Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would we definitely get Noah, even if we packaged Smitty, Birchall, Roughy, Burgoyne & Popeye?

But for Smitty, they're all Free Agents & can walk for nothing & whilst he (& Burgoyne) is my favorite Hawk - Smitty isn't worth Pick 1 or 2.

From memory, Gold Coast don't have any FA that will leave so they don't have Compo to worry about diluting & may as well splash some cash on culture.
How would we definitely get Noah, even if we packaged Smitty, Birchall, Roughy, Burgoyne & Popeye?

But for Smitty, they're all Free Agents & can walk for nothing & whilst he (& Burgoyne) is my favorite Hawk - Smitty isn't worth Pick 1 or 2.

From memory, Gold Coast don't have any FA that will leave so they don't have Compo to worry about diluting & may as well splash some cash on culture.

The discussion centred around Jack Gunston and our 1st rd pick, try keeping up lad.

Just wondering what others opinions are regarding the number of changes to our list this offseason and how its facilitated?

Following some of the opinions posted in this thread there is a possibility that we could see up to 10 changes looking something like

In- 1 FA, 2 trades, 3 draftees, 4 rookie upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering what others opinions are regarding the number of changes to our list this offseason and how its facilitated?

Following some of the opinions posted in this thread there is a possibility that we could see up to 10 changes looking something like

Aside from Patton, I can see another 2 or 3 key position players brought in via trade/free agency. There are question marks hanging over Schoenmakers, Brand, Mohr and Mirra.

Last edited:
Finn definitely seemed taller than his 187cm suggested at the start of the year. Has gotten better every week this year. Crazy amounts of development!

The fact that he is now an inside beast but was an outside player before this year makes him an even better prospect.

If we could somehow get Finn and Anderson and with already having Worpel our midfield would be set for the next 10 years.

We need a ready-made small forward & KPD. The KPD can be young with scope to improve, but has to be AFL ready.

I'd expect these to come from trades or as Delisted FA.

Ollie & CJ could/should be Rookie upgrades, if it suits us to do so.

Of course then there's Cogs & Patton, plus we'll likely take at least 2 live Draft Picks.

More than 8 list changes would be minimum at my guess

Amidst the hypothetical conjecture about trading Breust and/or Gunston it must be remembered that both are contracted until 2021 and 2022 respectively. Whilst nothing is impossible in the trade period contracted players have to agree to a trade and may choose not to unless it is in their best interests.

I have been told that a Hawthorn big name will very likely be traded. I was told this very early in the season.

I don’t want to name any names but I believe there are 3 in the sweet spot age wise who all would have currency and be desirable at other clubs that may help net us something very good in return.

It’s going to be a difficult time for Hawks supporters and just like Ryan Burton last year there will be some heartburn.

I have been told that a Hawthorn big name will very likely be traded. I was told this very early in the season.

I don’t want to name any names but I believe there are 3 in the sweet spot age wise who all would have currency and be desirable at other clubs that may help net us something very good in return.

It’s going to be a difficult time for Hawks supporters and just like Ryan Burton last year there will be some heartburn.
Heard similar, Gunston, Bruest and Smith who looks gone the candidates for mine.

More noise about Melbourne being keen on Smith.
I’d hope we ask for a little more than what we let Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell go for.
He would help them tremendously as they struggle moving the ball
If he’s in demand then surely the club would. Could be a few teams by the sounds of it keen to get him on board so we might do reasonably well for once moving a club champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Worpbulls name isn’t on the list I think I can deal with it.

Gunston would net us the best return out of the 3. I'm not opposed to it. We need to make some tough calls to keep our future bright.
Would make sense as the message from the club the past month or so has been "prepare for some heartbreak". Gunners would hurt. Smith and Breust I could handle.

I know people are very touchy about this because Gunston is a class act, but I would not be suprised to see us trade him out. We now have TOB, Ross and Walker waiting in the wings who can play the same role as Gunston. Add in the fact that we’re getting Patton and he is the most expendable player in our forward line who has currency. I can see us trading him to Melbourne for pick 2-3 or something along those lines.

I know people are very touchy about this because Gunston is a class act, but I would not be suprised to see us trade him out. We now have TOB, Ross and Walker waiting in the wings who can play the same role as Gunston. Add in the fact that we’re getting Patton and he is the most expendable player in our forward line who has currency. I can see us trading him to Melbourne for pick 2-3 or something along those lines.
Not worth it unless we get into the top 2. The drop off in talent from 2 to 3 is supposed to be massive.

Not worth it unless we get into the top 2. The drop off in talent from 2 to 3 is supposed to be massive.

This is true, although the from pick 3-15 you can throw a blanket over them.

Only if we got into the top 2 would you consider Gunno, we know that’s a possibility too.

I don’t think it’s going to be long before the media swings Cogs to Hawks in lieu of Carlton, too much is happening behind the scenes not for it to happen.

I can definitely see us packaging up players to send to other teams for top end picks. If Melbourne finish second and GCS don't get the early priority pick I can see us trading Gunners/some pick swaps for pick 2 for use on Anderson. I think GCS will be another likely trade target- maybe not for pick one but if they get a late priority pick I can see Shiels heading that way for an early second/late first and Birch heading up there for not a whole heap.
There'll be a lot of outcry no matter who moves or where they move to, but I think with our clearly ambitious plans of getting players like Cogs and Patton we're going to have to make significant list changes (I think both Gunners, Birch and Shiels are replaceable with what we have on our list currently).
Smith is an interesting one for me as I think he's done his currency well the past month, but can still see us sending him out to the Doggies or Melbourne for not a whole heap.

I think we're going to be buying our way into the top end of the draft this year, and it's going to cause some serious heartache to do it. #trustinclarko #trustinGW

I can definitely see us packaging up players to send to other teams for top end picks. If Melbourne finish second and GCS don't get the early priority pick I can see us trading Gunners/some pick swaps for pick 2 for use on Anderson. I think GCS will be another likely trade target- maybe not for pick one but if they get a late priority pick I can see Shiels heading that way for an early second/late first and Birch heading up there for not a whole heap.
There'll be a lot of outcry no matter who moves or where they move to, but I think with our clearly ambitious plans of getting players like Cogs and Patton we're going to have to make significant list changes (I think both Gunners, Birch and Shiels are replaceable with what we have on our list currently).
Smith is an interesting one for me as I think he's done his currency well the past month, but can still see us sending him out to the Doggies or Melbourne for not a whole heap.

I think we're going to be buying our way into the top end of the draft this year, and it's going to cause some serious heartache to do it. #trustinclarko #trustinGW
Kennett's message the other day said a similar thing. Game on.

Key Fwd ... Patton
Mid .... Cogs
Key Back .....

Time to address please .

McEvoy!

It is all happening!

Add to this team, which has just beaten Geelong, GWS and Collingwood, and has the best defense in the league, the following:

Tom Mitchell
Stephen Coniglio
Jonathan Patton
McEvoy at CHB
A fit Chad.

Realistically, that’s before we trade out anyone of note, or use any significant draft pick.

If we are ‘brutal’ in this trade period as has been rumored, then our team will be better then simply with those five huge additions.

I am all-in on us playing in a Grandfinal next year.

I’d even say a game clear on top of the ladder.

We are about to get dominant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back