Game Day Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here we are, post bye, bloody hell time flies! While the last month or so has been rather underwhelming, I'm sure we'd all agree that so far the team has performed quite a bit better than we could've imagined considering all the injuries. Now we're back, prime time Thursday night footy, Buddy's 350th, sitting in 5th spot with the chance to go a game clear of sixth and seventh, huge game!

It's a bit hard to know what to expect. Part of what was so exciting at the start of the year was the commitment they showed to work hard for each other. I think more than just about anything else, this is what I'd like to see return tonight. That team first desperation. All those little things that add up to more than the sum of their parts. The boss knows the SCG as well as anyone so we should have some good structure but we'll need to bring the heat.

Very exciting to have Mitch back and can't wait to see him, Hammer and Max up forward together, could be a dangerous combo. And as has been well discussed we should see Mitch in the middle a bit too, Windy as well, so a little taste of the (hopefully not too distant) future there. Lots of other little sub-plots around the commentary on this game, but we really need to see some response from our senior midfielders after appearing out of sorts for a few weeks now. They have a few players out, including some key midfielders, but they still have guns all over the ground. Papley always worries me, feels like he's never too far away from a five goal haul, hopefully not tonight! Heeney obviously very dangerous around the ground and drifting forward. Buddy looks a bit cooked to me but at the SCG he could very easily bang on a few, centre clearances crucial there, and you'd think they'll be looking for him early too.

We need to start well, the home crowd will be up and about for Buddy's milestone, we just can't get blown away early. The fact that we haven't won there since 2009 tells us how difficult it can be to play there, but it feels a bit like a new era at the Saints with the boss back in charge and some very promising young players. Let's hope they can begin to write their own history, starting tonight.

Well here we are, post bye, bloody hell time flies! While the last month or so has been rather underwhelming, I'm sure we'd all agree that so far the team has performed quite a bit better than we could've imagined considering all the injuries. Now we're back, prime time Thursday night footy, Buddy's 350th, sitting in 5th spot with the chance to go a game clear of sixth and seventh, huge game!

It's a bit hard to know what to expect. Part of what was so exciting at the start of the year was the commitment they showed to work hard for each other. I think more than just about anything else, this is what I'd like to see return tonight. That team first desperation. All those little things that add up to more than the sum of their parts. The boss knows the SCG as well as anyone so we should have some good structure but we'll need to bring the heat.

Very exciting to have Mitch back and can't wait to see him, Hammer and Max up forward together, could be a dangerous combo. And as has been well discussed we should see Mitch in the middle a bit too, Windy as well, so a little taste of the (hopefully not too distant) future there. Lots of other little sub-plots around the commentary on this game, but we really need to see some response from our senior midfielders after appearing out of sorts for a few weeks now. They have a few players out, including some key midfielders, but they still have guns all over the ground. Papley always worries me, feels like he's never too far away from a five goal haul, hopefully not tonight! Heeney obviously very dangerous around the ground and drifting forward. Buddy looks a bit cooked to me but at the SCG he could very easily bang on a few, centre clearances crucial there, and you'd think they'll be looking for him early too.

We need to start well, the home crowd will be up and about for Buddy's milestone, we just can't get blown away early. The fact that we haven't won there since 2009 tells us how difficult it can be to play there, but it feels a bit like a new era at the Saints with the boss back in charge and some very promising young players. Let's hope they can begin to write their own history, starting tonight.
We just need to win!

I think the bye came at a good time for us. No doubt they’ve watched a few games from earlier in the season and asked what the difference is between then and now.
Having Owens, Windy, King and Caminiti back in should help to light a spark.
I’m feeling good, Saints by 200, to go with Travis Heads double hundred.

Feeling nervous. Going with Sydney mates. Wonder if we will still be friends after the final siren?!

Not sure whether or not to let myself get hopeful of a good performance at the SCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the club playing the game on the big screen at Moorabbin tonight?

Not sure but for anyone interested we are holding our usual away game function at The Bentleigh Social

Good food and drinks and two projectors screens. We get the whole venue usually so it’ll be a great Saints atmosphere!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Team sheet looking very nice, despite Hunter being out.

RTB quite pointed in the presser when asked about our losing streak up there.

I'm a casual supporter and even I watched footage from earlier in the season, and noticed the drop off to the pre-bye games.

Expecting major heat, question will be, can we sustain till end of season and Finals.

PS official tip Saints by 33 points.

I went to the Gabba during the covid times to watch Saints Swans and we flogged them. Fair to say I was pretty well oiled up on black German beers from the German club across the road.
The thing that stood out for me was the Swans fans yellowed swans jerseys and polos. Too much white 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Would have been more confident playing this down here.
Up there it will be extremely tough.
They'll be up for Buddy (how the hell are we unlucky enough to get so many of his milestone games???).

With it being wet the lack of the McCartin boys aren't going to be that much of a concern for them.

Like always though, the midfield is vital. We win there and we go a long way to getting the 4 points.
Put in the same effort as the previous month and a half and it could be bloody ugly.

When you’re top four most of the season most of your opponents will be below you.
We weren't on top when the lowly Hawks beat us, so the way things are going, the Swans who are below us will win, and it took us most of the game to shake off bottom dwellers North. We need a big form turnaround tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back