Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t concussed. Impact should definitely not be medium.
But you just know, the Ben Long “ potential to do harm” rule will come into play. First and last time it’s ever been used…until now.
Ah yes...the St.Kilda rule. Love how we're used for novel interpretations and outright flouting of the rule book.
Can go any outcome...except innocent.

Remember during the pre season when those numpties were saying Owens couldn’t take a mark.
Lol

That is was probably because in preseason he was not holding his marks. Or at least at training sessions that I went to that was evident.

Come the season proper he has suddenly developed the Stewart Loewe vice like Clunk.

Agree the 50s were a little lucky. Bloody harsh penalty.
We've had worse paid against us, I can't remember the game but Seb Ross had one paid against him where he basically got up off the ground and the opposition guy ran around him to play on and was called for stepping over the mark when he'd been given zero seconds to get back. So I don't really feel anything for them tbh when we've had calls like that against us.

It's interesting how much has been made of the two 50s without much of a mention of the free against Nasiah that led to the Clarke goal which was pretty much the softest free kick you'll ever see.

The Gulden 50 was pretty dumb, another bloke stood the mark and then he comes in and stands his own mark two metres over where the other guy is. Clear as day 50.

Not sure why players risk a 50 by overstepping the mark. You have to stand there anyway. If a player is dumb enough to do it then I don't feel bad for them if it costs their team a 50.

Watch a few clubs every week. Collingwood step 5 meters towards the player every time and the umps either call stand where the player with the ball can't dish off quickly, and gives them time to reset up ahead of the player while the umpire moves them back. A few sides are copying it. Rarely results in a 50. Sydney do it all the time. I think the Saints players probably complained and got a few frees. The Swans didn't stop though. They took the couple of 50s and were straight back to it.

We've had worse paid against us, I can't remember the game but Seb Ross had one paid against him where he basically got up off the ground and the opposition guy ran around him to play on and was called for stepping over the mark when he'd been given zero seconds to get back. So I don't really feel anything for them tbh when we've had calls like that against us.

We have been on the wrong side of the umpiring for years. It's funny how when other clubs get calls like we get every week they freak out.

We have been on the wrong side of the umpiring for years. It's funny how when other clubs get calls like we get every week they freak out.
A recent example of your point. What's happened to umpire dissent all of a sudden? We got done early in the year in one game and it cost us two goals (I forget which game). It was the one where Wilkie pointed at the the screen.

Anyway it now seems to be pretty much all forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL want us to do well in our 150th. Greedy bastards along with our favourable draw

There is a shitness loading with sides and players as well. Good sides tend to get the benefit of the doubt a bit more. We've tricked them this season.

Bulldogs being number 1 seems very believable so your one might be the correct one.

The +22 one is correct.

We've actually received the 4th least amount of frees. But we've also given away the 3rd least amount of frees.

Port is averaging 38 frees (total) in their games. We're at 32 per game. Only a couple teams have lower totals per game.

The +22 one is correct.

We've actually received the 4th least amount of frees. But we've also given away the 3rd least amount of frees.

Port is averaging 38 frees (total) in their games. We're at 32 per game. Only a couple teams have lower totals per game.

Its not meant to be even though, as Gringo suggested, some teams are methodically breaking the rules, in the knowledge, that they will only get pinged on a few occasions.

Remember during the pre season when those numpties were saying Owens couldn’t take a mark.
Lol
Maybe you can get to training occasionally. Exact reason that detailed training reports goes to PM.
FWIW, it was early in preseason. The 4 tines I went to preseason his marking was excellent.
Only numpties are parasites who knock people who go out of their way for Saints supporters to know what's going on preseason.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch a few clubs every week. Collingwood step 5 meters towards the player every time and the umps either call stand where the player with the ball can't dish off quickly, and gives them time to reset up ahead of the player while the umpire moves them back. A few sides are copying it. Rarely results in a 50. Sydney do it all the time. I think the Saints players probably complained and got a few frees. The Swans didn't stop though. They took the couple of 50s and were straight back to it.
Thought Max could’ve got a free when he was spoiled front on by a defender who didn’t appear to be looking at the ball. That was the contest where he looked proppy afterwards.

A recent example of your point. What's happened to umpire dissent all of a sudden? We got done early in the year in one game and it cost us two goals (I forget which game). It was the one where Wilkie pointed at the the screen.

Anyway it now seems to be pretty much all forgotten.
Good thing too.
Unless they really mouth off at the umps, it was a ridiculous thing.

There is a shitness loading with sides and players as well. Good sides tend to get the benefit of the doubt a bit more. We've tricked them this season.
How does that explain Carlton being top 2 both years? 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back