Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsman? 23 touches at 96% DE with 8 score involvements and only 1 turnover.

Knight had 25 touches at 76% DE with a higher 11 score involvements but 5 turnovers.

Thought Seed was more influential than Knight. Neither amazing but I'd keep Seed in ahead of Knight. Mackay obviously sucks
Seed was quiet in this 1st half, whereas Knight wasn't when the game was to be won.

Knight 94 ranking points, Seed 67 & Mackay 60.

The gap was bigger in the 1st half.

Seedsman? 23 touches at 96% DE with 8 score involvements and only 1 turnover.

Knight had 25 touches at 76% DE with a higher 11 score involvements but 5 turnovers.

Thought Seed was more influential than Knight. Neither amazing but I'd keep Seed in ahead of Knight. Mackay obviously sucks
Knight had a good 4 quarter game. He did not do anything to warrant getting dropped.

CEY won’t be fit to play. Jones wasn’t good enough to earn a recall today. Lynch still out. Douglas gone forever. Gallucci played 3 average to poor quarters of footy today and 1 great one - not good enough.

As far as potential outs go, Stengle certainly isn’t entrenched in the side, Mackay didn’t have an impact, Seedsman was poor, Knight got a lot of the ball but did a whole lot of nothing with it, Greenwood is still not entrenched but will definitely hold his spot at least until one or both of CEY / Lynch are ready to return.

Gibbs, Fogarty, Sholl, Himmelberg and Otten were the players who played well enough to be considered for next week.

Otten is an emergency option who will only ever come in for Hartigan, Talia or Keath. Won’t happen unless there’s an injury.

Himmelberg will only ever come in for Jenkins. Not happening.

Sholl is still pretty skinny but gee whiz he’s composed and has elite skills on both sides of the body. Would definitely look at bringing him in for Mackay.

Gibbs’ intensity and workrate looked really good to me today. Not sure he did enough to scream “pick me” but he’ll be in the conversation.

Fogarty was the story of the SANFL game today for mine. 8 tackles and had a real presence out there. The problem is, who does he replace? Needs a Tex injury for mine.

What I would do...

Out:
Mackay

In:
Sholl

(Seedsman, Knight, Greenwood, Sholl, Murphy and Stengle under the most selection pressure for the following week, with Lynch, Gallucci, Jones, CEY, Fog and Gibbs breathing down their necks)

What will probably actually happen...

Unchanged

Seed was quiet in this 1st half, whereas Knight wasn't when the game was to be won.

The game was won the moment the ball was bounced.

Anyway, will be interesting to see who performs better against real opposition next week, if they are retained

The game was won the moment the ball was bounced.

Anyway, will be interesting to see who performs better against real opposition next week, if they are retained
Both Mackay & Seed hardly got the ball in the 1st half after poor games last week... against poor opposition... but you want to drop a 4 quarter player.

Both Mackay & Seed hardly got the ball in the 1st half after poor games last week... against poor opposition... but you want to drop a 4 quarter player.

Knight got 16 of his 25 touches in the first half. Only 2 in the third quarter. Seedsman had 10 in the first half by the way, out of 23 total.

With similar performances I'd pick Seed over Knight any day of the week. I know what both produce playing good opposition and it's not favorable to Knight

Knight got 16 of his 25 touches in the first half. Only 2 in the third quarter. Seedsman had 10 in the first half by the way, out of 23 total.

With similar performances I'd pick Seed over Knight any day of the week. I know what both produce playing good opposition and it's not favorable to Knight
So you are joining the gold pass crew ignoring actual performance.

I have been a Seed fan, but he has been poor for a while.

You would make a good AFC selector. ;)

No, I thought Seed edged out Knight today. And I think Seed is better overall. So if I was dropping one it would be Knight.

Based on form....

Out: Seedsman, McKay (who am I kidding), Knight, Hatrigan (and I'm a fan)

All were atrocious tonight IMO.
Knight was atrocious tonight?

No bloody way, the opposition might not have been great but Knight was quite good and a long, long way from the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I thought Seed edged out Knight today. And I think Seed is better overall. So if I was dropping one it would be Knight.
You should watch the replay then!

Seed has been poor since his return.

I don't see where there's any pressure on Murphy to hold his spot, I thought tonight was his most complete game, did a whole bunch of working up the ground to get involved in play both offensively and defensively....358m gained for a small forward is quite impressive numbers

You should watch the replay then!

Seed has been poor since his return.
Except against Geelong who are the best team we've played. Strange season from the Seed

You keep saying Seed has been poor for a while. He was literally our best player against Geelong.

He was poor against Port. So were roughly 17 others.

He didn’t have a great game tonight in a pointless walk in the park.

I think we should reserve judgement until after the Bombers game. Nobody in the twos is displacing Seed just yet.

You keep saying Seed has been poor for a while. He was literally our best player against Geelong.

He was poor against Port. So were roughly 17 others.

He didn’t have a great game tonight in a pointless walk in the park.

I think we should reserve judgement until after the Bombers game. Nobody in the twos is displacing Seed just yet.
I keep saying it because he has been poor apart from the Cats game. I'm a Seed fan but I judge on performance.

I have been saying for a while that our outside players have been poor. Mackay should be 1st to go as he has been poor & forcing us to play Smith out of position.

Mackay should be 1st to go as he has been poor & forcing us to play Smith out of position.
I'm unsure if you can definitively say Smith has been forced out or the coaches are trying something different.

Both Smith and Milera had more time in the middle tonight. Now whether thats a reaction to the last few weeks, a CEY replacement , or as you note a Mackay Shuffle cant be determined

Back