News Chapman to step down

Remove this Banner Ad

While I don't rate Chapman and think he is a huge part of the problem, and you cant trust anything that comes out of his mouth, personally I think Roo is the one that has to go. He has overseen all the big football appointments and decisions within the football department.

I get that Chapman is Chairman but I think his influence over anything football is fairly minimal.

I get that he is a club great on field but escapes way too much scrutiny.
Not any more he doesn't

While I don't rate Chapman and think he is a huge part of the problem, and you cant trust anything that comes out of his mouth, personally I think Roo is the one that has to go. He has overseen all the big football appointments and decisions within the football department.

I get that Chapman is Chairman but I think his influence over anything football is fairly minimal.

I get that he is a club great on field but escapes way too much scrutiny.

Having a CEO who has no involvement with the football side of things is up there in terms of our major issues. Would make it impossible to be able to conduct any type of performance management or issue resolution with his subordinates.

I'm an ex-banker and recently retired so I can do it.

I'd have beer and pizza nights for all those on Big Footy with the players etc.
i2-kym-cdn-com-793-e-gif.468884

Having a CEO who has no involvement with the football side of things is up there in terms of our major issues. Would make it impossible to be able to conduct any type of performance management or issue resolution with his subordinates.

You could be on to something, I hadn't thought of it that way. The Football Department is mostly likely run by Roo and Burton with Pyke following and bassically no one challenging from outside.

What is Jamisons role on the Board?

You could be on to something, I hadn't thought of it that way. The Football Department is mostly likely run by Roo and Burton with Pyke following and bassically no one challenging from outside.

What is Jamisons role on the Board?
He runs the Crows Foundation, and a couple of other things. Has been great in all my contacts with him.

Correct - he made it very clear that he would not be there now if it wasn’t for the untimely death of Bob, and that he was the successor.

So he’ll stay now until he can hand pick a replacement?

FFS, Chapman isn’t that good that we’re lucky he stayed on - when the planned replaced passed away, we should’ve started looking for the next option.

******* joke the way these pricks think the Club is their personal plaything.

A board challenge is required!

The board sucks!

Old out of touch boys club!

The board is a reflection of the crows through and through!

There are no innovators, there are no forward thinkers.

Just stinkers!

Happy to be part of a confederate board!

From what I heard this morning on 5AA of the snippets of his interview there were a couple key points.
He won't be there in 2020.
He picked a successor that he thought was perfect fit the role but the board (?) is not going with that person, and he's quite disappointed.

From what I heard this morning on 5AA of the snippets of his interview there were a couple key points.
He picked a successor that he thought was perfect fit the role but the board (?) is not going with that person, and he's quite disappointed.

Yeah. I'm sure I heard him say he will not there in 2020. We can only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had thought he wanted Bob Foord to take over, but then he passed away in late '17.

It means that he would rely almost completely on Ricciuto and (shudder) Burton for any football stuff.

We don't have a very wordly crew down there.

Who knows the industry inside out and has had various roles at a few clubs? And has seen some success along the way?

It means that he would rely almost completely on Ricciuto and (shudder) Burton for any football stuff.

We don't have a very wordly crew down there.

Who knows the industry inside out and has had various roles at a few clubs? And has seen some success along the way?
As I said to you earlier, go and poach Craig Vozzo.

Chairman:Mark Ricciuto

CEO:Nigel Smart

COO:Brett Burton

Board:
Ken McGregor
Ben Hart
Shaun Rehn
Brent Reilly
Kris Massie
Kym Koster

Coach: Simon Goodwin

Head of Football: Neil Craig

Senior Assistant: Mark Bickley
Forwards Coach: Ian Perrie
Midfield Coach: Robert Shirley
Defence: Michael Doughty
Ruck: Rhett Biglands

Head of Fitness: Darren Jarman

Club Doctor: Matthew Liptak

Most offended that Phil Harper didn’t get a gig.

So he’ll stay now until he can hand pick a replacement?

FFS, Chapman isn’t that good that we’re lucky he stayed on - when the planned replaced passed away, we should’ve started looking for the next option.

******* joke the way these pricks think the Club is their personal plaything.
It's how Sanders did it before him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back