Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/22!
Sorry, not in the mood to be cheered up, too busy “enjoying” my sulk.
Maybe tomorrow! 😉
Add Steele, so 4!
I understand how you feel mate, but a number of results this year would be markedly different with straight goal kicking.
We aren’t as far off as many are lamenting - before people start up: I’m not saying our issues don’t run deep, especially with personnel and skills - but straight kicking will dramatically increase your chances of winning.

Dixon is an incompetent tool. Hired because he himself was a reasonable kick at goal. Doesn't mean he can teach others.Clearly he can't.

Another exanple of a club believing that just because someone played at the highest level they are qualified to do the job. Elshaug made a career out of that false premise until he ran into Satan.

Good way of getting elshaug into it. Seriously

It doesn't, but apparently our recruiters deliberately seek players with said lack of skill.
That’s the problem with people who just point to the players as the whole problem because they “lack skill.”

In a draft based competition like ours, it is impossible to draft a whole list of unskilled players. And when I mean impossible, I mean it almost literally: even the world’s most incompetent recruiting staff couldn’t possibly comprise a list of players completely lacking in skill like so many in our list appear to be.

Lack of skill (under pressure or not) across a whole playing list - especially one with the same head coach and many coaches for a number of years - falls at the feet of the coaches mainly. It’s just not logical to think that we, against all probability, managed to draft so many poorly skilled players.

They were trained to value certain things like tackling, headless chook pressure and being “strong in the contest” over composure and skill for many years. What we see now is just the fruit of this poor coaching and development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the sooner you get off that hobby horse the better. We lose today. Finnis fault. We build a fantastic facility. Well done players.
Thank christ we are a construction company then hey...

Where your job is to build fantastic infrastructure.

That's not bad luck, if you allow your opponent to take shots from easier spots than other sides… they'll have better accuracy.
I paraphrased it a bit, but part of it was our opposition kicked above their expected accuracy than if they were taking those exact same shots in other games. This includes large amounts of shots taken from angles and distances they weren't expected to kick it from and from spots on other games they didn't kick the goal from.

So this wasn't about them getting shots from easier spots but about them kicking more accurately from that same spot in games against us than in every other game this year.

Well, he kinda was - every player on the ground had more touches than he did.
I think long needs a year at sandy playing as a mid and learning how to hunt the footy... probably Parker too, we can’t be competitive with a player getting 6 touches and 1 or 2 tackles every second week.

What made it worse today was that he spent time at half back where the ball is easiest to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back