Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in the AFL media is it better to say something and risk being seen to be an idiot than to say nothing at all.

That’s why Cornes, Carey, Barrett, Ralph and now Dixon say this sort of dumb s**t and yet continue to get column inches.

It's the era of 'hot takes.'

The sports media down here is copying the moronic stylings of sports media in the US.

Instead of reporting an actual story it's all about outrageous headlines, and those people in the media creating them seem to have an inflated sense of self-importance.

It's the era of 'hot takes.'

The sports media down here is copying the moronic stylings of sports media in the US.

Instead of reporting an actual story it's all about outrageous headlines, and those people in the media creating them seem to have an inflated sense of self-importance.
Shock jocks. Social media kings.

Dicko. Honestly mate. You have no idea.
Dicko unfortunately might be a little bit damaged upstairs after being part of the premiership staved years of our football club. Not everyone has had post football financial success like Vanders and there are some like Dicko that still need to earn a quid and if that means saying dumb shit to do so then I guess he's gotta do what he's gotta do. All I can say is good luck at the next club function and advise to probably sit on the opposite side of the room to Clarko.

Ben Dixon is borderline on the spectrum

Dixon's comments are so stupid. I love how says that we don't have the draft picks… um I'm pretty sure we have all our picks except our 3rd rounder this year. In his defence though GWS still has the right to match to force a trade so until then I will reserve judgement. Matthews did have that sheepish comment where he said something about they wouldn't match but then rambled on about a trade. I guess we'll see how sour they get.

Here's an article from last month that really had Matthews attacking Kennett and his comments. It's a good read and full props to the work GWS have been doing in the community but after reading it you really do realise how worried Matthews must be that Coniglio is considering us. By the time of this article I reckon Matthews knows already which explains why he's so sour.

The way the article is written, it almost suggests that IF Cogs decides he wants to move the Giants will be 💯 matching the offer and a trade will need to occur is my take on Dickos article.

The way the article is written, it almost suggests that IF Cogs decides he wants to move the Giants will be 💯 matching the offer and a trade will need to occur is my take on Dickos article.
Is he saying that, or does it seem like he hasn't even considered the RFA option?

*I haven't read it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dicko also says we have no draft picks.... the article makes zero sense. I feel dumber reading it.

Btw Id put the house on us not trading for Coniglio.

Facts are GWS can not match, they do not have the salary space, mooted they only have 800k for Cogs. End of story Dicko.

If we traded on Breust in some sort of deal to get a player like Whitfield over the line, we would be making GWS so much more dangerous than they are already.

They get Ward back, add a few more years development into the other kids and get Green into that outfit, they hardly miss him. On the other hand, if you chuck an opportunist tackling forward into their already brutal forward line they finally have their complete outfit.

I've almost conceded that we can't rebuild the whole list this off-season & that the rebuild will continue into 2020...:smirk:

#brantfeelingglum

We absolutely can but it will depend on how ruthless Clarko wants to be...

Mohr
Ruff
Pop
Stratton
Smith
Hendo
Birchall
Mirra
Schoey

Those 9 could all be pushed if Clarko goes full beast mode, highly doubtful but not out of the realms of possibilities. All the more likely is the following -

Mohr
Ruff
Pop
Smith
Birch
Mirra
Schoey

That leaves 30 year olds on our list being the following 5.

Silk
Mcevoy
Frawley
Henderson
Stratton

Our list can be transcended in 1 off-season, then don't discount the midseason trade period where we could very well move on guys who are not performing or need a freshen up. Things are changing and it will be chaos.

I've almost conceded that we can't rebuild the whole list this off-season & that the rebuild will continue into 2020...:smirk:

#brantfeelingglum

No need to feel glum mate. Building a contender is marathon not a sprint and smart teams know that you cannot do all these things in one offseason. However, there will always be silly teams like Carlton who will reach to buy instant success and rush things and inevitably end up with Liam Stocker rather than a top 5 pick. The bottom feeders are under extreme pressure to show their fanbase that they are on the up whereas teams with recent success are not and can build things the right way.

Does Ben Dixon understand the concept of Free Agency?
What's even more funny is that now we have posters on the D&T board thinking we're going to have to give up Gunston for Cogs, just because Dixon suggested it.

What's even more funny is that now we have posters on the D&T board thinking we're going to have to give up Gunston for Cogs, just because Dixon suggested it.
I actually thought the funniest thing was Abasi being called Wasabi. How many bridges do you think you have burnt over your BigFooty tenure mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back