Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to SEN this morning, I think we are gonna have to brace for an absolute meltdown on here. According to them the tribunal will have to uphold the suspension according to the rules. I feel like I’m living in cuckoo land. Absolutely flabbergasted.
Do you know what explanation they gave for why it will be upheld?

In my book the grading of careless conduct, medium impact, high contact is wrong.

In my book the grading of careless conduct, medium impact, high contact is wrong.
Someone leaving the field to get checked and then found to be fine can't be "medium impact".
It should be NIL impact.

Listening to SEN this morning, I think we are gonna have to brace for an absolute meltdown on here. According to them the tribunal will have to uphold the suspension according to the rules. I feel like I’m living in cuckoo land. Absolutely flabbergasted.
It is so St Kilda to always cop it at the hand of this corrupt AFL organisation.

Ryder
Long
Butler

God forbid any of our players get hit aka Hunter Clark.
Any other team bar north would get the players off. Chriso is a flog and should do everyone a favour and F off.

I agree. That first quarter of Port v Bulldogs last night was the opposite extreme. Beautiful skills but a bit like a Big Mac. Sugar hit but then once the effect fades you realise it was only so so. The 2nd half of that game was better as it got more contested. 2nd half of our game was extremely contested. Much better footy to watch than the basketball style game.
The best sides generally play the most exciting football. Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong all played fast footy and were awesome to watch. I don’t mind the focus on defence to start with but the offense has to come at some stage, boring/hard to watch football that we play regularly hasn’t won since 2006.

The best sides generally play the most exciting football. Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong all played fast footy and were awesome to watch. I don’t mind the focus on defence to start with but the offense has to come at some stage, boring/hard to watch football that we play regularly hasn’t won since 2006.
Yet.

You're probably right though.

Wasn’t concussed. Impact should definitely not be medium.
But you just know, the Ben Long “ potential to do harm” rule will come into play. First and last time it’s ever been used…until now.

Best just to listen yourself if you can be bothered it’s very long. Something about precedent.

Here is a scenario - Player A kicks the ball. Player B (opposition) try to mark the ball but has the sun in his eyes
and is hit clean in the face by the ball and goes off the ground due to the blood rule with claret steaming from
his nose. The medico on the bench notices something is not quite right with Player B and as it turns out Player B
fails the concussion protocols. My question is - does Player A have a case to answer ?

Player A is charging out of a contest , player B tries to stop him by initiating a tackle across the chest.
Player A ducks his head and nearly takes it off on player B's arm.
IMO player A DOES have a case to answer.

What does PITA stand for?Jesus you blokes abbreviate a lot. You've all made me bald with the amount of head scratching I have to do 🤔
Pain in the ass 😂

It is so St Kilda to always cop it at the hand of this corrupt AFL organisation.

Ryder
Long
Butler

God forbid any of our players get hit aka Hunter Clark.
Any other team bar north would get the players off. Chriso is a flog and should do everyone a favour and F off.
Blakey should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute for trying to milk a free by shoving his own melon into the turf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute for trying to milk a free by shoving his own melon into the turf
If he had shoulders his head wouldn’t have touched the ground

As I said the Swans medical staff and cos he’s should all be banned for allowing Paddy Mac to play.

Maybe not the right thread, but... Hawthorn beat Brisbane which shows our loss to the Hawks, whilst mega disappointing, shows that we didn't drop our bundle to a poor side, it also means that we are in the hunt for a top 4 finish given our draw.

It Collingwood beat Melbourne, then it's us, Brisbane and Melbourne separated on percentage with St Kilda having a friendlier draw in the second half.

Irrespective of howmwe did it, the win over Sydney has put things back on track.

Maybe not the right thread, but... Hawthorn beat Brisbane which shows our loss to the Hawks, whilst mega disappointing, shows that we didn't drop our bundle to a poor side, it also means that we are in the hunt for a top 4 finish given our draw.

It Collingwood beat Melbourne, then it's us, Brisbane and Melbourne separated on percentage with St Kilda having a friendlier draw in the second half.

Irrespective of howmwe did it, the win over Sydney has put things back on track.
Hawks obviously better than we gave them credit for, but we definitely dropped our bundle. We were poor most of the game and then let the lead slip in the end.
No excuses.

Butler gets 'offered' one - what should Scicily be 'offered'???
Sicily was offered the free kick for holding the ball that Butler should’ve got.

All that grading proves is that Michael Christian has no idea and should be removed from the position of MRO.

As for the tackle itself - according to the actual guidelines the only way it can be considered an offence is on the basis that

"The Player being tackled is in a vulnerable position (e.g. arm(s) pinned) with little opportunity to protect himself;"

Now given that whole intent of a tackle in AFL is to pin the arm(s) of the player with the ball to ensure they can't dispose of the ball correctly then realistically every good tackle should result in a suspension for the tackler because he puts the person with the ball in a "vulnerable postion".

F***ing madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back