Autopsy Geelong loses to Doggies by 16 points // Rd 16 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Miers & Kelly

Miers didn't fluff the handball because he never actually took possession - it seemed that because Kelly was running alongside him that he decided he'd do the team thing & get the ball to his teammate but he never took hold of the ball in the first place.

If was more selfishn& backed himself to kick the goal, I dare say he would have kicked it no worries

So hard for a first year player who has started on fire and is cultivating team relationships, like a positive affinity with Gaz and Kelly, and to some extent Dahlhaus. Players he probably didn't think in his wildest dreams he'd be mentored by, so I'll forgive a few transgressions. Especially since their clean possessions were rare.

Lots of babies being thrown out with the bathwater here.

Dogs play a scrappy, tight, contested game.

Yeah, Kolo going down hurt. Inaccuracy hurt. Poor kicking hurt.

Bring in next week :)

Standing off the ball by 3 metres hurt. Few tackles hurt. Brain farts hurt. Umpiring hurt.

We need more consistently midfield support for Dangerfield and Kelly. Mitch Duncan is only ever a partial answer here.
Cam Guthrie has certainly shown a willingness to take the hits and wear tackles,
I thought it would take a few days to get a laugh out of me after tonight,but that's bloody hilarious.

We looked tired as we were busy chasing tail all night as the Dogs spread better than what we did.
We looked tired as we were busy chasing tail all night as the Dogs spread better than what we did.

We just looked lackluster.

Tired, no pressure or intensity.

I don’t think it’s cause for concern.

Just very poor footy. The kicking for goal was very in geelong like also

Couldn't agree with this more. Unfortunately with so many grey areas in the rules and often having 3 umpires who interpret the same rule 3 different ways, we're never going to get consistency.

The one I find most frustrating is "holding the man" - sometimes in a making contest but more so around the ground.

We see it officiated where a player takes possession of the ball and they ball is knocked out of dropped - sometimes this is called as holding the ball or incorrect disposal and other umpires decide to officiate it as holding the man if the tackle is completed.

Also saw on a few occasions tonight where Geelong players went for the ball and before they could take possession they were tackled/pulled off it with nothing called

Surely there's a way for these things to be officiated in a more consistent manner

They are no where near a better team.

They aren’t even top 8 for a reason
Disagree. They are winning their games now- just smashed Port. We overachieved to be 11-1, 12-2.
Anyway, tonight they were the better and hungrier team.
We are overrated by our supporters, not you, who then can not handle some predictable losses.
We were worse off personnel wise than first time we played them, and they were better.
High training loads could be the factor as well as you say.
No surprises that some of our guys are flat and tired- no way can we be up all year.
Now that WCE and Tigers are flag flavourites the pressure might come off us- we are not good enough to deserve that mantle

When your 2 games on top, July proves to be a slog. Bulldogs where to good tonight. Reminded me a lot of the Giants game though, should have put them away, drank our own bath water and once they got a run on we couldn’t stop it.

Kolo going down really hurt us, just couldn’t adjust our structure, most probably need to give Buzza some senior time, might not be in our best 22, but if a couple of our key positions get injured he may be needed late.

I thought it would take a few days to get a laugh out of me after tonight,but that's bloody hilarious.

Glad to have provided you with some levity after the loss.

Still; I don't think Guthrie's issue is an unwillingness to put in at the coal face; if you could ever bring yourself to watch a replay of tonight's buzzkill of a game then you'd see Guthrie in the thick of things during a good percentage of our stoppage set-ups - its just that he's not very good at doing much more than forcing another stoppage in that situation, at best. Someone like Menegola - who has his own limitations - might ultimately be better playing that kind of defensive midfield role; at least Menegoal has some strength through his core to allow him to stand up in a tackle.

Disagree. They are winning their games now- just smashed Port. We overachieved to be 11-1, 12-2.
Anyway, tonight they were the better and hungrier team.
We are overrated by our supporters, not you, who then can not handle some predictable losses.
We were worse off personnel wise than first time we played them, and they were better.
High training loads could be the factor as well as you say.
No surprises that some of our guys are flat and tired- no way can we be up all year.
Now that WCE and Tigers are flag flavourites the pressure might come off us- we are not good enough to deserve that mantle

When did the bolded happen, or is that just opinion, because according to the latest odds we are still premiership favorites.

Followed by WCE, Pies, GWS & then Richmond

When did the bolded happen, or is that just opinion, because according to the latest odds we are still premiership favorites.

Flavour of the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say one of the most boring games I've been too then we f**Ken lost at the end lol.
Only Clark was keeping me from just looking on my phone.
Both teams were horrible. We couldn't kick straight. Dogs couldn't kick at all.
Then they started winning some hard balls and running and we were done

Similar thoughts. Even if we had won I would have been disappointed. Our skill level but particularly our decision making was atrocious. A complete inability to take the game on was even more frustrating. The number of times I was shouting, "Run!!!, Get it in long and fast!!" was ridiculous.

For anyone that went to the game was there a fog or haze inside the stadium tonight or was it just so ****ing cold, on my tv it looked like everyone in the crowd had been lighting up a ciggy.

Yeah right, Let's play 8 defenders and a tall CHF when we're having midfield issues.
You listed Taylor, don’t bother anymore. I’m not taking you seriously on this.

Stupid predictable game plan trying to play it safe down the wings when we lost the ball everytime playing straight into the Doggies hands! when we took risks through and played down the guts we scored goals! or at least had opportunities that we sqwanded!

Thought it might have changed in the final quarter when it was so obvious it wasn't working by three quarter time, But yet we persisted! and got our pants pulled down at the same time!

We bloody deserved to lose!

Last edited:
Suddenly (thanks Scraggers) I've got no sound on my speakers and can't fix.
So can't hear the Chris Scott BS presser we knew was coming.
Anyone care to pass on what he said?
Unless he just said the "they were too good" rhubarb...

For anyone that went to the game was there a fog or haze inside the stadium tonight or was it just so ******* cold, on my tv it looked like everyone in the crowd had been lighting up a ciggy.
No that the was the mist of frustration and disappointment.

Midfield was comprehensively smashed too. If Danger isn't in there doing his things then the lack of inside depth gets shown up. All 3 losses were against teams with strong midfields and they were able to do as they please. I'm just glad we got our defensive mid in Guthrie to nullify the oppositions most dangerous player every week.

Spot on.

Without Dangerfield, how much uglier would it have been..? He’s the ONLY guy who puts a consistent level of effort out there every week, midfield wise.

And Guthrie? Who’s surprised? The team struggled, so of course he stunk. Never the one to buck the trend, ever! Even the club has him playing reduced time on ground now I’ve noticed, just 65 mins tonight, lower for a while. They’re trying to hide him. Pathetic, just embarrassing from what’s now a 150 game senior player.

Yeh, let's not give any Bitchmond stalkers cause to go to bed early.

Thought this one was a big chance to lose but it’s annoying as for large chunks we were in control. Lost our accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back