Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy won't get much love after that game, but he just never loses a contest. It always hits the ground at worst. Creates so much.
Kennedy did no wrong bar a putrid kick on goal.in the first) Some.days aren't meant to be and when the umps allow you to get mugged what can you do but set up you side kick to kick 5?

Positives:
+ Boots. Just immense in that last quarter. Willed himself to contest after contest and loose balls time and again. Epic effort. He'll sleep well on the flight back.
+ Darls. Huge effort in putrid conditions for talls. Clutch goals when needed.
+ Shep. This guy. I mean, ****! So, dare I say it, kamikaze and relentless. Every time he looks like he is out of the contest, he finds something. I reckon he would have to have some next level core strength. Just seems to be able to hold position on the ground and in the air.
+ Ryan. 2 goals just reward for his work rate. I don't care that he sometimes bites off more than he can chew. Last year Willie blew me away with his work rate. This year Ryan has got me shaking my head in disbelief. I'm not a stat guy, but I daresay he'd be up there in score involvments, no?Just imagine him wanting to pull out of a camp under Malthouse. What a loss to the game that would've been.
+ Nic. Brought a tear to my eye watching him standing off in the centre square for that first bounce. It was so obvious he was the difference in getting momentum our way. Particularly in first half. Terrible conditions to make a return but we'll take it.
+ Hurn/Jetta. Hurn was superb defensively. Jetta was superb offensively. Probably downplaying their respective defensive/offensive games, but you get my drift. That inside out banana through the centre square was ridiculous.
+ Nelson. This is exaclty the sort of game I had hoped he would play more consistently. Tough as ****. Bit of dash off the half back line. Relentless (a less polished Shep).
+ Team Heart. Just wow. They just get find a way. They're prepared to scrap, grind and scrape for every win.
+ Allen. Not so much his game (although he worked into it and that mark was just courage personified) more the fact we have this 19 yo KPP that shows so much talent, flexibility and maturity that the MC has faith in him to throw him around, and while he may not be world beating he is holding his own. What is he going to be in 30 more games? **** we killed that draft. Absolutely killed it.
+ Went with someone's advice and signed up to the free 14 day Kayo Live ac to watch game. Had the house to myself, dog on the couch, smashed a few home brews and scared the neighbours.

Negatives:
- don't have a tv that I could cast the feed to. Had to watch it on my phone. Dropped phone half a dozen times while abusing the umps.
- neighbours may have called family sevices for some of the abuse I was throwing at the umps.
- may have had a slight stroke in the last 2 mins of game.

On CPH1707 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cant begin to explain how much I enjoyed the post.
KS we are cut from the same cloth brother.
BTW get a cheap TV with a HDMI, a cheap laptop with HDMI and hook them up for Kayo on the big screen.

BTW get a cheap TV with a HDMI, a cheap laptop with HDMI and hook them up for Kayo on the big screen.
Bro, unfortunately i have TVs and laptops with HDMI, also remembered (halfway through the game) I had bought a Wecast thingo years ago and never set it up. Tried to set it up at half time but I couldn't get it going and chucked the thing out.

Now I'm in the s**t with the Mrs who wanted to go to a friend's birthday and I've flat out said I'm staying at home and watching the Port game on tele and the pies game on my phone. Happy as a pig in s**t.

Dogs still on the couch with me. Can't be all bad.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Bro, unfortunately i have TVs and laptops with HDMI, also remembered (halfway through the game) I had bought a Wecast thingo years ago and never set it up. Tried to set it up at half time but I couldn't get it going and chucked the thing out.

Now I'm in the **** with the Mrs who wanted to go to a friend's birthday and I've flat out said I'm staying at home and watching the Port game on tele and the pies game on my phone. Happy as a pig in ****.

LOL. Have fun, love. xx

Now I'm in the **** with the Mrs who wanted to go to a friend's birthday and I've flat out said I'm staying at home and watching the Port game on tele and the pies game on my phone. Happy as a pig in ****.

HDMI to HDMI cable.and you are set.my man. Bugger that casting rubbish.

Al the good stuff has been mentioned. Yeo putting in on defence for me when he's being tagged is huge. Doesn't sook or appeal to umpires, very mature.

Fringe players like Nelson showing senior players how it's done. He's had two very god weeks in a row now (unlucky for Cole) which is great for the team and his own belief in reviving his career. Could be used as a tagger soon.

