person would expect of those in the position that affect this outcome.

Pretty sure what Jaiyden has done (that 60m torp with 2 minutes left in the saints game is tainted now) meets both of the above criteria...

I was surprised to even hear that the AFL and Collingwood 'were in talks' about the punishment.

Conveniently they've given him a number of games that allows him to play finals, despite betting on his own team, including himself, on 3 seperate occasions.
If they were 16 weeks away from finals the punishment would have been 16 weeks

If they were 6 weeks away, the punishment would have been 6 weeks

The AFL has the integrity of FIFA

So, will there be another chapter to this story other than just the AFL investigating itself?

Pretty sure what Jaiyden has done (that 60m torp with 2 minutes left in the saints game is tainted now) meets both of the above criteria...
But you see, the AFL have already looked into it and conveniently declared nothing illegal occurred. It's all ridgy didge.

Glad to see potential match fixing getting the punishment it deserved.

But also a bit sad that you get a greater punishment for betting $36 than you do for assaulting a player on the field and breaking his jaw.

I get what you mean and do partly agree, but intergrity of sport is probably the most important thing in sport especially at the elite level. Match fixing, performance enhancing drugs, attempting to cheat (like the whole sand paper gate) are the 3 big no-no's in sport.

A young female Australian cricketer a few years ago copped a 6 month ban for bets totalling $15 on mens matches she wasn't even involved in.

Things like the bombers drug saga, the cricket sandpaper gate all ruined the integrity of sports and copped a big whack too.

Stephenson is actually pretty lucky with the sentence he got when you compare it to other things, especially the young female cricketer betting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get what you mean and do partly agree, but intergrity of sport is probably the most important thing in sport especially at the elite level. Match fixing, performance enhancing drugs, attempting to cheat (like the whole sand paper gate) are the 3 big no-no's in sport.

A young female Australian cricketer a few years ago copped a 6 month ban for bets totalling $15 on mens matches she wasn't even involved in.

Things like the bombers drug saga, the cricket sandpaper gate all ruined the integrity of sports and copped a big whack too.

Stephenson is actually pretty lucky with the sentence he got when you compare it to other things, especially the young female cricketer betting.

Oh for sure.

Mohammed Amir was 18 years old when he was suspended for five years for the heinous crime of bowling two no-balls.

I know you're just defending your club and that is honourable but it's scenarios like these that can very often be match fixing.

He bet on the game against the Saints ffs. The same guy that randomly decided to kick a torp from 60m out for no real reason, when he could have passed it.

I think the article was fairly clear that he wasn't/didn't try to influence anything within the match. That part was investigated and cleared. If it was the case, then a lifetime ban would be fitting.

Dumb and stupid by a young bloke and I'm filthy with him. People on here want him hung but he's got his right whack.

The article pointed out many players involved bookmakers and large sums of money. It's really unfair on him to compare to that.

how is the torp tainted? He has shown he can make the distance from outside 50 multiple times.. one of his first ever goals was a set shot from beyond 50 metres in the wet in Adelaide

how is the torp tainted? He has shown he can make the distance from outside 50 multiple times.. one of his first ever goals was a set shot from beyond 50 metres in the wet in Adelaide
But what motivated him to choose that low percentage option?

That’s the question that he can’t out run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back