Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallucci doing the graveyard shift today by the looks. FML.
How about we stop blaming the graveyard position and start blaming the player.

I watched through his draft year and thought he was 2nd rounder back then. He has done nothing at sanfl or afl level that says to me he is a 1st round caliber player. He is an athlete more than he’s a football player unfortunately.
He should have a much bigger influence at this level regardless of position.

How about we stop blaming the graveyard position and start blaming the player.

I watched through his draft year and thought he was 2nd rounder back then. He has done nothing at sanfl or afl level that says to me he is a 1st round caliber player. He is an athlete more than he’s a football player unfortunately.
He should have a much bigger influence at this level regardless of position.

IMO Gallucci has the highest impact from his possessions of any player on our list

Occasionally Gallucci does something very promising but then you don’t see it again for another 2-3 weeks.
His real problem is production. He doesn’t know where to run to find the ball. He played a lot on the wing in sanfl in first half of the season but still couldn’t find the ball.

And his kick is inconsistent and always has been. Even his draft reports said so back then. He’ll do a great kick and then the next kick will go out on the fall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Occasionally Gallucci does something very promising but then you don’t see it again for another 2-3 weeks.
His real problem is production. He doesn’t know where to run to find the ball.

Bullshit. I've been impressed with Gallucci's ball winning every time he plays inside midfield (which is rarely ever)

I wish that were true.

I think people are still hoping he’ll be a great player rather than looking at the evidence. He had been underwhelming at every level (under 18’s, SANFL, AFL).

It is

He has the third highest score involvement rate per disposal of any our players who have played decent midfield time. Above him are Jones and Lynch

Bulls**t. I've been impressed with Gallucci's ball winning every time he plays inside midfield (which is rarely ever)
Ok let’s see who’s right. I hope he can. But most draft experts didn’t rate him as a 1st rounder. That’s not to say they all get it right (ie Doedee), but in this case I think the majority, rather than Hamish, were right.
Remember he is in his 3rd year and should be dominating at this level. All those taken around him in that draft are playing very good AFL footy and would be killing it in the sanfl.
Let’s raise our expectations/standards guys.

Ok let’s see who’s right. I hope he can. But most draft experts didn’t rate him as a 1st rounder. That’s not to say they all get it right (ie Doedee), but in this case I think the majority, rather than Hamish, were right.
Remember he is in his 3rd year and should be dominating at this level. All those taken around him in that draft are playing very good AFL footy and would be killing it in the sanfl.
Let’s raise our expectations/standards guys.
Yeah theres no way gooch was ever worth a first round pick. Second round pick at best. Hamish got this one wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back