Jetta looked a class above in controlling the ball.

Hurn and Darling marked the ball like it wasn't that wet.

I'm convinced there are two Luke Shueys playing for west coast. One is the good ordinary starting 18 midfielder who moves alright and does enough to hold his spot each week, and the other is the contested ball superstar with silky skills who only appears when we are a few goals down in a must win game.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

HDMI to HDMI cable.and you are set.my man. Bugger that casting rubbish.
Ah right, I see what you mean. Should've said tv is connected to the net and I tried streaming it through the browser but my connection is so shite that it was buffering every 20 seconds. Screw that.

Negs
- Second half we would work the ball nicely out of the back half, be uncontested at half back and we kicked straight to the Hawthorn spare player who ran 5 meters and pump it back in. Happened about 5 times and really put pressure on our defenders.
- Free kick Hawthorn was at it's best today, most of their first 4 goals came from absolute BS free kicks. Someone will quote me only had 2 less and got 2 goals ourselves late from free kicks, but it was shocking umpiring.
-Annoying lady behind me screaming common Hawkers every 10 seconds.
-Bit lucky with their poor kicking

Positives
-Darling was a beast, contested everything and many of them 2 on 1s. 5 goals on a wet day a great result.
- Shuey and Gaff were running machines today. Absolutely huge.
- Sheppard was so good, general today in defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2018, Oscar trained a lot with the defence and was good in the 2 games he played there. He has been crap in the 2 games he has played there in 2019. I think he is talented enough and good enough in defence but we need to make up our mind with him and stop asking him to be jack of all trades because his performances will suffer.

W A F L. He’s a better forward though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to think that Ryan will end up our best small forward.
He really is starting to learn his craft.
His ability to create space just gets better every week and goal assists are out of this world.
To top it off he is one of the best competitors in the team, gets to contests both in the air and at ground level and applies pressure if he doesn't win the ball.
and it looks like he loves it.

My laptop only has a mini HDMI, for some reason the picture was quite jerky, no problem with picture on laptop until cable plugged in. Only bought the cable the other day from JBs, it's going back.

Starting to think that Ryan will end up our best small forward.
He really is starting to learn his craft.
His ability to create space just gets better every week and goal assists are out of this world.
To top it off he is one of the best competitors in the team, gets to contests both in the air and at ground level and applies pressure if he doesn't win the ball.
and it looks like he loves it.
He also seems a lot more settled off field. He is such an exciting talent.

Hahaha we've all been there before

Kennedy did no wrong bar a putrid kick on goal.in the first) Some.days aren't meant to be and when the umps allow you to get mugged what can you do but set up you side kick to kick 5?

Yep, JK's kicking has been off for a few weeks. He needs to straighten it out before the docker's game.

Massive Positive

Yes but let’s rip into him because he doesn’t take 8-10 uncontested marks on the switch with no hurt factor whatsoever.

Flogs have ZERO idea. ZERO

Yep Bigge they are clueless mate, is it a coincidence we won the clearances 63 to 41 and smashed them out of the center 15 to 8 wonder how that happened

+ Shuey Norm Boy is a gun geez people rave on about Coniglio, Dylan Shiel, Sloan. Shuey is in the same league if not better than all those guys Shuey game 39 disposals, 20 contested, 758 meters gained, 11 clearances, 11 inside 50s and 9 tackles.+
+ Redden - Loved his game 30 touches 15 contested, 9 clearances, and 5 tackles. Was like a bull
+ Gaff and Sheed - Solid games
+Midfield Gaff, Sheed, Shuey and Redden - 130 disposals, 33 clearances
+ Nic Nat - Got through well and his ruck work superb as ever
+JD was the difference with 5 massive goals big time game. Clutch as ever
+ We played well in the rain
+ Won without our two gun defenders
+ Hurn and Shep are just marvels
+ Jetta his ball use superb
+ JD - wanted to impose himself and have a huge game from the first bounce. Clutch goals
+ Allen his mark with the flight was awesome

- Schofield - out love him but need TB back
- Masten needs to go bring in Petch
- Hutch injured so Masten may stay
- Hickey is unco af. Did do some handy work in the last though. Better than vards
- 3rd quarter we fell asleep and cannot afford those lapses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back