Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with 'mentor' or any other terminology of its kind is that it assumes both seniority and superiority and inferiority.
Not necessarily in a negative context of course but still its a trap.....
Its more suited to university 1st year students than a senior coach of an AFL side.

Yeah. In other contexts that sort of mentor role is more likely to be described as a coach -- but of course 'coach' already means something else in football.

I've seen enough. Teague's our man.

I really hope it's not true that we're chasing Voss & Lyon.

Voss hasn't had any success in his coaching career at all...and the game has passed Lyon by, Freo have been a lowly side ever since he tried to change his game plan from his ultra-defensive style to keep up with the modern game. Hasn't been able to do it.

Teague though has enjoyed some success and had his personal line do well as coach of the Bullants, then as assistant at West Coast & Adelaide.

it is terrifying to think we are considering Scott or Voss over Teague. I actually feel ill at that thought.

If you can get Clarko with Teague as his 2IC then maybe, but i simply dont know what more he could do, I highly doubt any coach could do better than this.

If club isnt sure, give him a 2 year deal.

I'm just hoping that the club consult the players and get their opinion on who the coach should be.

Fans would riot if we chose someone like Voss/Lyon while losing Teague in the process, only to watch us to struggle in 2020.

Incredibly important decision for the success of the club, and for the personal careers of guys like MLG & Judd if they want to remain in their positions at Carlton.

I just wish we had the opportunity to trial a coach for about half a season to see how the players respond to them and see if they could get a few wins on the board and show some positive signs

Unlucky for the board we don't have that opportunity and they'll just have to take a massive punt on some potentially already tried and failed ex-senior coaches

The board just can't catch a break, the landscape really makes the job hard for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three wins from five games with a young side after a bleak 2 and a half years is one thing.
One could argue that was going to happen anyway as they gain experience and all of it is because of what Bolts set in place.
However the best part for me is that all our seniors are the ones driving it. They are enjoying the game again and playing like a reincarnated group. And the young guys are thriving on the back of it.
And today Teaugue showed that he isn't just a likable chap.
He can tactic with the best of them.
The panel has a really tough job now. Because no matter who they initially wanted Teague has served notice and the fans are getting onboard.

If Teague is to get the job, I reckon rnds 19-21 v Adelaide, WCE and Rich will decide his fate. Win one and some good performances and his stocks will go way way up.
I would suggest that by now wins and competetiveness are not what matters. He has proved himself on that score already. It will be other things.

Really hope Carlton aren't dumb enough to 'poach' Lyon.

Did well getting St Kilda & Freo to Grand Finals, but since he moved away from his ultra-defensive gamestyle to keep up with modern footy, Freo have been a lowly side. A few years ago when he brought in Hale & Guerra from Hawthorn. Hasn't worked.

So no evidence he is a top coach in today's game currently. And with the AFL always introducing rules to open up the game and increase scoring, can't see that changing.

I was very unimpressed with Judd's comments this week. What a dumbass thing to say- even if he thinks that, don't say it. Teague is doing a super job but as I said weeks ago, he should be judged on the last 4 weeks of the year. I think the players demonstrated today what they think of Teague and Judd's comments. You may have been a champ on the field Juddy but you will lose support from the rank and file with stupid comments like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back