Preview Rounds 21-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if we win all three games we will still be heavily relying on either Adelaide or Essendon to lose enough games to allow us to go above them on the ladder.
So by the end of round 21 IF:

Port wins, Adelaide and Essendon lose,
We will be in the eight above Adelaide with a chance to finish in 7th position depending on how the Bombers last two games shape up.

Port wins, Adelaide and Essendon wins,
All three teams will remain in the same position on the ladder, but we will still have a chance if either Adelaide lose one game and we can uphold a better percentage or if Essendon loses both their last two games.

Port wins, Adelaide wins, Essendon lose,
We will still be outside the eight, but with the Bombers low percentage we will still have a chance to finish 8th if they lose another game.

Port wins, Essendon wins, Adelaide lose,
We will likely be in the eight but will need to make sure we can uphold a better percentage than Adelaide, 7th position will likely be out of reach for Port.

Port lose, Adelaide and Essendon lose,
All three teams remain in the same position on the ladder unless Fremantle wins and surpass Port. Finals will still be a possibility, but will still require Adelaide to lose one game and the Bombers to lose both their last games for Port to make the eight, along with Fremantle losing at least one game.

Port lose, Adelaide lose, Essendon wins,
Port cannot finish 7th and needs Adelaide to lose one game along with possessing percentage advantage to make the eight. If Fremantle wins, they will also need to lose one game.

Port lose, Essendon lose, Adelaide wins,
Essendon must lose both of their last two games for Port to make the eight. It will still be possible to finish 7th if Adelaide also loses both of their last two games along with possessing percentage advantage. Fremantle must lose one game if they are to win.

Port lose, Adelaide and Essendon wins,
Port Adelaide will not make the finals in 2019.

Unfortunately, we've now put ourselves in the position where our finals chances rely on certain teams above us losing certain games just to give us a chance at finishing above them and making the top eight. However, most of all, we MUST win all of our last three games of the home and away season. We need to focus on ourselves first before we worry about other teams.

GO PORT!!!

I want Walters and Duursma to go goal for goal in rd 23 with Duursma delivering the last

I want SPP to grind that diving prick into the ground and end his season early.

I reckon 2 wins will be enough. Based on form the crows are unlikely to win anymore than 1 game and west coast should give their percentage a hit. Port and freo round 23 could be playing for 8th.

The other factor is Essendon are overrated and could lose all 3 opening up another spot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’re gonna win the next two games to surge into the eight.

Then it’ll be that we just have to beat Freo at home in the last minor round game to book a finals spot.

So, of course, we’ll lose it in some ridiculous way.

And have September off again.

Peak Ports farken...
Expect it to be a ridiculous interpretation which never gets paid yet is technically correct.

Or perhaps we'll be ahead by 99 points before an earthquake shakes Zak Butters onto the field, umpire adjudicates us to have 19 men onfield and our score reverts to 0.

Looking forward to what our creative minds can come up with on the big day :thumbsu:

We have had probably the hardest draw of everyone since the bye. We have played cats, crows,bulldogs,lions,tigers,giants and bombers! All top 8 sides execpt dogs but they are thereabouts. Compare that to the crows who in the same period have only played the bombers as the only side above them. I think we are capable of winning all 3 easily if we dont it will be more of an indicment on ken

Got us winning all three, finishing 7th and playing Collingwood in week 1

Dog and Essendon will end on the same wins and comes down to percentage to see who gets 8th

We should beat Sydney and freo at home. After last week we shouldn’t fear kangas at marvel

That’s what should happen
But who knows

Last edited:
it would be so Port Adelaide to get ahead of itself this week and lose to the Swans

it would be so Port Adelaide to missout on the finals with a kick after the siren from Jasper McMillan Pittard

it would be so Port Adelaide to go in against Freo needing a win to make it and Ross Lyon decided to play ultra defensive and we end up folding under the pressure

it would be even more Port Adelaide to win all 3 and then still miss out on percentage

and it would be soo Port Adelaide to see anyone of these senario's as a win and extend Hinkley's contract because we believe in his fairy dust

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know we’ll lose to Sydney.
Bath water drinking from the coaching group.
Shitty nervousness from the players with the favourites tag.
Annoyance from the fans.

The perfect Port storm!

Prove me wrong campaigners!

it would be so Port Adelaide to missout on the finals with a kick after the siren from Jasper McMillan Pittard

A goal from Jasper Pittard ending our season would be so hilarious that I wouldn't even be mad.

We all know we’ll lose to Sydney.
Bath water drinking from the coaching group.
s**tty nervousness from the players with the favourites tag.
Annoyance from the fans.

The perfect Port storm!

Prove me wrong campaigners!

Port will only lose if you plonk in $1000 for a $1.40 win at TAB.. that's 400 bucks of free beer money for you for the remaining season if the opposite happen

$1000 bucks to see Kern on his way - we're happy
$400 bucks of beer money - you're happy

Win-Win situation. What;s not to like?

Port will only lose if you plonk in $1000 for a $1.40 win at TAB.. that's 400 bucks of free beer money for you for the remaining season if the opposite happen

$1000 bucks to see Kern on his way - we're happy
$400 bucks of beer money - you're happy

Win-Win situation. What;s not to like?
Gambling is a tax on the stupid.
I'm only stupid enough to gamble ten dollars :)

I’m coming over for the game with mates who are all swans supporters...

I think you all know where I’m going with this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back