Votes: 4 8.9%
  • OUT: Stengle

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • IN: Ootiib C

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see the Fog in and agree with the Walker can't run bit but he's still so important to us up the ground even at his slow pace. There's no-one on our list could even get close to playing CHF as well as he does. He might be slow but his instructions/directions, hand-balling and field kicking, long-bomb-goals and decision-making (except for one crazy HB last night) are elite, regardless of ours and other teams' supporters OTT assassination of him.

I agree with you about Walkers ability when he has the ball.he looked great last night WHY because our M/Field weren't under heaps of pressure when they looked for him.When our Mids or onballers Bang the ball in High and he has to contest the ball his recovery (chasing) is bad
thats why he would be better at F/Forward its a smaller area to work in he would draw 2 of the opposition to him at least deep in our forward line instead out at C/H/F .its quiet easy for me to make these calls.sitting on the Lounge. When the Crows come out of defence and look up He is the only Target.
if he doesn't get the ball and has to put pressure (chasing) any backman we loose the ball,because our small forwards get dragged away from the contest and leave him to chase. any way sorry for the Blah Blah but thats the way i see it:thumbsu:

Seedsman? 23 touches at 96% DE with 8 score involvements and only 1 turnover.

Knight had 25 touches at 76% DE with a higher 11 score involvements but 5 turnovers.

Thought Seed was more influential than Knight. Neither amazing but I'd keep Seed in ahead of Knight. Mackay obviously sucks
Correct and wasn’t it 2 weeks ago when he played quite well against Geelong and kicked 2 great goals

Weak opposition or not I do like this team especially with 3 small forwards of Betts, Murphy and Stengle. The only players to come back in would be Lynch and CEY and somehow I think they'll both still be out.

I would have assumed Brown would take him as your #1 small defender honestly.

I saw a couple of suggestions to drop Seedsman. Don't. He loves playing us. I think we'll line up with:

Cale Hooker on Taylor Walker
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (first game) on Josh Jenkins
Adam Saad on Eddie Betts
Martin Gleeson on Tyson Stengle
Aaron Francis on Darcy Fogarty (if he plays)
Mason Redman on Lachlan Murphy

Good luck this week fellas.

Saad is one of the few players to regularly have Betts' number. Hopefully we keep Stengle in as I'm expecting a quiet one from Eddie.

Saad is one of the few players to regularly have Betts' number. Hopefully we keep Stengle in as I'm expecting a quiet one from Eddie.
Yeah, Eddie hasn't kicked a goal in his last two games against us

Weak opposition or not I do like this team especially with 3 small forwards of Betts, Murphy and Stengle. The only players to come back in would be Lynch and CEY and somehow I think they'll both still be out.

With Lynch's injury becoming as troublesome as it has, I really would prefer he came back through the SANFL.

I would be pissed if he came in only for it to flair up halfway through the first quarter and we end up a rotation down for the rest of the game.

Would love to see Fogarty come in, saw bits and pieces of the SANFL today and he looked great. Would bring a new dimension to our forward line with his aggression at the ball and the opposition. Not sure who comes out, Mackay seems the obvious one as he was pretty quiet. Would just need to reshuffle a bit to suit.

Negatory on that, we only shuffle to keep mediocre senior players in the side. We don't shuffle them out.

Does nobody pay any attention to the injury list anymore?

Lynch is already 100% confirmed out. Stop talking about him.

CEY was “1-2 weeks” prior to the Suns game, which means he’s about a 5% chance of being available against Essendon.

Based on SANFL performances, AFL performances, and logic, Sholl for Mackay is really the only change that makes much sense.

Gallucci and Jones both need to play better than they did against the Magpies yesterday to force their way back in. Jones, despite putting in genuine effort, just had a day where nothing went right, and Gallucci’s 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters were all poor.

Fogarty was good, but I’m not really seeing a spot for him at AFL level this season unless Tex gets injured.

Jacobs is done. ROB is now a top 6-8 AFL ruckman. Sauce isn’t in the top 18.

Douglas is done. Likely played his last game for the club.

Gibbs is certainly still in the frame moving forward and looked pretty good against the Magpies, but bringing him in for the Bombers game where speed and two way running will be paramount (they are arguably the fastest team in the AFL) makes little to no sense.

We’ll more than likely go in unchanged, but Sholl for Mackay would be great to see.

Hopefully, in addition to CEY and Lynch both potentially being available against the Blues, we’ll see strong performances at Prospect Oval this week from Jones, Gooch, Gibbs and Fog to apply some genuine pressure to fringe players such as Knight, Mackay, Stengle, Murphy, and maybe even the currently inconsistent trio of Seedsman, Atkins and Greenwood will start to feel a bit more heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Lynch's injury becoming as troublesome as it has, I really would prefer he came back through the SANFL.

I would be pissed if he came in only for it to flair up halfway through the first quarter and we end up a rotation down for the rest of the game.
Good call. He will be better for the run, it's the smart option re his injury and allows him to find touch again, especially with his kicking!

Yet again, it's a great opportunity to play either of Davis and Fogarty to balance out the front half.

The 2 selections I'd be looking at:

- Ditch Mackay. Smith/Milera return to swapping their rotation out of defence rather than forward. Davis comes in and rotates wings/half forward. Retains our front half speed and trials another wing option.

- Fogarty for Knight. Tex is unlikely to fire as well against Essendon and I don't think we need 4 small forwards plus resting mids in the front half while relying on Jenkins, Tex and occasionally Greenwood in the air. It's unbalanced. Knight played well against poor opposition but still his skills were lacking and sometimes a structural selection means someone is unlucky.

I'm sure they'll only bring him back when the injury is fully healed. The only issue will be match fitness. We've certainly missed him though.

Does nobody pay any attention to the injury list anymore?

Lynch is already 100% confirmed out. Stop talking about him.

CEY was “1-2 weeks” prior to the Suns game, which means he’s about a 5% chance of being available against Essendon.

Based on SANFL performances, AFL performances, and logic, Sholl for Mackay is really the only change that makes much sense.

Gallucci and Jones both need to play better than they did against the Magpies yesterday to force their way back in. Jones, despite putting in genuine effort, just had a day where nothing went right, and Gallucci’s 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters were all poor.

Fogarty was good, but I’m not really seeing a spot for him at AFL level this season unless Tex gets injured.

Jacobs is done. ROB is now a top 6-8 AFL ruckman. Sauce isn’t in the top 18.

Douglas is done. Likely played his last game for the club.

Gibbs is certainly still in the frame moving forward and looked pretty good against the Magpies, but bringing him in for the Bombers game where speed and two way running will be paramount (they are arguably the fastest team in the AFL) makes little to no sense.

We’ll more than likely go in unchanged, but Sholl for Mackay would be great to see.

Hopefully, in addition to CEY and Lynch both potentially being available against the Blues, we’ll see strong performances at Prospect Oval this week from Jones, Gooch, Gibbs and Fog to apply some genuine pressure to fringe players such as Knight, Mackay, Stengle, Murphy, and maybe even the currently inconsistent trio of Seedsman, Atkins and Greenwood will start to feel a bit more heat.
Agree Lynch is no chance of playing, so no point mentioning...but CEY likely to be available. The question is do we bring him back via the sanfl as has been out for a while.

Back