Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's pointless sacking Pyke if they're still going to skimp out on replacing assistants. As Sanders alludes to there's just this weird problem in hierarchy until Neil Craig's assistants get cleared out.

Usually in the NFL an incoming head coach is given a lot of power in picking his assistants. Idea being that he can assemble a team he both trusts and shares a similar philosophy towards the game with. We're absolutely handicapping anyone we bring in if we're just going to stick him with the same old guys that have been part of the woodwork for a decade+.

I like Pyke.

Fagan needs to show some balls and start making those long promised changes.
Nothing against him but he seems too stubborn. He's fine dropping Gibbs FOUR times in 16 rounds but gives Douglas and Mackay games on no form. Wilson had 22 tackles last week and isn't even close to selection. Mackay doesn't have 22 tackles in his career.

Yeah you’ve got no idea. Don is a fraud.

Yeh thanks, I reckon I have very much of an idea. Ive played a very high level, coached at a very high level, and now giving back to the game thru juniors.

But you carry on, Im going to drink some beers and try an forget about this aberration tonight.

Chances are Don won't be a premiership coach in his time with us - most coaches aren't.

He has shown the ability over the years to change our game style and be able to turn things around during games.

In the past, the coach would usually get the chop first and questions asked later, but I think they are making the move to dropping the assistants and supporting the head coach. See Hardwick & Buckley.

We need to surround Pyke with the best, not the best man of a director of the club. Bring in the big names, blow the soft gap and ffs bring us an elite football department.

If we don't we will tread water and Pyke will get the chop with Campo/Hart/Clarke still sitting in that box being a part of so many failed coaching teams.

Times almost up for Pykie unfortunately.

Who should be our next senior coach, what attributes should he have?

No real standouts for me, but came up with some names:
-Rob Harvey (Collingwood);
-Matthew Knights (Geelong);
-Josh Francou (GC);
-Adam Yze (Hawks);
-Sam Mitchell (Hawks);
-Scott Burns (Hawks);
-Nathan Bassett (Port);
-Brett Ratten (Saints).

The smartest option for me would be to get someone from Hawthorn with a bit of mongrel to him, guaranteed success. Yze is rated enormously by Clarkson, Mitchell probably won't come but Scotty Burns who was in the running last time would be much better qualified now.
Brett Ratten deserves another chance, Bassett and Francou probably not ready but would luv to entice them as senior assistant coaches.

*Knowing how the club works it will probably be Campo appointed with VB as senior assistant and Dmac retiring to be midf coach.

Thoughts?
What? Over reaction much?

Chances are Don won't be a premiership coach in his time with us - most coaches aren't.

He has shown the ability over the years to change our game style and be able to turn things around during games.

In the past, the coach would usually get the chop first and questions asked later, but I think they are making the move to dropping the assistants and supporting the head coach. See Hardwick & Buckley.

We need to surround Pyke with the best, not the best man of a director of the club. Bring in the big names, blow the soft gap and ffs bring us an elite football department.

If we don't we will tread water and Pyke will get the chop with Campo/Hart/Clarke still sitting in that box being a part of so many failed coaching teams.

Far kienn hey!!!!

I know we are all ****ed off at what happened today. Buy we will still probably scrape into the finals and Pyke will keep his job. We ain't firing a coach with 2 years left to run on his contract, especially one with a 63% winning record.

I think we are missing the point of our averagness. The rot starts at the top. Not just with the senior coach but those who appointed him. Funny that in all the years I have followed Aussie Rules the blame is always with the senior coach. The annons who actually recruited him seem to be totally free of criticism.
Today was a huge loss considering the outcome. probably only second to the GF. So will be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so and how the club reacts to that insipid second half. I'm sure many at the club will thank their lucky starts we come up against Gold Coast next week.

Lucks a fortune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definately need a Malcom Blight style clean out on an unprecedented scale. The current group of house hold names are done and dusted.

Agree with the fraud bit. 2017 making the gf was just fortuitous. We have nothing. Nothing......well except the old cry of 'next year' eh?
You don't make a GF on luck

Well at least NFL season is only 8 weeks away and can look forward to another successful season following the NE Patriots. A coach who knows how to get the best out of anyone.
God I hope not, cheats do prosper

Ha ha. They are less of a cheating team than most of the NFL teams. All I can say is deal with it.
That I can agree with, I enjoy watching but haven't really found a team to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back