Preview Lions Vs Suns 4:35pm Saturday @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group is potentially capable of a long period of sustained success aren't they. I still reckon Berry hasn't played his best game for us this year yet and looking forward to seeing him put it all together. Them getting this experience in these early years is gonna be awesome to see when they are 100-150 game players.

See Melbourne 2018.
Game evolves so fast these days, we never know.

I’m not giving Zorks hammy another thought, if there is .0000001% chance the existing injury could be a problem he will not play. I see it as a non issue.

Zorks only liked the tiniest bit proppy when he went to the bench and was wrapped in cotton wool last week so it seemed like they weren't taking any risks by icing him and taking him out of the game. If they've cleared him I imagine there was really nothing in it and they were overly cautious last week because the way he came to the bench it seemed like a mild corkie at most and I was surprised it was the end of him.

Zorks only liked the tiniest bit proppy when he went to the bench and was wrapped in cotton wool last week so it seemed like they weren't taking any risks by icing him and taking him out of the game. If they've cleared him I imagine there was really nothing in it and they were overly cautious last week because the way he came to the bench it seemed like a mild corkie at most and I was surprised it was the end of him.
Could have been a small cramp?

Bastinac is listed as out of the NEAFL team. All the other emergencies for the seniors are named in the 2’s with Bastia being listed out for the ‘AFL’. Clearly being left out incase of an injury so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him take Zorko’s place if there is the slightest chance of a more serious injury happening.

After perusing this thread a thought came to me. Tension and anxiety about your footy team behave exactly like a gas. It expands to fill any space. If you look at the posting last year around this time,we were worried, just as worried as this year, but about different things. Last year I wanted to win a few more games (but not so many we lose our draft position). I wanted so-and-so dropped and so-an- so in. No more ten goal thrashings.

This year I am constantly worrying about injuries to Hippy and Zorks etc and last week I fell so low as to have a constantly updating live ladder on while we were playing the Doggies. I was actually fretting about our ladder position rather than enjoying the game.

We will win tomorrow but I bet there will be plenty of anguish about the margin (unless we win by eighty ).

Get rid of your lids and just imagine Robbo getting the Norm Smith and holding it aloft at the BSO on Sunday after the Grannie!!!!!

Looks 👀 like the giants are about to get rolled in the snow ⛄ with a hefty percentage dent so good chance to cement our spot in top 4 tomorrow.
If we win tomorrow the only team that can knock us out of a top four spot is Collingwood if we lose our last 2 games and they win all theirs plus a bit of percentage. Provided the Tiges and/or WC are able to win 2 . Percentage is really tight bar Geelong.

Worry about all that next week. They'll come out fighting tomorrow especially with all the debate about their future . But we're just far too good if we play as we have been.

If we win tomorrow the only team that can knock us out of a top four spot is Collingwood if we lose our last 2 games and they win all theirs plus a bit of percentage. Provided the Tiges and/or WC are able to win 2 . Percentage is really tight bar Geelong.

Worry about all that next week. They'll come out fighting tomorrow especially with all the debate about their future . But we're just far too good if we play as we have been.

Pies have a tough run home like us so crucial to seal the deal tomorrow with some bonus percentage and then focus on finishing as high as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies have a tough run home like us so crucial to seal the deal tomorrow with some bonus percentage and then focus on finishing as high as possible.
Would think our run home is much more difficult with Geelong and Richmond vs Adelaide n Essendon for the pies.

If the Pies bring their right form they should win all three , but they're still playing clubs in the last 2 rounds fighting for an eight spot or a home final so they're no gimmes at all.

The Pies travel well because they hardly ever do it which makes it a bit if a bonding exercise.

There's going to be so much debate about all this over the next couple of weeks ,let's see where the cards have fallen Sunday evening. It's all in our own hands ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back