Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd in the Brownlow last year. Melbourne would want a pretty penny I'd reckon.
His output (statistically speaking) has dropped about 20%, as has his support stats like DE, bounces, tackles, clearances etc.

Has Gawn been heaps worse, not giving him service etc.? What has caused the drop off? I wonder if he's injured or unhappy?

No doubt they'd want a lot, but they also want Smith.

The overrated Jack Viney returning from injury this season has really cost Brayshaw forcing him to play out of position.

On a sidenote, how overrated is Dan Butler in this thread ? He's one of those bang average players due to being part of a premiership I feel.

Angus Brayshaw (Melb) seems to be having a poor year, down 5 possies a week on 2018 stats (#stagnated).

He's 23. In the interests of 'buying low', is there any value there or is it more a case of 2018 being the exception as opposed to 2019 being a bad year?

He's having a terrible year and it has been costing me greatly in SC.

Unfortunately for him Melbourne have too many inside midfielders and he's been shunted out of his best position for Viney, who is an inferior player IMO. Though because Viney one of the most one dimensional midfielders in the league, and with Oliver clearly being their best, and Brayshaw having the most pace and largest tank out of the three he's had to make way. At least that's how I see it.

I'm not sure what we would have to give up for him - Smith and our first for Brayshaw and a second/third? It's hard to say where they see him moving forward.

On the plus side for us he's having a terrible season, and even though they should move Viney on they won't, so he's likely much more expendable. They also need outside pace which is something Smith could provide them.

If we could somehow get him without having to give up our first then I'd be all for it. I think Clarko could get the best out of him.

The overrated Jack Viney returning from injury this season has really cost Brayshaw forcing him to play out of position.

On a sidenote, how overrated is Dan Butler in this thread ? He's one of those bang average players due to being part of a premiership I feel.

Agree wholeheartedly regarding Viney being the main reason for Brayshaw's dud season.

Brayshaw is quicker, more dynamic and a goal kicking midfielder. Viney is a hard nosed battler.

I reckon a few Tigers would struggle if they moved clubs
The Tigers play to a system, making average players seem better than their ability would otherwise be at a different club/system

Kudos to Richmond for finding what best suits their playing stocks
Think it’s their flag to lose from here

He's having a terrible year and it has been costing me greatly in SC.

Unfortunately for him Melbourne have too many inside midfielders and he's been shunted out of his best position for Viney, who is an inferior player IMO. Though because Viney one of the most one dimensional midfielders in the league, and with Oliver clearly being their best, and Brayshaw having the most pace and largest tank out of the three he's had to make way. At least that's how I see it.

I'm not sure what we would have to give up for him - Smith and our first for Brayshaw and a second/third? It's hard to say where they see him moving forward.

On the plus side for us he's having a terrible season, and even though they should move Viney on they won't, so he's likely much more expendable. They also need outside pace which is something Smith could provide them.

If we could somehow get him without having to give up our first then I'd be all for it. I think Clarko could get the best out of him.
Yeh I had that same trade in mind:

Smith + 2019 1st (Pick 6ish) for Brayshaw + Melb 2019 2nd (Pick 22ish)

Nup, I'd love for us to go after Dan Butler. Don't forget that Poppy isn't an incredible footballer, we just found a role that suited him perfectly and he played it well for many years. Butler has the same elite pace and x-factor around goals as Poppy that would allow him to play the pressure forward role better than any players on our list currently. What is it about Butler that others are so against?

I said it from day 1 and I will continue.

Christian Petracca is the one I reckon we could turn around.

Has been a real disappointment and stuck as a floating forward in a side that has a stack of mids and looks lost to me.

He is one I would be prepared to take a big punt on.

When you say big punt what would you be prepared to offer up in a trade for Petracca ?

I said it from day 1 and I will continue.

Christian Petracca is the one I reckon we could turn around.

Has been a real disappointment and stuck as a floating forward in a side that has a stack of mids and looks lost to me.

He is one I would be prepared to take a big punt on.
Only if we were confident that we could get him fit & contributing as a midfielder.

He's far too expensive as a lazy forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t listened to this but the article has Dixon suggesting we’d need to give up someone like Gunston to get Coniglio. Not sure Dicko knows he’s a free agent.

Good servent for the club but I'm stuffed if I know what he brings to the table in the media. Just like Cooney.

I haven’t listened to this but the article has Dixon suggesting we’d need to give up someone like Gunston to get Coniglio. Not sure Dicko knows he’s a free agent.

Brought to you by the idiot that had Clarko going to Carlton less than a month ago...

Mate, if you're struggling with your career then get better - don't just say dumb s**t more frequently...

Brought to you by the idiot that had Clarko going to Carlton less than a month ago...

Mate, if you're struggling with your career then get better - don't just say dumb s**t more frequently...
Worked for Carey

If you say enough random shit people will either think youre nuts or genius, a gamble thats not paying off for Dixon atm

Why is Ben Dixon on radio saying the Hawks will need to trade Luke Breust if they want to land Stephen Coniglio?

To get people listening you need to have a take on things, but people are so desensitized to hot takes from the media that they get ever more ridiculous to the point where they morph into something unrecognisable from what could ever happen just so people will take notice.

Only in the AFL media is it better to say something and risk being seen to be an idiot than to say nothing at all.

That’s why Cornes, Carey, Barrett, Ralph and now Dixon say this sort of dumb shit and yet continue to get column inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back